SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#288501 - 06/10/10 03:57 PM Re: Yamaha NP-V80 - 76 key arranger! (almost)
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
The market is there.

We've been through this discussion before, about 76 keys and if the market is there or not.

You have no conclusive evidence to say it is, and Yamaha's arranger marketing surveys say it isn't.

You could try:

1)Gathering up concrete evidence that supports your theory and sending it to Yamaha.

2)You could try protesting in front of Yamaha's head office, but don't wear your Roland T-shirt...

Quote:
This is simply one more example of Yamaha short-changing their customers. Want a 76? Too bad, sucka! All we got are sh*tty ones!

Witness the G-70/E-60...this is simply one more example of Roland short-changing their customers.

Want a 76? Too bad, sucka!

All we got are sh*tty ones...oh wait...all we have is nothing.

Gee, now that REALLY sucks!.

Seriously, Diki, I certainly appreciate your campaign to try establish a 76 note pro arranger in Yamaha's line-up, and maybe someday they will make one, but I can't see it in the near future.

But, don't give up trying.

Ian

#288502 - 06/10/10 10:14 PM Re: Yamaha NP-V80 - 76 key arranger! (almost)
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
No such thing as a 'pro' arranger, Ian. The S910 certainly isn't one (by your own admission). All we want is a 76 version of the 'home' arrangers that are already popular.

Yamaha's market research has shown that there IS a market for many different types of 76 note arrangers (whether Yamaha want to call them that or not). And Yamaha's market research has shown that there is a market for a mid priced arranger with sophisticated sounds and OS (even though it is aimed squarely at the home market). But mysteriously, Yamaha think that these two markets are TOTALLY independent of each other. No-one that wants a sophisticated mid level arranger would EVER want a 76, and no-one that wants a 76 arranger would ever want a sophisticated one.

And if THAT doesn't strike you as absurd, I don't know what will...

#288503 - 06/11/10 12:36 AM Re: Yamaha NP-V80 - 76 key arranger! (almost)
Spalding 4 Offline

Loc: UK
no diki ! There simply arent enough of them to combine to make more profit than if the markets remain Sseparated !!!! Surely we dont need to go over this again and again. Just let it go......

#288504 - 06/11/10 12:54 AM Re: Yamaha NP-V80 - 76 key arranger! (almost)
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:

All we want is a 76 version of the 'home' arrangers that are already popular.

I do hope you get your wish, Diki, but chances are slim, as Yamaha's marketing research doesn't agree with you.

The NP-V80 was made to compete with the lower end products like Casio's piano based arrangers...the DGX-series has been doing this already for some time.

Korg is the only one of the Big Three making a high end 76'er...Mediastation, and Audya are no competition, Roland is gone, and Casio is only doing entry level...the higher end market is so small, that Yamaha is not going to build a 76 note arranger for a few measly sales.

Since you are so sure, why not send Yamaha some hard evidence that the market for a 76 note high end arranger is lucrative?

That's your best bet.

Ian

#288505 - 06/11/10 01:19 AM Re: Yamaha NP-V80 - 76 key arranger! (almost)
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Spalding 4:
no diki ! There simply arent enough of them to combine to make more profit than if the markets remain Sseparated !!!! Surely we dont need to go over this again and again. Just let it go......

Spalding, my friend, we know how dogged Diki is when it comes to trying to win a debate.

Thing is, this is not a debate...we both know the companies in question make it their business to recognize what's best for maximum profit, and that is the name of the game.

The relatively small (more like tiny) 76-note high end arranger market, isn't worth splitting with Korg...why would Yamaha make a dedicated 76'er for a portion of those sales?

It just doesn't make sense.

Ketron's Audya and Lionstracs' Mediastation aren't any indication of a demand for a 76 note arranger, the latter isn't even a good one, and the former is certainly not selling in droves...heck, it's still not totally finished yet.

We've been over this ad nauseum on several other threads, with no concrete evidence put forward to show the market is doable, and none of us are professional marketing strategists either...just armchair speculators.

The only thing that will make Diki let go, is if Yamaha makes a 76 note higher end arranger, or perhaps, if Roland returns to that segment of the market.

Evidence, so far, is to the contrary on both matters.

Ian

#288506 - 06/11/10 03:36 AM Re: Yamaha NP-V80 - 76 key arranger! (almost)
to the genesys Offline

But one think we are always forgetting is that if Yamaha does not make 76 key arrangers, and Korg, Roland, MS and Audya does, can we really say that there is no market?

If the PSR S910 was only made as a 76 key and was compact and not heavy, does any reasonable person really think that sales would not be the same?

If Korg, Roland, MS and Ketron are making 76 key arrangers, why not Yamaha?

O and if you are going to say “look at the sales for those keyboards” is it because they are 76 key arrangers?

The fact is there is evidence to the contrary that there is no market for a 76 key arranger with Ketron, Korg, Roland and MS making them.
If Yamaha just ask people if they want a 76 key arranger, the answer would probably be know. Because most people associate 76 keys with being big and heavy.
Now if you ask if a keyboard with sounds and styles like the PSR S910 had 76 keys, was around 30LBS, and was one or two inches more than the S910, and there was no 61 key option, would that prevent people from buying it.
Research is all in the way you ask the question.

#288507 - 06/11/10 04:27 AM Re: Yamaha NP-V80 - 76 key arranger! (almost)
Dnj Offline

Where are the video demos for this keyboard?

#288508 - 06/11/10 07:10 AM Re: Yamaha NP-V80 - 76 key arranger! (almost)
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
If Korg, Roland, MS and Ketron are making 76 key arrangers, why not Yamaha?

Research is all in the way you ask the question.

Research is not only the way you ask the questions, but also how you interpret the answers.

However Yamaha conducts their marketing and business practices, is solely their idea of how things should be done which will give the company the most profit...not your idea, or mine.

I'm merely stating what Yamaha are doing...I did not do the market research, but I was informed of the results.

For all purposes, it appears, that Yamaha is doing very well in arranger sales...why should they change what works, to gamble on something that their marketing department says is a segment with a small demand?

If you have actual evidence, done by your research and by your pertinent questions and your interpretations of the answers, that Yamaha would make substantial profits by making 76-note high end arrangers, why not bring it to their attention?

BTW, Roland no longer makes 76 note arrangers...they only make 61 note instruments.

Ian

#288509 - 06/11/10 07:57 AM Re: Yamaha NP-V80 - 76 key arranger! (almost)
Dnj Offline

#288510 - 06/11/10 08:20 AM Re: Yamaha NP-V80 - 76 key arranger! (almost)
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Which keyboard, Donny...the NP-V80?

I don't see any, but perhaps they'll have them up shortly...it says on Keyboard Magazine that they begin shipping in the summer of 2010...I have one ordered for my sample account, but I probably won't see it till just after the summer.

Ian

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online