SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#287764 - 05/18/10 11:20 AM my family and choir singing with the PA1X
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
here are just a few clips of my family and some of the members of my choir singing and generally having fun after church. I hope you you enjoy them as much as we enjoyed making them. It was recorded on my phone camera and as usual i didnt use any additional amplification. Everything you hear is coming from the keyboards inbuilt speakers and thevoices of these sweet kids
http://www.youtube.com/user/pointgaurd2000#p/a/u/0/72gsquN9jRE
http://www.youtube.com/user/pointgaurd2000#p/a/u/2/2vsWWlicoDc
http://www.youtube.com/user/pointgaurd2000#p/a/u/1/lubAqrhzzxo

#287765 - 05/18/10 11:37 AM Re: my family and choir singing with the PA1X
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
That is some great stuff spalding... love it ... is that your family in the third vid?
thnx for sharing,
t.

#287766 - 05/18/10 11:55 AM Re: my family and choir singing with the PA1X
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Ah...music from the heart - I love it. I wish my choir was as energetic as yours. Of course, my choir is older and more "German" here in Pennsylvania - if you know what I mean.

Keep singin' for the Lord!

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#287767 - 05/18/10 12:29 PM Re: my family and choir singing with the PA1X
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Spalding, you're the luckiest guy alive.....and so are those kids. I really, really envy you. You are giving those kids a gift that will never, ever, leave them. They will always remember these times fondly. When I look at those videos and see the feeling (soul?), the rhythm, the natural synchopation, I always wonder if it's aquired or just inborn. I know (believe me) how dangerous it is to suggest that it's inborn, which is how stereotypes are born (and fed). For instance, I have it (soul) but my kids don't (I assume they're mine ). They grew up in an environment where the dominant music was Rock and their taste ran to groups like Journey, Joan Jett, etc., regardless to what I played (live and radio) in the house. The influence of school friends is powerful at that age. Not being a religious family (although lifelong Unitarian/Universalist) they also never had the 'church' experience, especially the Gospel-type churches. Of course my only regret there, is their missing out on the music, which I've always felt was one of the most powerful things in Black culture. My kids don't even like Jazz (maybe they just don't like ME).

Anyhow, if you need an organist, just send a two-way ticket, and I'll pack up the old Nord C1 and be on the next plane .

Great Vids. Keep it up.

chas

#287768 - 05/18/10 03:10 PM Re: my family and choir singing with the PA1X
spalding1968 Offline

yes thanks folks. That was my family in the 3rd video. We used to sing a lot together when we were younger but when we all got married (not to each other ha ha ) and had children etc we kind of let it slip by but every now and then when the mood takes us we gather around the PA1X and sing and whoever wants to join in can. Its a lot of fun and keeps us all close.

#287769 - 05/18/10 03:55 PM Re: my family and choir singing with the PA1X
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Those are all "feel good" videos, Spalding....very nice.

Thanks,

Ian

#287770 - 05/18/10 05:18 PM Re: my family and choir singing with the PA1X
Dnj Offline

Spalding really wonderful. Thanx for sharing.

#287771 - 05/18/10 07:26 PM Re: my family and choir singing with the PA1X
zuki Offline

Now that's what I call a bond. Thanks for sharing.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#287772 - 05/19/10 08:01 AM Re: my family and choir singing with the PA1X
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Good stuff...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#287773 - 05/19/10 08:13 AM Re: my family and choir singing with the PA1X
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
That really tugs at a persons heart! And this comes from someone not particularly impressed with some religious musical activities/music from a sincerity standpoint.

Absolutely no question about it here. What a great family!

Russ

PS: Chas, that was a brave, risky but worthwhile post. You could adopt me, "Old Man"!

Russ (Chas Jr.) Lay

#287774 - 05/19/10 08:50 AM Re: my family and choir singing with the PA1X
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
You could adopt me, "Old Man"!

Russ (Chas Jr.) Lay

Russ, depends. Do you come with all your warehouse 'goodies'? If yes, then tell Logan to ship all the goodies here, and I'll be by to pick you up.........uh, soon.

chas

#287775 - 05/19/10 09:46 AM Re: my family and choir singing with the PA1X
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
AW , DADDY!

Junior

#287776 - 05/19/10 04:04 PM Re: my family and choir singing with the PA1X
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Spalding, God Bless You! This was (you are)awesome.

I was impressed with the musicality, but even more by the spirituality! There is a hope for the world when you see young people participating and praising like that!

Jesus is inspiring these children through you! What an honor.

Thanks for sharing

Graham

#287777 - 05/20/10 02:32 AM Re: my family and choir singing with the PA1X
Spalding 4 Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Graham and everyone. Thanks for the words of encouragement. This is why I love my Korg PA1X. I can sit down pretty much anywhere, plug in and play because of the inbuilt speakers and get a full meaty sound instantly for most rooms . That means literally as we are inspired to play and sing I can select an appropriate style and away we go. And if other musicians want to come in and play they can when they are ready and I can drop out instruments as and when from the arrangement. so if a guitarist comes along, I drop out the arranger guitar, if a bass player comes along I drop out the bass, when my brother comes along with his Motif XS, if he cant be bothered to lug his amp around. he plugs in directly to my keyboard and uses my speakers at the same time that I use them. It’s brilliant.

I will be leading out in worship in song with my sisters in a couple of weeks and if I can record it I will. And the choir have a couple of dates toward the end of June so will try and record those too.

It’s always nice to see what people are actually doing with these amazing instruments rather than endless discussions about what the instruments potentially, technically might possibly be able to do but no one ever does !

I hope we can find some way back to making the forum more about the music. Thanks for all the positive comments. I will try and post some more clips up when I have time.

Cheers

Worth

#287778 - 05/22/10 07:06 AM Re: my family and choir singing with the PA1X
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA
GREAT STUFF!! God Bless You!

------------------
http://ygchurch.com/

http://arlingtonadventist.com/yglive.html

#287779 - 05/22/10 08:31 PM Re: my family and choir singing with the PA1X
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
the first two were removed re: Young Hope Choir - "You Are My Everything" (Rehearsal)"
You must be logged in to view this video.
The following content has been identified by the YouTube community as being potentially offensive or inappropriate. Viewer discretion is advised. Please confirm that you wish to view this video.
This video or group may contain content that is inappropriate for some users, as flagged by YouTube's user community. Please confirm that you wish to view this video.
This video is unavailable.
This featured video is available for rental by clicking here.
This video has been removed by the user.

Maybe you need to do something about this.
the third one was there but would only play about 30 seconds for me then locked up.
Bebop

#287780 - 05/22/10 09:52 PM Re: my family and choir singing with the PA1X
spalding1968 Offline

I only obtained permission to put them up there for a week. so they are now removed. Sorry if you missed it :-)

Dont worry there was nothing offensive or inappropriate about the clips ha ha !!! :-)

[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 05-22-2010).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online