SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#289329 - 06/19/10 06:46 PM How many languages do you speak?, Multicultural....
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Just wondering....how many languages can you speak.....or able to communicate?

Can anybody from the forum go to another country or simply be with a different ethnic group, and be able to entertain the locals/group with that particular king of music?
How many Multicultural musicians are here? Just curious.

How many songs can you "play" by memory,
NO/midi file playing?

------------------
mdorantes

#289330 - 06/19/10 07:16 PM Re: How many languages do you speak?, Multicultural....
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Only one language for me. I do a few Cajun songs in French, but I do them pretty much phonetically. When I was young I could speak a little Osage, but there's not much demand for that!
My friend Vince Ramos in Houston speaks English, Spanish and Italian and sings in all three languages. I've been fooling around with an online Spanish course, but not devoting enough time to make a lot of progress.
I can do many hundreds of songs totally from memory. Sometimes I might mess up a line or verse, but not too often. No telling how many I could play without singing.
DonM

#289331 - 06/20/10 04:35 AM Re: How many languages do you speak?, Multicultural....
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Wow Don, that's pretty impressive. I know a pretty good number of songs by memory to play, but lyrics is another story. I wonder why I can hear every note of thousands of songs, and can't remember the lyrics. Until the last couple of years I have missed out on the story of the song. That, of course, is a major part. It sure helps when you listen to the "story", but I still have difficulty.

#289332 - 06/20/10 05:33 AM Re: How many languages do you speak?, Multicultural....
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
English,Irish and Bad Language here.

Although my Irish sucks big time as it's for the most part not spoken throughout the country. Only very tiny pockets of Ireland use the language.

I'd know a few words in Polish to greet people, ask for help and so on. Very basic stuff.

James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 06-20-2010).]

#289333 - 06/20/10 07:19 AM Re: How many languages do you speak?, Multicultural....
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Passable in English, fluent in profanity. I also talk smack. I also can play three songs from memory....well, not all the way through.

chas

#289334 - 06/20/10 07:44 AM Re: How many languages do you speak?, Multicultural....
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I speak, Dutch,German,English,and little French
I play about ±500 from my head (cant read music)

Impuls

#289335 - 06/20/10 09:07 AM Re: How many languages do you speak?, Multicultural....
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
Wow Don, that's pretty impressive. I know a pretty good number of songs by memory to play, but lyrics is another story. I wonder why I can hear every note of thousands of songs, and can't remember the lyrics. Until the last couple of years I have missed out on the story of the song. That, of course, is a major part. It sure helps when you listen to the "story", but I still have difficulty.

Bernie, I'd much rather be young again and have an empty head to start loading!
DonM

#289336 - 06/20/10 09:27 AM Re: How many languages do you speak?, Multicultural....
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Hi, i speak 5 fluently and its funny cuz when i was 5 years old i already spoke 4 of them.
Same thing goes with music, i have nothing to do with Arabic or Greek music but i can
survive a whole party playing their music. Most of us Eastern Europeans speak many langs
and also are familiar with many kinds of music. Yhe languages i speak are:
Turkish, Albanian, English, Serbian and Macedonian, the best is speak now is English.

#289337 - 06/20/10 09:40 AM Re: How many languages do you speak?, Multicultural....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I speak fluent French, besides my native English, which comes in handy in a bi-lingual country like Canada.

Ian

#289338 - 06/20/10 02:28 PM Re: How many languages do you speak?, Multicultural....
Bachus Offline

Dutch, German, English, Limburgs(dutch dialect), French, a little Spannish and some Italian.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online