SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#289287 - 06/18/10 02:07 PM O/T - USA was ROBBED of a Victory
leezone Offline

All i will say is that...

Soccer DESPERATELY needs instant replay

It's a game decided by 1 point,
ALL other sports which score in the 100's have instant replay, why not soccer?

Let's get these calls right
ONCE AND FOR ALL !!!

#289288 - 06/18/10 02:18 PM Re: O/T - USA was ROBBED of a Victory
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:

Let's get these calls right
ONCE AND FOR ALL !!!

Who cares, it's only Soccer.

chas

PS: Just kidding , I was just playing "ugly American".

#289289 - 06/18/10 02:40 PM Re: O/T - USA was ROBBED of a Victory
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Wow, not trying to be TOO blunt...but come on guys...Your beautiful Gulf is facing extinction and you are worried about not winning a football GAME!!

Just seems to me the priorities get a bit confused sometimes.

The World Cup, for ALL its hype, is still only a recreational pastime, a game. The focus of energy SHOULD be towards the devastation about to be inflicted on not only the Gulf, but the rest of the worlds' oceans.

I am appalled at even the Australian media who seemed to have dropped this issue to "night-filler".

This, in my view, should be the top of every media agency in the world EVERY DAY, and I also believe the world and the US should join on this to fix as soon as they can....

IF they can.

It is a far greater need than any specious invasions.

Dennis

#289290 - 06/18/10 03:09 PM Re: O/T - USA was ROBBED of a Victory
Bachus Offline

Soccer is about emotions and not about instant replay

And keep in mind that with insant replay the US would have ended the game with 9 players instead of 11...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#289291 - 06/18/10 03:13 PM Re: O/T - USA was ROBBED of a Victory
leezone Offline

Soccer is about emotions?
And how about football and basketball?

Soccer is a sport as are others
Let's not let a REF decide the game which is decided by 1 point

#289292 - 06/18/10 04:18 PM Re: O/T - USA was ROBBED of a Victory
Dnj Offline

#289293 - 06/18/10 06:01 PM Re: O/T - USA was ROBBED of a Victory
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Wow, not trying to be TOO blunt...but come on guys...Your beautiful Gulf is facing extinction and you are worried about not winning a football GAME!!

Just seems to me the priorities get a bit confused sometimes.

The World Cup, for ALL its hype, is still only a recreational pastime, a game. The focus of energy SHOULD be towards the devastation about to be inflicted on not only the Gulf, but the rest of the worlds' oceans.

I am appalled at even the Australian media who seemed to have dropped this issue to "night-filler".

This, in my view, should be the top of every media agency in the world EVERY DAY, and I also believe the world and the US should join on this to fix as soon as they can....

IF they can.

It is a far greater need than any specious invasions.

Dennis

I disagree......what the media forgets about every night on the news is that we have men & women fighting a war for the last 10 years and it's always put on the back burner.....these people are dying daily and are HEROS....get these boys home ASAP how many more have to die?

The oil can wait, it's just another political debacle that will go on & on like Katrina and will never get attended to because of bureaucratic BS, it still looks like the day it happened in the 9Th ward of LA...don't be fooled.

#289294 - 06/18/10 06:26 PM Re: O/T - USA was ROBBED of a Victory
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I disagree......what the media forgets about every night on the news is that we have men & women fighting a war for the last 10 years and it's always put on the back burner.....these people are dying daily and are HEROS....get these boys home ASAP how many more have to die?

The oil can wait, it's just another political debacle that will go on & on like Katrina and will never get attended to because of bureaucratic BS, it still looks like the day it happened in the 9Th ward of LA...don't be fooled.

Donny I agree on the first part of your post...your guys and ours, and all the other countries with serving people deserve far more than they get from our media.

I still contend that the Gulf catastrophe should be front and centre, but I DO concede that sharing that spot should also be the issue of getting all our people home.

Dennis

#289295 - 06/18/10 07:57 PM Re: O/T - USA was ROBBED of a Victory
Dnj Offline

Sadly as we all know it, that oil disaster in the gulf is beyond repair at this point .....mother nature gives no free rides....history will repeat itself as it always does since the beginning of mankind.
Strap yourself in we're all in for a rough ride.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online