Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#286937 - 05/03/10 05:37 AM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
hey...slow slow...
I Never say that I will porting my all LIONSTRACS OS to windows!
This I think will be never happen becase need years of work!

The guy that make this Windows OS installer work is Norbert.
I Think all will be under Windows 7 OS.

The idea is to develope a multiple zone remapper of the all Groove keys/leds/sliders/encoders, some like Riff, but more intelligent and splittable.

After installed the basic windows 7 OS, the special installer will install the all missing drivers of my hardware and the remapper tool. In this way we have some like a clone Openlab$ system.

Then will also offered the new Live Arranger FULL native integrated on Groove/MS system hardware.

The use then can choose under booting partition wich software system to use for the gig.
Under this way we can make happy more people, but I'm still convinced that the LIONSTRACS OS linux software will be more complete in features than what the Windows 7 system can offer.( just read again what James told before)
Open system/platform mean this too, to give the possibility to the user to chooce what they want.

Who know IF someday we can not offer the same under Hakintosh OSX-AMD leopard too?
all is possible, just look on youtube: osx leopard on AMD

So I was right, it's just a Live-Arranger software with Integration on lionstracs hardware on windows. it is good idea for some people.

they can still full install Kubuntu OS for use everything make MS/Groove unique.

linux, every day gets new users. even at school they should start with linux education.Becouse Linux is the only O.S which has a lot to offer to its end users. and it's free.

it is unfortunate that people still hang on windows. on my laptop i have both installed,linux and windows.

Kubuntu 10.04 LTS runs incredibly good and is stable.

#286938 - 05/03/10 10:13 AM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Well that's a pity.
Being able to boot to Windows will be excellent, but the biggest appeal of a Lionstracs keyboard over something like Open Lab$ is the custom Lionstracs Software.

I love the fact that it's all so seamless.

Oh well... I'm not going to complain, we are already spoiled rotten.

Regards
James

#286939 - 05/03/10 12:37 PM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
As i said it would but i am not going to tell everyone, told you so, i will not..

But you just did!

We were going on Doms statement, which he later clarified to say it may be happening but not too soon, so there was no need at all for this comment....

Just as WE would not have made it had the answer been different.

And in any case Doms reply indicates there may be development to boot into Windows with the OS with mapping to several buttons and tabs (even if not by Lionstracs) so your comment is made redundant even further.

#286940 - 05/03/10 01:38 PM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
LOL... 'it may be happening, but not too soon'

Pretty much the MS's entire history in a nutshell

#286941 - 05/03/10 01:52 PM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
LOL... 'it may be happening, but not too soon'

Pretty much the MS's entire history in a nutshell

Diki, that is a most unfair comment. I think you will find that the OS updates (major) from Lionstracs exceed anything the MAJORS (Korg Roland Yamaha) provide.

The thing I LOVE about the Media Station and Lionstracs is that Dom is kind enough and is passionate enough to share his ideas with us. How many of the MAJORS CEO's actually talk with their owners on a day to day basis?

Unlike Korg Yamaha Roland, who keep all their plans to themselves, hoping to shill buyers, by making them by hardware that is soon to superseded.

Look at the upgrades (major) to the majors and the time spacing between upgrades.

I think you will find the Media Station OS is probably in front as far as updates go

Nearly 3 years for Korg, Yamaha just make you buy a brand new piece of hardware for very VERY little upgrade, and Roland have lost the plot entirely.

No, I think you should really reconsider your statement there.

Dennis

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 05-03-2010).]

#286942 - 05/03/10 01:59 PM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Ummmmm, never thought I'd live to see the day when someone would mistake Diki for Donny......or visa versa .

chas (or maybe I'm Fran)

#286943 - 05/03/10 02:02 PM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
miden Offline

ROTFL....oops!!!! sorry Donny

#286944 - 05/03/10 02:02 PM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Donny that is a most unfair comment.

Thought I'd better capture it in case Dennis decided to edit it . Then MY post would make no sense. Probably doesn't anyway .

chas

#286945 - 05/03/10 02:05 PM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
miden Offline

Yeah sorry Chas, I did edit it to make it correct.

Should have left it. But thanks for saving it.

Dennis

PS: perhaps thats the closest they have ever been

#286946 - 05/03/10 02:50 PM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry, Dennis, but I stand by it. After reading about this thing for what, six years or so (Nov '03 is the first search result for 'Lionstracs'), and it STILL is a 'work in progress' that can't match a closed arranger for ease of use and sheer practicality, despite that first post being titled (by Dom himself) 'The future of arrangers'...

Well, the future has yet to arrive.

When it does (IF it does) I will be first in line to get one. But I have a feeling that it will have the words Yamaha or Korg or maybe even Roland on the panel. Somehow, ONLY those guys have a clue what arranger players in the vast majority actually want. I have always said I would LOVE an open arranger if I didn't lose what was good about a closed arranger at the same time. Seems utterly obvious Dom is incapable or unwilling to go that route, so I wait and wait for the REAL 'future' to arrive...

I think, in fairness, Dennis, after your last go-round with the MS, that perhaps it is YOU that needs to 'wait', and weigh in on the subject once you actually HAVE got the thing to perform the way you want it? Do you really want egg on your face a second time? Your 180º on the MS the first time showed that there is a HUGE difference between theory and practice. As is obvious from the almost complete lack of anything decent posted in style format by those that HAVE had the MS for years, this is obviously anything BUT easy.

Let's just wait until you have figured out whether it does what you need on this second time around before you leap into the void again? If the future arrived the way the optimists had predicted, I would be dictating this into thin air as I fly through the air in my sky-car, not typing it at home while oil approaches my beaches because we are still driving cars around that run on petrochemicals...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online