SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#288965 - 06/11/10 08:50 AM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
My folding music stand with an attached Little-Lite and my three ring binders of fake music, over 800 songs that I use for restaurant work...all songs arranged for two pages max, so there is no page turning.

Ian

#288966 - 06/11/10 09:30 AM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
My folding music stand with an attached Little-Lite and my three ring binders of fake music, over 800 songs that I use for restaurant work...all songs arranged for two pages max, so there is no page turning.

Ian

lot to carry 7 bulky too Ian why not use a smaller laptop or music reader for the music?

#288967 - 06/11/10 11:40 AM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
lot to carry 7 bulky too Ian why not use a smaller laptop or music reader for the music?

Actually, it's not too bad at all Donny...the books and the music stand go in a soft case, weigh about 15 lbs...and I like reading from the books as opposed to a laptop screen.

(1)Two MS60S powered speakers.

(2)PSR-S910 in soft case with all cables and pedals...double X-stand and folding bench in soft case.

(3) Books and music stand in one soft case...two modified X-stands for the speakers in one soft case.

Three trips...I can use the exercise...all very light and easy to carry.

I never book myself so that I have to rush.

Ian

#288968 - 06/11/10 12:13 PM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
Dnj Offline

If it works for you so be it that's good....I weened myself off charts and lyrics etc, a long time ago and practically have memorized everything I do, inspired by the "UNCLE DAVE" method frees me up more playing & makes for better stage presence & eye contact while playing....but to each his own. As long as it sounds good I say!

carry on

d.

#288969 - 06/11/10 12:42 PM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
If it works for you so be it that's good....I weened myself off charts and lyrics etc, a long time ago and practically have memorized everything I do, inspired by the "UNCLE DAVE" method frees me up more playing & makes for better stage presence & eye contact while playing....but to each his own. As long as it sounds good I say!

carry on

d.

I rarely read the music...I have it for a security blanket mostly...I manage a fair amount of eye contact, but in my job as a dinner music/background player, it's not that important.

Plus, it is too much effort to memorize 800 or more songs...I'm very lazy.

I don't do dance gigs, and I don't use any music when doing concerts or demos.

As you say, to each his own...it works for me.

Ian

#288970 - 06/11/10 01:28 PM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

This is a very important "piece of gear" for me......No..not that!!!...the mixer...

#288971 - 06/11/10 02:02 PM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Now days I don't leave home without my RnR10, Xseat and Xstand with mic boom. Unfortunately, I've succumbed to a thin ring binder for lyrics and a few charts. The damned lyrics are gettin' harder and harder to remember - wonder why...

#288972 - 06/11/10 08:19 PM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
124 Offline

No. 1 accessory - duct tape. Keeps my EC5 pedal in place.

About lights, I bought a six-led book light from Chapters for about $10. Battery lasts for ever and it's plenty bright.

#288973 - 06/11/10 09:22 PM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
M.... and my three ring binders of fake music, over 800 songs that I use for restaurant work...all songs arranged for two pages max, so there is no page turning.

Ian

Yep, me too..Except in my case its the laptop. My one accessory I could never do without...Well maybe in a pinch...Can always play a tune for 6 minutes instead of three, hey??

I too, am too lazy to bother FULLY learning approx 650 songs

Dennis

#288974 - 06/12/10 07:54 AM Re: What Accessory piece of Gear is a MUST for you to perform on stage?......
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I always knew 100% of my music by heart. It's just been the last 10 years that I've been using a lyric book; it keeps getting thicker and thicker... lol

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online