SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#289043 - 06/15/10 12:50 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
IF the game does go down and everyone shows their hand, I think KETRON are going to be in one of the worst positions the company has ever been in.

Don't you think its about time everyone shows their hand.

Selling people outdated technollogy at these prices is almost like cheeting customers out of their money.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#289044 - 06/15/10 01:04 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Don't you think its about time everyone shows their hand.

Selling people outdated technollogy at these prices is almost like cheeting customers out of their money.

Yea but you get live drums right Lee? did you order yours yet?

#289045 - 06/15/10 03:15 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Bill is it my eyes or is your maths tosh.

Audya US price $4999 = £3375
Audya UK price £4299 = $6368
Tyros 3 US $4599 = £3106
Tyros 3 UK £2883 = $4269

The US Audya is $4999 and tyros 3 $4599 therefore as the Audya 5 is cheaper then the standard Audya, there is a very good chance that it will be similar in price to the T3

Bill

#289046 - 06/15/10 06:44 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Such a storm in a teacup... the whole thing comes from one salesman trying to make a sale by implying that he is offering the T3 at a lower price because there's a T4 in the works...

And you actually BELIEVE him? A salesman?

I do not see any POINT in a T4 this year. What, exactly, is beating it sales-wise? What is blowing it away technologically? Surely NOT the Audya... Maybe if it actually WORKED well, was widely available, well supported and cheaper, OK, MAYBE Yamaha got a reason. But it doesn't...

Korg need to go another generation just to catch up to Yamaha. DNC is cool, but there aren't any samples for it to use...

No new Roland TOTL product, even in Rumor-Land.

And, it's probably safe to say, with the economic downturn, this is probably the lowest selling Tyros so far. Yamaha would certainly want to get as much from it before they HAVE to come out with something new, and with no pressure on it from a superior product, what on earth would make Yamaha decrease their product cycle..?

I don't buy it... Last time a salesman conned me, I ended up owning a piece of the Brooklyn Bridge! I have a feeling that many of you are shareholders too, now!

#289047 - 06/15/10 06:48 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia

I do not see any POINT in a T4 this year. What, exactly, is beating it sales-wise? What is blowing it away technologically? Surely NOT the Audya... Maybe if it actually WORKED well, was widely available, well supported and cheaper, OK, MAYBE Yamaha got a reason. But it doesn't...

Korg need to go another generation just to catch up to Yamaha. DNC is cool, but there aren't any samples for it to use...

No new Roland TOTL product, even in Rumor-Land.

And, it's probably safe to say, with the economic downturn, this is probably the lowest selling Tyros so far. Yamaha would certainly want to get as much from it before they HAVE to come out with something new, and with no pressure on it from a superior product, what on earth would make Yamaha decrease their product cycle..?

I don't buy it... Last time a salesman conned me, I ended up owning a piece of the Brooklyn Bridge! I have a feeling that many of you are shareholders too, now!

I'm with you Dikki, what a pity that the Audya has not delivered, that would have been the best reason for Yamaha to try to better the stus quo, but i cant see it until, there is real competition out there

#289048 - 06/15/10 07:44 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Regarding 76 keys...??
What develpment time...none needed. Just a little bigger keyed, a few more samples in some cases(maybe some sound tweeking?) and a different case.
Simple.

I tell you it's politics, the PRO group does not want a 76 key T.

Lee S.

#289049 - 06/15/10 09:24 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
leezone Offline

AUYDA may have "old" technology
but is the only one with
real audio drums,
real audio guitar accomp,
the only one that actually sounds live, like a band

and if you doubt that,
then try the AUDYA out for yourself next to ANY of your awesome BIG 3 arrangers and you'll see

wheres my "old" AUDYA4?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online