SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#287508 - 05/14/10 09:34 AM Re: When is the AUDYA 61 key version coming out?
leezone Offline

Even if a new Roland comes out, it won't have that live, natural, authentic, in your face Ketron sound...

so when is my AUDYA4 coming out?

[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 05-14-2010).]

#287509 - 05/14/10 09:41 AM Re: When is the AUDYA 61 key version coming out?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Even if a new Roland comes out, it won't have that live, natural, authentic, in your face Ketron sound...
[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 05-14-2010).]

Hmmmmmmm? & how do you know that for sure?

#287510 - 05/14/10 10:15 AM Re: When is the AUDYA 61 key version coming out?
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:

To be honest, I think Roland G-70 is closer to the Ketron live feel than any other
brands I've heard so far.
That in mind, I would not doubt that Roland are capable to compete soundwise if they
ever come up with another top of the range arranger.
Besides of that, the OS is way more logical and understandable than Ketron, well at
least as it was before Audya who I've not tried so far.
But that's of course my 2 cents.

Also I tend to think that Korg will be on the sceene with new things before Roland
who I'm afraid (as Diki mention) won't bring up any new top arranger.
Remember they cut the style cooperation with MidiSpot, and they don't support with
any new styles etc at the www.rolandkeyboardclub.com anymore, just old stuff.

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#287511 - 05/14/10 10:32 AM Re: When is the AUDYA 61 key version coming out?
Dnj Offline

I would love KORG to overhaul their OS regarding the "folder system'...too many moves to get things done...it's a bit antiquated now since the PA80 days...
"LIVE sound that everyone is talking about means nothing because its still an arranger KB and NOT the Real thing. Whats we have today on most TOTL/MOTL units is more then adequate and with editing if needed top suit needs....navigation options, new features, being able to upgrade into the future is what needs to be done big time but this doesn't sell new KBs if you can just upgrade the old ones does it?. This next wave of whatever it will be should be very interesting peopel are tired of the same old, same old.

#287512 - 05/14/10 10:37 AM Re: When is the AUDYA 61 key version coming out?
leezone Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

"LIVE sound that everyone is talking about means nothing because its still an arranger KB and NOT the Real thing.

but the AUDYA is THE closest thing by a mile, IMO

#287513 - 05/14/10 11:24 AM Re: When is the AUDYA 61 key version coming out?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
For a start of, all those with secret 'in the know' friends have been predicting the imminent arrival of a new TOTL Roland for three or four years now... Me, I'd start (after they have let you down repeatedly) to doubt they know what they are talking about.

C'mon, guys! You can't seriously have forgotten that you said EXACTLY the same thing for the last two or three NAMM's, can you?

And, how short are all your memories? Roland have been selling arrangers (particularly the mid and upper level ones) through mom and pop piano stores from before the G70. Didn't help sales one TINY little bit, did it? IMO, it actually hurt, because mom and pop stores don't discount like MI stores (nor are they much interested in selling comparatively low margin items like arrangers compared to pianos), and are much harder to find.

To be honest, Roland in general, including WS's, are treading water. They haven't come out with anything you might call truly innovative for years. V-Piano might count, but it has yet to trickle down to anything affordable, and it is still just ONE sound. FantomG is just same old same old, I'm just wondering where the technology that is going to propel a new TOTL arranger to prominence is coming from? Only Yamaha so far has managed to come up with anything (SA) that started on an arranger and migrated the other way. Usually, you see new technologies on WS's and synths before they get ported (MUCH later) to arrangers.

Plus, let us be honest. Yes, there's a new engine and some new samples for the Prelude/GW-8. But there isn't anything remotely groundbreaking in its' OS or operation. Roland still eschew multipads, don't incorporate a sampler, refuse to implement a break/fill, have no DNC/SA, no Mega-voice similarities, dropped countless GOOD features without replacing them with better ones, etc., etc..

If this is the future of Roland, they are still mired in the past.

#287514 - 05/14/10 12:32 PM Re: When is the AUDYA 61 key version coming out?
leezone Offline

Diki,

so when are you buying your AUDYA?

#287515 - 05/14/10 01:02 PM Re: When is the AUDYA 61 key version coming out?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Diki,

so when are you buying your AUDYA?

#287516 - 05/14/10 02:04 PM Re: When is the AUDYA 61 key version coming out?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Who needs an Audya when they have a G70 (or two!)?

The live sound of the G70 easily rivals the Audya, with none of the audio loop drawbacks. Sure, the Latin styles aren't up to Ketron's standards, but that is only a very minor part of my musical needs.

When I hear something that is SIGNIFICANTLY better than my G70, I might develop a bit of gearlust, but so far, only incremental improvements in closed arrangers's sound, all at the cost of some of my most important features, or open arrangers at the cost of every spare minute I have for the next year or so!

Not much of a choice, is it?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online