SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#287327 - 05/11/10 10:24 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
James you have been more then helpful to me and many others here on the MS.

No problem at all. There's so many possibilities with lionstracs keyboards that the more people ask questions the better everyone will understand the entire concept.

Quote:
I am seriously contemplating a loaded 61 key version MS to add to my studio for many reasons.

Well keep doing your homework and asking lots of questions until you make up your mind either way. For me it's after making quite a big change to how I work. My V-Machine is gone, my AKAI-S5000 hasn't been switched on at all since getting the Mediastation, and I'm not even using my PC as much.

I get far more work done and I'm only working from two keyboards now for everything. The Mediastation and my OASYS.

Quote:
I have a few more things to ask you when I get a chance to really ponder it and write them down.

No problem. Fire away.

Cheers
James

#287328 - 05/11/10 10:25 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Dom..
what email do I use? I dont see it listed here?

you can use the contact us from my webstore.
For about the price, better that you contact Frank, Audioworks, have already ordered one Groove X-7 Wild RED...

#287329 - 05/11/10 11:02 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
But when talk about SD2, why not SD4? Would'nt that one add some more to it
compared to D2?

You can use the SD4 if you want, but the SD2 is tiny and I mean seriously tiny. I bet I could even fit it in my pocket it's that small. The level of intergeneration it has with Live Arranger is 100% compatibility. It was actually specifically designed for use with the SD2 so.... it's a really great choice.

You would have to compare the SD4 voice list to the SD2 to see if you could still retain 100% compatibility, but untimely you will not have access to the additional sounds the SD4 has because they are not displayed in Live Arranger.

So bottom line is I'd bet the SD4 sounds exactly the same as the SD2 and through Live Arranger you would have no benefit from buying the SD4. So if it was a choice between the two, then the SD2 would be my recommendation. If you had an SD4 already, then there would be no point in buying an SD2 as it would act exactly like an SD2 when connected.

Well that's the theory. For verification you would have to check the voice list but I'd bet there would be no issues at all.

Quote:
Btw, the big screen and all buttons lighting make this machine a kind of
fancy as well. Reminds me of younger days when all kinds of flashing
lights and buttons worked like a magnet to me, the more the better.
Looks like it still fancy me a lot..

Yeah, there's been a few reactions to all the lights from friends I've shown the keyboard to it. It's usually wow... what the hell is that, it looks complicated. Which I'm happy to pretend that it is complicated and tell them that they have never seen anything like it before

It does look seriously cool. I must take some photo's of it actually and upload them. I've got a top end DSLR, full frame and 25Mega Pixels.

Regards
James

#287330 - 05/11/10 11:27 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
thanks James. That demo was really good in that the SD2 works brilliantly with the MS. The styles are all pretty much well balanced and ready to go.

I had forgotten how good the older ketron products used to sound and you seemed to be able to navigate around the two instruments quite well. Are there functions like tempo lock that you can use so when you switch styles it does sound so instant ?

[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 05-11-2010).]

#287331 - 05/11/10 01:03 PM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
you can use the contact us from my webstore.
For about the price, better that you contact Frank, Audioworks, have already ordered one Groove X-7 Wild RED...

ok Dom....roger that!

#287332 - 05/11/10 01:18 PM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Irishacts Offline

Hi spalding.

Quote:
Are there functions like tempo lock that you can use so when you switch styles it does sound so instant ?

Nope, it doesn't have that function. It would be something I guess one would have to request from the developer of Live Arranger if they wanted it implanted.

I think that and two other items would be great. The ability to transpose a track in a style up or down an octave, and the ability to go from one style to the next without the arranger having to stop while it sends the program changes data.

Add the 3 of them and I think the developer would have everything well covered.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 05-11-2010).]

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online