SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#288691 - 06/03/10 09:11 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Another turn off was their appearance.....what happened to dressing nice to perform? or does that matter anymore either?

But who would I pay to see perform, Diana Krall or Alicia Keys in jeans or Ashley Simpson dressed to the 'nines'?

chas

#288692 - 06/03/10 09:18 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Did you notice that the guitar player on the second clip used a capo on the acoustic and no capo on the Godin electric?

That speaks to the other post today on the proper use of a capo. The guy's a really good player. On the Martin (I think it's a Martin), he's playing full bodied basic chords using strong traditional structures needing those strong open notes to play in the key right for his vocals. On the Godin, he played his lead lines, and,if that were the only instrument he played on this tune, he would probably have used power chords, higher on the neck, voiced for the electric instrument.

Played without the louper with a band, there probably would have been both an electric player (no capo) and an acoustic player (using a capo).

This observation is mainly for Tom.

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 06-03-2010).]

#288693 - 06/03/10 09:21 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Chas, I vote for Diana's voice and Alicia's A**. Don't really care what "she" would wear...hopefully, as little as possible.
(Sorry, Elvis).

Russ (dirty old man) Lay

PS: Alecia's pregnant and I don't know a damn thing about it, Dammit!

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 06-03-2010).]

#288694 - 06/03/10 09:24 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
Dnj Offline

Using SEX as a camouflage verses good music talent on stage is no excuse to look like a dirty drug head. Society has let this happen by relaxing dress codes in every walk of life, kinda funny to see wall street people in ties & suits walking down 5th ave next to ankle crotched underwear exposed style mavens, makes you wonder whats going on?

#288695 - 06/03/10 09:28 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Tony,

perhaps you should be more patient in general
you only watched 3 minutes of it?
as i said it gets better as it goes on

are you that patient with your AUDYA too? :-)

did you spend more than 3 minutes trying to figure it out? ;-)

OK , hell Leezone I promise I will watch it tonight I will turn the sound off for the first three minutes and then back up again for the next 6.

If James liked it, it must be good, but what of Mr Diki, is this his bag, he’s gone quiet. Perhaps shouldn't wake the Fire Dragon, maybe the Boom Boom will.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#288696 - 06/03/10 09:30 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
3 minutes?....I lasted 10 seconds!!

There you go guys , Dnj must be bloody old and not yet deaf, it was the base sound that got me and you never lose your base hearing.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#288697 - 06/03/10 09:38 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:

Hummmm Dnj, not certain if that’s any better than Boom Boom, I think we need a second opinion if Mr. Diki's up and about! If he could give us his candid and unbiased feelings on the matter in hand, I would be more settle in my own mind then, he is after all a good yardstick by which to go by, go by!

#288698 - 06/03/10 10:18 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
cgiles Offline

Tony, stop picking on Diki. You know he's fragile.

chas

PS: If I were you, I'd put some protective covering over my jugular vein.

#288699 - 06/03/10 10:30 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Using SEX as a camouflage verses good music talent on stage is no excuse to look like a dirty drug head.

Sheeesh! What are you, some kind of 8 yr. old televangelist? Also, you need to recognize when someone is saying something tongue-in-cheek.
Even if your statement above were reconstructed so that it made some kind of sense, it would still sound like a line from Ozzie and Harriet. If you're going to try to sound like the moral authority around here, then you need to start by 'walking the walk'. JMO, of course.

chas

#288700 - 06/03/10 10:44 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
If you're going to try to sound like the moral authority around here,
chas

WHAT???? and put Diki out of a Job?No way Jose!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online