SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#288461 - 06/01/10 07:05 PM Re: Yamaha NP-V80 - 76 key arranger! (almost)
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Finding the reasons why Yamaha does not make 76 note TOTL and MOTL arrangers, would be just as likely as learning the reasons behind why Roland stopped making the 76-note G-70 and E-60 arrangers, but still stayed with 61 notes for the new Prelude/GW-8.

Only those inside the companies know those answers and reasons, and anything else would be mostly speculation.

Ian

#288462 - 06/01/10 07:13 PM Re: Yamaha NP-V80 - 76 key arranger! (almost)
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Finding the reasons why Yamaha does not make 76 note TOTL and MOTL arrangers, would be just as likely as learning the reasons behind why Roland stopped making the 76-note G-70 and E-60 arrangers, but still stayed with 61 notes for the new Prelude/GW-8.

Only those inside the companies know those answers and reasons, and anything else would be mostly speculation.

Ian

Come on Ian..it is common sense..The Prelude and GW-8 are low to mid priced instruments...the whole market is dictated by price...and I will give you a hint...Naa never mind..

Roland has been developing another 76 "G" type arranger.....you can mark my words and call me out if it doesn't materialize..

I have more sources then you do in this matter... ...and I know the reason for the delay production.. ...and it ain't because them folks are broke..

#288463 - 06/01/10 07:36 PM Re: Yamaha NP-V80 - 76 key arranger! (almost)
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I have more sources then you do in this matter... ...and I know the reason for the delay production.. ...and it ain't because them folks are broke..

That could be true Fran...I do know the Roland clinician quite well, as I used to work with him, but, of course, if anything's on the way or not, he ain't going to tell me, and, if he did, I certainly wouldn't break confidence and put it on a public forum.

I felt bad to see Roland stop making TOTL arrangers, as competition always improves the breed, and we, the consumers, always benefit.

Ian

#288464 - 06/02/10 12:56 AM Re: Yamaha NP-V80 - 76 key arranger! (almost)
Spalding 4 Offline

Loc: UK
Are we going to discuss why there are very few 76 note arrangers again ??????

havent we danced this dance like 20 million times already !!!

#288465 - 06/02/10 02:12 AM Re: Yamaha NP-V80 - 76 key arranger! (almost)
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Spalding 4:
Are we going to discuss why there are very few 76 note arrangers again ??????

havent we danced this dance like 20 million times already !!!

You know what Spalding? You're right!

This is ending up to be another "round and round she goes" discussion that we've pretty well worn out.

Ian

#288466 - 06/02/10 07:50 AM Re: Yamaha NP-V80 - 76 key arranger! (almost)
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
The more ya dance, the better ya dance...let's hear it for 76 keys!

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#288467 - 06/02/10 08:10 AM Re: Yamaha NP-V80 - 76 key arranger! (almost)
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
maybe a song would help the cause?

76-key boards led the big parade, with 110
great styles close behind, da da da da da......

------------------
Miami Mo

#288468 - 06/02/10 10:08 AM Re: Yamaha NP-V80 - 76 key arranger! (almost)
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Here we go again.

Yes, Yamaha does make 76 key arrangers. The only problem being is they are all low to mid range models and even mid range is a stretch of the imagination in my opinion. Now if there was a 76 key S-930 or whatever then calling it a mid range board would be on the mark but not a DGX, etc.

I want to remind forum members that our illustrious Steve Deming of Yamaha U.S. stated several months ago that he hoped Yamaha would indeed come through with a 76 key top of the line arranger because most assuredly Steve realizes that roughly half of all arranger players actually prefer 76 or more keys. Steve's words gave me a glimmer of hope that Yamaha was indeed pondering the possibility of introducing a hallmark top of the line 76 key Professional Workstation Arranger that would compete with their competition from Korg, Roland, and indeed from Ketron as well.

FWIW, Yamaha is number one in sales of not only arrangers in general but of traditional workstations and even acoustic pianos and as such puts them at the top as king of the hill so to speak. Which means they may or may not find it necessary to once again delve into the 76 key totl arranger arena even if their competition offers them, because Yamaha's overall marketshare makes them more flexible on choosing whether to gamble on a particular segment or not. That said, I hope Yamaha does indeed choose to enter the 76 key totl arranger arena once again. Not necessarily from the standpoint of gambling on a possible arranger winner amongst the competition but from the standpoint that thousands of arranger users who prefer Yamaha products, and even those outside the Yamaha brand, also prefer 76 keys or better if they had the choice. In other words, that Yamaha would see the need and would be willing to fulfill that need for their customers as well as potential customers worldwide, as an act of gracious kindness by Yamaha to roughly half of all arranger players who prefer 76 keys or better. We'll see... in about a year and a half i.e. November 2011 or thereabouts. I won't hold my breath but I'm still hoping for the best.

All the best,
Mike

#288469 - 06/02/10 10:31 AM Re: Yamaha NP-V80 - 76 key arranger! (almost)
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
76-key boards led the big parade
With 110 great styles close at hand
They were followed by rows and rows of the finest virtuosos;
the cream of every famous band.

76-key boards caught the morning sun
With a hundred and ten cornets right behind
There were more than a thousand reeds springing up like weeds,
There were horns of every shape and kind

There were copper bottom tympani in horse platoons
Thundering, thundering, all along the way
Double bell euphoniums and big bassoons
Each bassoon having his big fat say

There were fifty mounted cannon in the battery
Thundering, thundering, louder than before
Clarinets of every size and trumpeters who'd improvise
A full octave higher than the score

76-key boards hit the counter point
While a hundred and ten cornets played the air
To the rhythm of 'Harch Harch Harch!'
All the kids began to march
And they're marching still, right today

AND YOU STILL WANT TO PLAY ON 61????????????

------------------
Miami Mo

#288470 - 06/02/10 12:42 PM Re: Yamaha NP-V80 - 76 key arranger! (almost)
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
My preference.......122 keys and 20 pedals (Nord C1 + Roland PK7a pedalboard).

Anybody know which sells best in the Workstation market; 61 or 76/73 or 88? Talking about apples and apples....example M3-61 vs. M3-73, Fantom G6 vs. G7 vs. G8, etc.

chas

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online