SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#288712 - 06/04/10 09:15 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I'm not sure Donny is ready to relinquish his title yet . Oh wait, he's just the Duke................Duke, Duke, Duke of Earl.

chas

#288713 - 06/04/10 11:25 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
I'm not sure Donny is ready to relinquish his title yet . Oh wait, he's just the Duke................Duke, Duke, Duke of Earl.

chas

There are many "TITLES" here on SZ....
think about it

#288714 - 06/04/10 12:33 PM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
There are many "TITLES" here on SZ....

You're right.

Sir chas

#288715 - 06/04/10 12:50 PM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Well, "SIR" Chas, I know first-hand about the personal accomplishments you're too modest to brag about. And, if musicianship, humor and intelligence...all demonstrated frequently here...are factored in, you deserve the respect. Let's see..."Gentleman Don" and "Sir Chas"...kind of has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

Russ ("His Royal Majesty") Lay (LOL)
(sorry, Mo, but "His Royal Majesty" is way COOLER than just "Majesty". So THERE!).

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 06-04-2010).]

#288716 - 06/04/10 02:09 PM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
forget about the beat box, loops, style of music, boredom, excitement, repetition, creativity or lack of it, whatever--just listen closely to the singer and the sax player and tell me i'm wrong.
(but if you do..off with your heads)

------------------
Miami Mo

#288717 - 06/04/10 03:22 PM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out

Mo, you're not wrong, your Majesty...or Sir...whatever....you're NOT WRONG.

A good find, good talent and creative use of an interesting tool. We just completed a head and tail for a film using the same looper.

I saw a PBS special last year where Janice Ian (Great writer and singer and suprisingly good guitar player/hit maker from the 60's) used a looper.

Mo, listening to just the voice and sax, it's easy to tell these guys "got the goods".

Good call.

Russ

#288718 - 06/04/10 09:08 PM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
They have "it" - is there really ANY doubt about that?

I also think the only thing upsetting one "side" of this argument is the heavy(-sh) beat.

After all, in many ways, it's very Jazz. Think of the loop as the rest of the band Vamping, while the Vocalist does his thing and the Saxophonist solos occasionally.

I love the groove these guys have and the way they let the effects "breathe" throughout the whole song - they have a real feel for that.

I remember recently my wife and I were relaxing on a rare day off in a Beer Garden, and there was a Keyboard player there who used a looper as his backing track - he played "finger drums" on a mini porch board, looped it, vocalised a bass line, looped THAT, and off he went - great stuff.

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#288719 - 06/05/10 06:03 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
Russ, no need for such formality, "your Majesty" isn't required. Just "your Grooviness"
will do, for the remainder of my reign, which will be as long as this thread lasts. Now, about those tribute $ and new royal taxes, just send in plain brown wrapper to my po box.

------------------
Miami Mo

[This message has been edited by keysvocalssax (edited 06-05-2010).]

#288720 - 06/05/10 12:11 PM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out

I WANT "GROOVINESS"! Maybe I'll be "YOUR EXCELLENT GROOVINESS!

SO THERE (lol)!

OK, OK, you came up with it, DAMMIT!

Fun stuff, guys!

Russ (Dethroned ROYALTY) Lay

#288721 - 06/05/10 02:58 PM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Amazing in the 'land of the free' and the bastion against the tyranny of kings, everyone WANTS a royal title...

Diki (I didn't vote for no King!) Ross....
Commoner, and proud of it!

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online