SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#287732 - 05/23/10 10:29 AM Re: Music played on the groove X7
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

In fairness, Bill, you don't even HAVE an MS, and many of its' shortcomings don't affect the Wersi's, who have integrated style player and VSTi to a greater degree than Lionstracs. Primarily, my remarks have pretty much all been addressed at the MS and it's fans, who still have this habit of completely ignoring or deriding ANY comment bringing a degree of reality back into their rose tinted view.

Seems the fact about the Wersi that you love is that it is less open, more closed. And so it could take less time to set up at the cost of a lot of the freedom of a true open system. which is an okay opinion.

Lionstracs takes (maybe)more time to setup, but i really doubt it. Seems to me like for people with a keen eye on Information technology the menus in the Lionstracs are more naturally then the menu structure in the wersi. And on top of that :
- WErsi can only load 5 VSt's
- You can't run any 3rd party apps on the wersi like Ableton live or Cubase
- A Wersi is atleast 2 times as expensive as a mediastation

And many many more disadvantages expleined all over the forum...

But Wersi is still a great instrument, and probably the best sounding organs on the planet. I allways tought it a sad thing that Wersi is currently not producing any organs anymore but only the "wing" which is a very much dumbed down OAS system.

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 05-23-2010).]

http://keyszone.boards.net

#287733 - 05/23/10 12:51 PM Re: Music played on the groove X7
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:

You don't have that issue, Wersi having spent quite a lot of money to make sure that Yamaha Mega-voice styles DO work well, without needing tedious translation and editing.

And how many Yamaha Mega voice styles do you actually use?

I can tell you it takes about 20 minutes to get a reasonable result from a Roland style.

Ketron Styles play perfectly from the get go.

Takes about 3 minutes for each VST to set up.

A dozen or so combis (my main choice of "weapon" for a gig) about 30 minutes.

And of course once these are setup there is no more work needed.

Other than to load a resource, record teh snapshot to a performance bank and thats about it.

#287734 - 05/23/10 05:44 PM Re: Music played on the groove X7
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Lionstracs takes (maybe)more time to setup, but i really doubt it. Seems to me like for people with a keen eye on Information technology the menus in the Lionstracs are more naturally then the menu structure in the wersi. And on top of that :
- WErsi can only load 5 VSt's
- You can't run any 3rd party apps on the wersi like Ableton live or Cubase
- A Wersi is atleast 2 times as expensive as a mediastation

And many many more disadvantages expleined all over the forum...

But Wersi is still a great instrument, and probably the best sounding organs on the planet. I allways tought it a sad thing that Wersi is currently not producing any organs anymore but only the "wing" which is a very much dumbed down OAS system.

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 05-23-2010).]

You seem to be a wealth of misinformation. Wersi can play more than 5 VST's at once but I can't imagine why you would want to do that. You don't have to use Wersi's built in VST host for loading instruments, that's just one way of going about it. The better VST's seriously tax the CPU and you wouldn't be able to run 5 or more without serious issues on any open ended system or computer. Running multiple VST's is not for the faint of heart and rest assured you will run into trouble by doing so be it on an open ended keyboard or a PC computer.

Cubase was the standard sequencer software and VST host for many years on the Wersi but that changed in OAS 7. You can still use Cubase if you want, you simply have to load it onto the drive and run it like you would on any other PC. As long as the VST is PC compatible and your system has enough CPU power, you can run the VST.

Wersi a.k.a Music Store is currently working with another company to market the entire OAS line although it appears Music Store will be marketing the Pegasus Wing at this time. As far as I am aware all OAS systems and software will still be produced and upgraded. I have no reason to believe otherwise until Music Store says so.

#287735 - 05/23/10 06:41 PM Re: Music played on the groove X7
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by Ensnareyou:
Running multiple VST's is not for the faint of heart and rest assured you will run into trouble by doing so be it on an open ended keyboard or a PC computer.

Deppends what you define Multiple as...5 or 75? Yes, i said 75...i've been up the 60 number on
a PC...smooth...sometimes do it on a daily basis. When you look at 15-16 tracks, 2-3 inserts each,
some Sends, some Masters...it adds up. Trust me, YOU WONT RUN INTO PROBLEMS!
Of course on a True working PC, not a 1999 4MB RAM computer.

