SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#288975 - 06/12/10 08:03 AM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
zuki Offline

A baseball bat to keep the 'Fran type' women away from me

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#288976 - 06/12/10 08:15 AM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
Beakybird Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
I always knew 100% of my music by heart. It's just been the last 10 years that I've been using a lyric book; it keeps getting thicker and thicker... lol

I used to carry a lyric book. Now I have text files stored on my USB. Each text file is associated with a song registration.

If I call up a registration file named Volare, I just have to press the TEXT button, and Volare gets called up. If needed, I can put the chord changes. I also often have the composer, recording artist, and when the song hit #1 on the charts or won a Grammy.

I'll have to pick up one of those fans for the outdoor shows I have this summer. I don't do the nightclubs.

Outside of footswitches and a thumb drive, I don't use any accessories in my show. But I do like to have a bottle of lens cleaner and a micro fiber cloth kept in my gig bag to wipe the spittle off my keyboard.

I always keep an electric shaver, dental floss, eau de toilette, and mouthwash in my car in case I don't look or feel fresh upon arriving at that second or third gig of the day. At a slow gig in the Alzheimer's unit, there's always time for a quick shave in between songs.

Beakybird

#288977 - 06/12/10 08:22 AM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
I used to carry a lyric book. Now I have text files stored on my USB. Each text file is associated with a song registration.

If I call up a registration file named Volare, I just have to press the TEXT button, and Volare gets called up. If needed, I can put the chord changes. Beakybird

Beaky can you also link the lyrics files to MP3 songs on the thumbdrive also on the S910?

#288978 - 06/15/10 07:24 PM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Lyrics linked to SMF's or MP3's are cool, but what do you do if you play in a live band at times? It's simpler for me to have the few lyrics I need in a binder, then whatever keyboard you play and wherever you play it, you have what you need. Tie it to technology, and you run risks...

#288979 - 06/15/10 07:25 PM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Oh, and +2 on the sustain pedal (and expression pedal and FC-7, too!)

#288980 - 06/15/10 08:09 PM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
Dnj Offline

ketron products used to be able to link the lyrics to mp3's. or what ever as long as the were names excactly the same it would come up....I personally dont need lyrics or charted music.....it was just a question I thought of after reading a post on SZ and wanted to know if it could be done for the heck of it.

#288981 - 06/16/10 10:36 AM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Without a doubt ... the mic stand is top priority! Without that ... its not an "uncle Dave" show. I need that vocal link from my heart to the crowds ears. The rest is. All fluff.

#288982 - 06/16/10 12:22 PM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
A baseball bat to keep the 'Fran type' women away from me

I seem to remember your video, Jim. Do you GET a lot of those 'Fran type' women at the NH? Actually, I remember the 'young' lady who seemed so enamoured of you during your performance there. Come to think of it, she did seem like she'd be a good match-up for Fran .

chas

#288983 - 06/17/10 08:49 AM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
I seem to remember your video, Jim. Do you GET a lot of those 'Fran type' women at the NH? Actually, I remember the 'young' lady who seemed so enamoured of you during your performance there. Come to think of it, she did seem like she'd be a good match-up for Fran .

chas

Don't make fun we're all headed there, you can ride your new motorbike around the actiity room in your MUST have gear which would be a diaper

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-17-2010).]

#288984 - 06/17/10 10:01 AM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Don't make fun we're all headed there, you can ride your new motorbike around the actiity room in your MUST have gear which would be a diaper

Now that was funny, Donny. Glad to see you're getting your sense of humor back. Beats the heck out of being angry all the time, don't you think?

chas

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online