SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#287559 - 05/15/10 05:55 PM more audya problems
Brian3331 Offline

Loc: Letterkenny Ireland
just back from a gig and had a nightmare with my audya the right hand of it keep droping in volume i thought it was a faulty lead but then i noticed the left hand was fine i am so feed up its just one thing aster another can any one help as i have a gig tomorrow night btw it did every few minutes

#287560 - 05/15/10 06:26 PM Re: more audya problems
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Brian,

I don't know much about the Audya. Have you loaded the latest operating system into the keyboard? Also, there must be a way of doing a master reset or factory reset that could solve some of your problems.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#287561 - 05/15/10 06:59 PM Re: more audya problems
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Are you using a volume pedal? If so, it may be faulty.
Do you have the sustain pedal plugged in the volume pedal input by accident?
Are you using registrations where you might have saved various right hand volume settings or with the Right Boost on or off?
Let us know exactly what you were doing when it happened and it will be easier to help.
DonM

#287562 - 05/16/10 04:02 AM Re: more audya problems
Dnj Offline

Does this happen in your house also?
this could hae been an amperage power drain problem at the gig?

BTW what are the other probelms you've been having?...perspective buyers want to know?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-16-2010).]

#287563 - 05/16/10 04:17 AM Re: more audya problems
Brian3331 Offline

No I don't use registrations or any pedals. I have 4.0 os installed it also happened last sunday night but not as bad as last night it seems to happen when I am ueing my right hand on the audya i have a tyros3 on the bottom.

#287564 - 05/16/10 05:44 AM Re: more audya problems
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Brian,

I have an Audya and have experienced several problems also.

From what I understand, there was a batch of bad Sound Boards installed in many of the first Audya's. I contacted my dealer and was sent a new one and replaced it myself.

I never had the volume going down on the right hand problem. I did have left channel audio out problems. I sometimes had to restart the keyboard several times to have both channels work properly.

The new Sound Board unfortunately only reduced the number of occurrence's so apparently their are other issues involved.

I tried reinstalling the 4.0a OS which didn't seem to help.

Please post here the other symptoms you are experiencing with your Audya.

Tony on this forum has been a big help in trying to help me correct some of my glitches in the machine.

Unfortunately the OS seems to be VERY BUGGY and there are many issues that we Audya owners must get corrected.

Like yourself, I play BOTH the Audya and Tyros 3 professionally. If the Audya acts up, I just jump on the Tyros. Unfortunately not all keyboard players have that luxury!

It's really a shame to invest $5,000 into a keyboard and have the ongoing problems most of us are experiencing!

Maybe with the help and suggestions of other members here we can all put our heads together and come up with some solutions.

I'm sure like myself, most of us overall really love the audya but the problems with it, I Know, can be very frustrating to say the least! Especially when your playing in front of 300 people!

Come on " AJ " time to come out of your hiding spot and post some ADVICE here!

WE NEED SOME HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

#287565 - 05/16/10 09:40 AM Re: more audya problems
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian3331:
just back from a gig and had a nightmare with my audya the right hand of it keep droping in volume i thought it was a faulty lead but then i noticed the left hand was fine i am so feed up its just one thing aster another can any one help as i have a gig tomorrow night btw it did every few minutes

Brian,

Bring your thread over onto SZ Ketron, I am starting to cut and paste all these faults now direct to Ketron, there are others with problems. We need numbers now and Ketron need to get their act together once and for all, people with problems need spares parts fast tracking regardless of from whom they got the KB, and if there are common faults Ketron need to know, you have my email Brian.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#287566 - 05/16/10 10:37 AM Re: more audya problems
Brian3331 Offline

Hi tony i don't know how to move it over

#287567 - 05/16/10 11:00 AM Re: more audya problems
skude Offline

Hi
I still have problems with "count in" dropping out, also vocalizer and somtimes output sound, drops out. My Audya is 10 months old, problems been there all the time.Changed the soundboard once, took 4 months to get it, didn't help much. Now I'm waiting for another new soundboard. I hope that this will solve my problems, I just can say I'm getting very tired of this. There must be something wrong with production of these soundboards, that is if the problem is the soundboard, not so sure anymore.
skude

#287568 - 05/16/10 11:11 AM Re: more audya problems
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian3331:
Hi tony i don't know how to move it over

Nigel will fix that when he see this tread and posts.

Maybe some other Ketron treads should be moved over as well?

