SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#289010 - 06/11/10 04:41 PM This is kinda' funny
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I used ServiceMagic to get a couple of bids for some electrical and plumbing work. Since then, I get periodic email ads. This was one of them (under the general heading of Home Improvement ?????).

------------------------------------------

"It only sets the whole mood.
Let's say you're at your wedding reception...or 40th birthday party...or that rockin' bash you decided to throw for fun cause you're a baller, and the Electric Slide comes on. Party RUINED.

And even if you're one of the 5 people who still like the Electric Slide, you know what I'm talking about. What's one person's Electric Slide is another person's Chicken Dance, am I right?

So before you become a laughingstock and the blogosphere goes off about how lame your party was, consider these few tips:

1. Interview 3 to 5 DJs before committing to one. Even if your aunt's friend's son is a "great" DJ - interview 3 DJs.
2. Ask how much input you'll have in the song selection.
3. Figure out what kind of music best suits the occasion and will satisfy - or at least won't offend - the majority of your guests.
4. Find a DJ who will play the music you like and make sure that you'll be getting that DJ if you're using a service.

Seems pretty simple, right? Tell that to the Myers family. They haven't had a party since the Michael Bolton incident of '99. "

-------------------------------------

Just thought it was interesting.

chas

#289011 - 06/12/10 02:01 PM Re: This is kinda' funny
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Ah, poor old Michael...really takes some crap. I don't quite understand it!

Funny stuff!

R.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online