SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#288701 - 06/03/10 11:44 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Ah, Gene Chandler...Duke of Earl! Old Gene was on American Bandstand one night when I was in high School. He performed in a full, formal tux, long tails and all. When Dick Clark commented about his outfit and asked him what it was called, Gene thought for a minute (remember, this was live TV) and said "this is my DUKE SUIT".

Now, every time I need to wear a tux (several times a year, usually for a philharmonic gig....Donny would like that), I refer to the outfit as my, you guessed it, "DUKE SUIT"!

Russ (Walking down memory lane) Lay

#288702 - 06/03/10 12:41 PM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
WHAT???? and put Diki out of a Job?No way Jose!

Well, at least that was funny. But speaking of Diki, let us all keep our fingers crossed and hope that he and all of our brothers in the entertainment business along the Gulf coast are not adversely affected by this tragic oil spill now threatening the beaches of Florida. In those areas where tourism is the prime commodity, the economic impact could be devastating. Let's hope they can end this ecological (and economic) nightmare soon.

chas

#288703 - 06/03/10 12:50 PM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
Dnj Offline

Chas now there is something I can agree with you on for sure ....it's terrible what's going on in the Gulf right now with this Oil crisis...there will definitly be repercussions derived by this down teh road for sure no matter what they do to stop it today or later on. It's been ongoing too long already & many things will be affected, tourism, lives, jobs, businesses, homes, and so on....I hope they get a handle on this real soon. Havn't these people been through enough with Katrina?

#288704 - 06/03/10 01:42 PM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
I guarantee that whatever YOUR sense of dress code you think is appropriate was thought shocking by the generation or two behind you. What do you think of THEIR fuddy duddy attitude, eh Donny?

I can't WAIT to see your promo pictures in doublet and hose...

You play for the bluehairs long enough, you BECOME one...

I dug the clip... nothing groundbreaking, but cool enough. The thing with dub is the buildup. You've got to be into it enough to not mind the first three or four choruses while it all assembles itself. And then, after that, not mind that because of the looper, it can't really go anywhere without starting from scratch. Me, I'm more into Ableton Live rather than hardware loopers, as they allow you MUCH more flexibility, multiple loops, clips, VSTi's, etc..

But you stick to doo-wop, Donny. Of course, don't forget, at it's time, it was race music, and as shocking to the kind of people that show your current attitude as you think this stuff is. I suggest you go back to the minuet. The last form of music that WASN'T shocking...

(I lie, it was frowned on at the time! I bet there was a caveman Donny going 'Dancing round the fire in animal skins?! What happened to the values WE had as kids? )

#288705 - 06/03/10 01:47 PM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
And thanks to all for the well wishes in our time of troubles (again!) here on the Gulf Coast. No oil in Destin yet, but it's just a matter of time. I doubt the town will survive this, there really being little industry other than tourism and fishing here.

BTW, any Palin 'drill baby, drill' supporters willing to come out of the closet? Please send me your address, and I will mail you a few pints of sweet Gulf Crude, to spread around YOUR backyard...

#288706 - 06/03/10 10:33 PM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
zuki Offline

I have to take Dnj's side here. Uninspiring, repetitious and non musical. Guess I've been with the blue hairs too long also.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#288707 - 06/04/10 07:03 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Who cares! Make your own kind of music... and enjoy it.

#288709 - 06/04/10 07:47 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
captain Russ Offline

COOL, BRIAN! I'll start "workin" on them two chords we'll need!

Good to hear from you!

Russ

#288710 - 06/04/10 07:50 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
So far I think I'm the only one neither gushing over the use of the technology and the style of music nor criticizing it. I just gave my opinion of the abilities of the singer and the sax player. I don't think anything else is valid. You are all arguing about nothing, it's pathetic to read silly enthusiasms and equally silly naysaying. Therefore i am (so far) king of this thread. It's good to be the king.

------------------
Miami Mo

#288711 - 06/04/10 07:58 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
captain Russ Offline

All hail his majesty, MO!

R.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online