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#287569 - 05/16/10 07:44 PM Re: more audya problems
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Skude:

I'm having the exact same problems with my Audya. I replaced the Sound Board also but still have the same problems. With mine it's the Left Channel audio out and the volume/sensitivity with the Harmonizer.

I cant believe we would both have TWO faulty Sound Boards. The problem must be elsewhere. Where though? Thats the question!

Please keep me posted after you replace the Sound Board again. I would like to know if your THIRD sound card corrects the problems.
I'll bet it doesn't.
It is a very frustrating problem! I know!

Jim R.

#287570 - 05/18/10 12:53 AM Re: more audya problems
skude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NiteLife:
Skude:

I'm having the exact same problems with my Audya. I replaced the Sound Board also but still have the same problems. With mine it's the Left Channel audio out and the volume/sensitivity with the Harmonizer.

I cant believe we would both have TWO faulty Sound Boards. The problem must be elsewhere. Where though? Thats the question!

Please keep me posted after you replace the Sound Board again. I would like to know if your THIRD sound card corrects the problems.
I'll bet it doesn't.
It is a very frustrating problem! I know!

Jim R.

Nitelife
I will let you know when I get the new SB. They told me it was shipped to me yesterday. As I said it took about 4 months to get the first one, using the slow boat from Italy. Now it's 1 month since AJ said it's probably a bad IC on the board. It will take another week to get here.It's really hard to believe that we both have new faulty soundboards, we'll see what happens. On my next gig I will be back on my Korg. I don't like to do it, I like the sound of the Audya much better, but I cannot take the stress not knowing what will happen during the gig. I will start working on my Korg later today. I have all my new stuff in the Audya. I still hope the Audya will be ok by the end of the month, but even me, always beeing optimistic, is not so sure anymore. 10 months with the Audya an still having all this fun
skude

#287571 - 05/18/10 07:42 AM Re: more audya problems
leezone Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by skude:
On my next gig I will be back on my Korg. I don't like to do it, I like the sound of the Audya much better,

Skude,

The AUDYA has spoiled you hasn't it ???

#287572 - 05/18/10 12:35 PM Re: more audya problems
skude Offline

leezone
Yes it has, but that dosen't help much, make it even worse. Just got home, been out playing, the Korg this time. And that's what I'm doing on my next gig. Just hope the next Audya SB will fix the problems. If not, than what??
skude

#287573 - 05/18/10 12:57 PM Re: more audya problems
leezone Offline

skude, sorry about problems

but now after using Korg,
what are your thoughts?
big difference?
were you thinking "man this song would sound much better on Audya", etc.

just trying to get some REAL user opinions, as oppsed to those that say AUDYA's not so good when they never heard or used it live

thanks a bunch...

#287574 - 05/18/10 01:04 PM Re: more audya problems
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Why can't you insist that Ketron FLY the part to you? Can't weigh more than a few ounces...

We'd all be VERY interested in hearing how quickly this one gets to you. While NO arranger is completely problem free, the time taken to turnaround a service issue, especially in an arranger FAR too expensive to afford a backup is CRITICAL...

#287575 - 05/18/10 02:04 PM Re: more audya problems
leezone Offline

maybe it's something simple like replacing "HD" with new OS4

wait that's not so simple :-)
you have to remove about 48 screws :-)

and then wait for the OS to release...

#287576 - 05/18/10 11:52 PM Re: more audya problems
skude Offline

leezone
I never complained about the way the Korg sounds, it's done a great job, but for me the Audya sounds better. That's the reason I still hang on to this KB. If it wasn't for the live styles I love, I would be gone even though I would loose lots of money. It's very easy to replace the SB and HD. I have tried a full working HD from another Audya, it worked fine for a while than the problem was back.
Diki
I have asked a contact person at the Ketron factory to send parts directly to me, I also think AJ wanted that. But for some reason they hang on to that "slow boat"
We'll see, really hope the new SB will make things right, if not, off to the doctor to get more medication.
skude

#287577 - 05/19/10 05:36 AM Re: more audya problems
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
maybe it's something simple like replacing "HD" with new OS4

wait that's not so simple :-)
you have to remove about 48 screws :-)

and then wait for the OS to release...

Leezone,

12 screws, leave the winding up to me, you can't count like AJ.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#287578 - 05/19/10 05:49 AM Re: more audya problems
leezone Offline

Tony

good one

it should be 4 screws with a small opening cover. For HD. You have backup. With you and swap easily if necessary.

Damn I'm wining again. That's your job.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online