#287736 - 05/23/10 09:29 PM Re: Music played on the groove X7
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You talking VST's or VSTi's, Nedim..? I've never seen anything capable of running 75 VSTi's, yet...

Roland don't HAVE a Mega-voice technology, Dennis... to be honest, were I to want to use an open arranger, being able to at LEAST match the technology of closed arrangers would be a must... Hence, Mega voice guitars, which are, to be blunt, pretty close to state of the art for MIDI based arrangers, would be a very high priority.

#287737 - 05/23/10 10:25 PM Re: Music played on the groove X7
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
I have to agree with DIKI. I've never seen 75 VST's or VSTi's run at once nor have I met anyone willing to attempt such a futile feat. Omnisphere alone would heavily tax most any system. I'd love to see you run Omnisphere, East West Symphonic Gold, The Grand, Kontakt, GIGA, PT HD3, UA Audio Compressors, and a few high end FX and Mastering plug ins all at once without a problem. Load a YouTube video of you running all these and more at once without a glitch, I'd like to see it.

#287738 - 05/24/10 12:22 AM Re: Music played on the groove X7
Bachus Offline

Quote:
You talking VST's or VSTi's, Nedim..? I've never seen anything capable of running 75 VSTi's, yet...

R

Every VSTi is also a VST
VST's are either a VSTi or a VSTfx or a combination of both.

There are some VSTfx that take more resources then most VSTi's so i really think its very much important which VSTís he is running and how he is using them.

Also keep in mind that you can not compare Nedim's hardware to the hardware contained in most Wersi Instruments. Many of the better DAT's have two or more quadcore processors and 32 gigs or more of RAM. And with the right networking solution you can even build a cluster of multiple of these computers ballancing the load.

So i guess where ensnare you could be using 5 top VST'is (WErsi does not support VSTfx to my knowledge) which are pretty hard on the Wersi hardware (this is why older versions of Wersi OAS7 only allowed 5 VSTi's max, don't know about the current software version, but i do know there where some tricks available to load more then 5 VSTis at a time)only use a small part of NEDIM's DAW.

Try not to compare apples with carrots.

I guess the GRoove X7 hardware currently would be somewhere in the middle between most Wersi hardware and the top of the line DAW hardware.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#287739 - 05/24/10 09:03 AM Re: Music played on the groove X7
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Diki, VST's or VSTi's makes no difference, it is the same thing, exact same thing, one is an
effect and one is an instrument...and please, if you really know something about it dont tell
me there is a difference since THERE IS NOT!!! Dont tell me one uses more CPU then the
other becuse you know ITS NOT TRUE...as in my case i have Reverb Plugs which use 3
times more power then Albino Blue which falls into the hungriest. Having 10 or 50 VST's
makes no difference if they are FX or Instruments, all of them use CPU, some more some
less and yes Diki, i can probably open even 75, never tried but i usually open 16 instances
of Kontakt/Collossus/Goliath and then other Instruments too and also each of them few
Inserts plus some Sends and Masters...e tc...come on, you know it ca be done.
System configurations???:
MacPro G5, Two by 2.66GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 16 GB RAM.
I used to open almost the same things with Dual 2.7GHZ PPC G5 with only 4GB RAM.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 05-24-2010).]

#287740 - 05/24/10 12:44 PM Re: Music played on the groove X7
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
My 2 cents....

I release v1.0 of LSCP Gen on the 19th of this month and by the 24th I had v1.12 out and it supporting VSTi's as well as many other features.

Point being... when you direct your attention to things worth while all sorts of new doors open. So my advice is don't get bogged down talking with Diki and do something else. You won't get your point across to him, so why even try. As the saying goes, don't feed the troll.

Regards
James

#287741 - 05/24/10 03:27 PM Re: Music played on the groove X7
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
My 2 cents....

I release v1.0 of LSCP Gen on the 19th of this month and by the 24th I had v1.12 out and it supporting VSTi's as well as many other features.

Point being... when you direct your attention to things worth while all sorts of new doors open. So my advice is don't get bogged down talking with Diki and do something else. You won't get your point across to him, so why even try. As the saying goes, don't feed the troll.

Regards
James

A totally unnecessary post. I don't think that kind of advice is needed or wanted on SZ. In this case, Diki hadn't even addressed you, so why disparage him? You know what they say, if you don't have anything nice to say about someone, then just button it.

chas

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online