miden Offline

Loc: The World
NP Rikki...its all good

Dennis

#289680 - 07/04/10 06:19 PM Re: which is the better VA7-GW8
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Dennis,
don't know if I'm being over critical, but I vaguely remember the whirring of the zip drive used to annoy me on the VA7, it was constant, a bit like the constant whirring on my netbook. Maybe being 2nd hand, my VA7 might have been faulty? but to me it was a bit of an annoyance.

With my PA800 currently being down, at least I might finally get around to try & sort my little V Machine out. Unfortunately when I bought it second hand, it wasn't in it's factory state,and Miss KnowItAllhere,
didn't think it would be all that hard to figure out. ( It's more complex than I'd anticipated haahaa)
I'm hoping to get it working with soundfonts & OMB or Livestyler & my Netbook.
Are you keybordless at the moment or is the VA7/GW8 just a second board.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
NP Rikki...its all good

Dennis

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#289681 - 07/04/10 07:21 PM Re: which is the better VA7-GW8
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Dennis,
don't know if I'm being over critical, but I vaguely remember the whirring of the zip drive used to annoy me on the VA7, it was constant, a bit like the constant whirring on my netbook. Maybe being 2nd hand, my VA7 might have been faulty? but to me it was a bit of an annoyance.

With my PA800 currently being down, at least I might finally get around to try & sort my little V Machine out. Unfortunately when I bought it second hand, it wasn't in it's factory state,and Miss KnowItAllhere,
didn't think it would be all that hard to figure out. ( It's more complex than I'd anticipated haahaa)
I'm hoping to get it working with soundfonts & OMB or Livestyler & my Netbook.
Are you keybordless at the moment or is the VA7/GW8 just a second board.

best wishes
Rikki

Hi Rikki, no this is just a 61 note keyboard to add to the Media Station...I am quoting for a couple of gigs (possibly residencies) that have EXTREMELY limited space...I even will only be able to use on speaker...but the money should be okay !!

Its why I was looking...And I will certianly not get either a PA800, or a S910 for anything like the money for these.

I think I will go with the GW8, though. It DOES give a backup MP3 option should the lappy fail....

BTW, if you ever want to sell your V machine, give me a shout hey? You still would have my email I think

Cheers
Dennis

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 07-04-2010).]

#289682 - 07/05/10 01:48 AM Re: which is the better VA7-GW8
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Dennis,
didn't realize you kept the Media station.

ok I'll keep you in mind if I decide to sell the V Machine.
I'm trying to get it back to some sort of a Factory standard. The guy I bought it from only had it for a few weeks, but he'd unloaded most of the sounds. Fortunately it comes with a Sample Tank disk.. Be interesting to see what sort of sounds are included.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by miden:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#289683 - 07/05/10 04:08 AM Re: which is the better VA7-GW8
AFG Music Offline

Roland VA-7 and VA 76 has 3,649 GM2/GS compatible sounds and the V- tones are great and verry good drum kits. the VA has 4 folders of sounds that you can select, and folder 4 has new sounds for Roland VA. VA-7 has verry good speakers and it has 2 Line Inputs Input (L/Mono, R), for MP3 player..................

Roland VA-7 and VA-76 has verry good style creating and editing options. VA-7 and VA-76 also has many midi options.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 07-05-2010).]

#289684 - 07/05/10 11:38 AM Re: which is the better VA7-GW8
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Dennis,
didn't realize you kept the Media station.

ok I'll keep you in mind if I decide to sell the V Machine.
I'm trying to get it back to some sort of a Factory standard. The guy I bought it from only had it for a few weeks, but he'd unloaded most of the sounds. Fortunately it comes with a Sample Tank disk.. Be interesting to see what sort of sounds are included.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by miden:
[B]

Hi Rikki,

Believe it or not I actually bought it back from the guy I sold it to!! He couldn't figure it fully, and after I saw what Domenico had achieved with OS4.X, decided it was worth another shot.

Happy that I did

The Vmachine would be ideal to add to this new 61 note keyboard, so I can still have my fav vst pianos with me

#289685 - 07/10/10 10:44 PM Re: which is the better VA7-GW8
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Dennis,
that's great.
happy to hear the medistation is working out for you.

I still haven't gotten the V Machine worked out as yet, I've been busy reformatting my laptop and getting my old
soft synth / arranger set up, ; up & running again. Not quite sure if I'll be using the V Machine or not. Not sure either if I still have your email.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:

Hi Rikki,

Believe it or not I actually bought it back from the guy I sold it to!! He couldn't figure it fully, and after I saw what Domenico had achieved with OS4.X, decided it was worth another shot.

Happy that I did

The Vmachine would be ideal to add to this new 61 note keyboard, so I can still have my fav vst pianos with me

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online