SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#28866 - 09/16/06 12:23 AM No sound from my XP-80.
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Can somebody please guess as to what happened? I had my computer keyboard sitting on top of my xp. Well, Sitting there, it must have pushed a couple buttons. Or maybe it pressed the system button and I did the rest. I really have no idea. But I turned the value dial and suddenly the sound stopped. Well, I thought I'd just screwed up an edit or something, so I exited out of everything and tried to change patches. Nothing.

Now, just to clarify, I am totally blind, so I wasn't able to look at the screen when everything died to see what parameter it was I'd inadvertently changed.

I powered the unit off and back on again, still no sound, but it is sending midi data, so somehow I just muted the sound of the internal engine. How do I fix this apart from a factory reset, which I really really dont want to do.

If someone could help me out, I'd be most appreciative. And, if you could even go so far as to tell me exactly what buttons to push, then I would be able to fix it on my own without having to call someone over so I can borrow a pair of working eyes.
Thanks,
Rory

#28867 - 09/16/06 02:07 AM Re: No sound from my XP-80.
TheSonicEnergyAuthority Offline

Loc: Peterborough,Cambridgeshire,UK
Is the local control turned on or off?

#28868 - 09/16/06 05:07 AM Re: No sound from my XP-80.
FAEbGBD Offline

Don't know. Maybe that's what I changed?

#28869 - 09/16/06 06:55 PM Re: No sound from my XP-80.
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Rory,
That's my guess too ... Roland is one of those company's that let's you memorize the local setting. Check that first !

#28870 - 09/17/06 01:17 PM Re: No sound from my XP-80.
FAEbGBD Offline

Great tip. Had access to a pair of eyes yesterday, and that was indeed the problem. Easy fix. thankgs.

#28871 - 09/17/06 03:47 PM Re: No sound from my XP-80.
TheSonicEnergyAuthority Offline

Loc: Peterborough,Cambridgeshire,UK
I love a happy ending, glad it has a quick & easy fix.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online