SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#289194 - 06/17/10 07:31 AM Re: Tyros 4 Grapevine....
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
It takes about 3 years to design, test and bring to the market a new keyboard,(With the hardware done first) so the best technology it could have, will always be about 3 years old when launched.

As USB 3 was only ratified less than 12 months ago, and as far as I am aware no official launch date for HD Midi has been finalised, (It's normally announced at NAMM) the Tyros 4 is unlikely to have either.

I think DNJ is having a bit of fun here.

The exception would be if it used a computer at its heart, (Just like Neko, Wersi, and Lionstracs etc.) in which case it would be possible. (Don't forget Yamaha own Steinberg (The originators of the VST) and they are shortly to announce a brand new system http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/vst/preview_halion_sonic.html which if the basics were incorporated in Tyros 4, would really blow the hardware competition out of the water)

Bill

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 06-17-2010).]

#289195 - 06/17/10 08:07 AM Re: Tyros 4 Grapevine....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
It takes about 3 years to design, test and bring to the market a new keyboard,(With the hardware done first) so the best technology it could have, will always be about 3 years old when launched.

As USB 3 was only ratified less than 12 months ago, and as far as I am aware no official launch date for HD Midi has been finalised, (It's normally announced at NAMM) the Tyros 4 is unlikely to have either.

I think DNJ is having a bit of fun here.

The exception would be if it used a computer at its heart, (Just like Neko, Wersi, and Lionstracs etc.) in which case it would be possible. (Don't forget Yamaha own Steinberg (The originators of the VST) and they are shortly to announce a brand new system http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/vst/preview_halion_sonic.html which if the basics were incorporated in Tyros 4, would really blow the hardware competition out of the water)

Bill

No surprise there bill......Again YAMAHA is WAY ahead of the pack! Only 7 months till Winter NAMM

#289196 - 06/17/10 10:03 AM Re: Tyros 4 Grapevine....
leezone Offline

i wonder what will get here first ,
the AUDYA 4/5, or Winter NAMM,
sadly, i'm inclined to think the latter

#289197 - 06/17/10 12:55 PM Re: Tyros 4 Grapevine....
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
i wonder what will get here first ,
the AUDYA 4/5, or Winter NAMM,
sadly, i'm inclined to think the latter

Ist week in July and no COUTDOWN Leezone, it's time to get you money out, we can't wait to see the color of it. The talk is over!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#289198 - 06/17/10 01:53 PM Re: Tyros 4 Grapevine....
leezone Offline

Tony,

Maybe i should wait for the TYROS4

#289199 - 06/17/10 02:44 PM Re: Tyros 4 Grapevine....
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Just a thought here, 4 of the busiest pros I know that visit the forum use Yamaha boards. I gotta believe that the audiences are happy with what they hear these pros playing canned durms or not.

TravlinEasy PSR 3000
DNJ s910
Scott Yee Tyros 2
Bill From Dayton Tyros 2

I know another busy guy Zuki who uses the PA800 ( a great board too!)

I'm with Cass and improved vocal harmonizer would be a real plus.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 06-17-2010).]

Yes, but all depends on your target audiences, If your playing American swing, jazz, ballads and club/dance the Yamaha is one of the best. If you playing latin styles like bachata, merengue, salsa, cumbia, samba, forro, African, etc, the realism of the drum are missing in the yamaha. I sure if the any of them had target audiences like Lee does, they would have been using ketron for years.

#289200 - 06/17/10 04:17 PM Re: Tyros 4 Grapevine....
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
Yes, but all depends on your target audiences, If your playing American swing, jazz, ballads and club/dance the Yamaha is one of the best. If you playing latin styles like bachata, merengue, salsa, cumbia, samba, forro, African, etc, the realism of the drum are missing in the yamaha. I sure if the any of them had target audiences like Lee does, they would have been using ketron for years.

MC great point you make

#289201 - 06/17/10 04:24 PM Re: Tyros 4 Grapevine....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:

Sooo, let's see,.... allegedly better Drums? obiously just a personal opinion..... & Horrible Prolonged after the sale Service/Parts scenarios, over priced for what you get, etc, for a gigging pro thats not good......... VS Yamaha's Great Sound, Top of the line Service and Support worldwide?....enjoy your drums I'll stick with a "PROVEN" winner.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-17-2010).]

#289202 - 06/17/10 05:07 PM Re: Tyros 4 Grapevine....
miden Offline

Loc: The World
FWIW, I say KUDOS to Yamaha for even THINKING of including this.

Yes, some other things need to be addressed as well, but every thing they add like these (yet to be confirmed, but I don't doubt Donny) is a bonus.

And I would not be surprised if this is just the first step towards the Yamaha range being able to load and use VSTi's and VST effects, not to mention additional sampling.

USB 3 will enable the use of super fast external hard drives (SSD's as well) that will allow direct streaming.

Dennis

#289203 - 06/17/10 06:46 PM Re: Tyros 4 Grapevine....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
FWIW, I say KUDOS to Yamaha for even THINKING of including this.

Yes, some other things need to be addressed as well, but every thing they add like these (yet to be confirmed, but I don't doubt Donny) is a bonus.

And I would not be surprised if this is just the first step towards the Yamaha range being able to load and use VSTi's and VST effects, not to mention additional sampling.

USB 3 will enable the use of super fast external hard drives (SSD's as well) that will allow direct streaming.

Dennis

Exactly Dennis ......stay tuned!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online