SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#288853 - 06/11/10 04:34 AM Re: O/T: Irish Music Industry Wants Mobile Operators to Implement “Three-Strikes”
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Mockie:
James,

I am not impressed with your negative comments about Ireland.

Frank

[This message has been edited by Mockie (edited 06-10-2010).]

[This message has been edited by Mockie (edited 06-10-2010).]

And if I do the typical Irish thing will that make you happy ?

Ok..Here goes.....

“Sure it will be grand”

Ok, happy now?

I'm prod to be Irish and I would quite simply tear the head off of anyone who accuses me of not loving my country.

Look, if there is one thing Ireland is well known for it's our music. IRMO and the government are like a cancer on the Irish peoples back as they eat away at the heart of what makes us what we are. The Irish are a great people but our well known “sure it will be grand' attitude is letting these guys destroy what we are as a people and a country.

A school girl working in a sweet shop trying to earn a few euro can't even listen to the local radio station now while she waits for the next customer to come in. IMRO will come in, measure up the place and issue large fines and feels on the owner that often mount to more than they pay their employee.

My friend owns a barbers and he has a small radio on a chair while he works so he an listen to the national radio station when things are quite. IMRO come in with a measuring tape and measure the size of this building and issue him with massive fees for listening to the national radio and based on the size of the room the fee increases.

The radio stations themselves broadcasting are even milked to death by IMRO, and then you are screwed again by IMRO for listening to the radio. It's worse than a double taxation.

VERY soon the costs of hotel rooms to go up as IMRO are now going to charge hotels a standard fee per night per the number of room the hotel owns, and not rents out. This will cost more jobs too, mark my words on that.

Don't even get me started on the number of pubs they closed, the government and smoking bans. They have all closed pubs across the entire country and the figures I believe are well over 100 close each year because of laws.

What you basically have here is people with no life, nothing left to enjoy and massive debts as the tax payers money and your kids, and their kids money is given to the banks who don't even have to tell you want they are doing with the money.

Look, nobody loves Ireland more than I do. The mere fact that I have an opinion on the idiots running the country shows I love my country and I'm screaming for change here. We have one of the most beautiful places in the world, but the people running it only care about Profit and their profit only.

I can't even drive the normal way to the main road any more. They close roads because they are so bad and there is no money to fix them. That's unbelievable. I may as well sell my car and buy a Donkey.

Peace.
James.

#288854 - 06/11/10 04:39 AM Re: O/T: Irish Music Industry Wants Mobile Operators to Implement “Three-Strikes”
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
The real pirates don't use Torrents or P2P software, they get everything they want from the Newsgroup services they subscribe to which can't be monitored by a 3rd party. So how can that be stopped? I really can't see how.

Exactly. This will just cost lots of money and you can bet EIRCOM won't pick up the costs. Like the world over, the cost will simply be passed onto the customers.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 06-11-2010).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online