SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#286927 - 05/02/10 03:18 PM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
AFG Music Offline

it is good that you are thinking about windows.but frankly Winodws will never achieve what they have achieved with new Kubuntu LTS 10.04.
http://www.kubuntu.org/

Linux is well known more stable then windows,
and has many more features.

#286928 - 05/02/10 03:39 PM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Linux is well known more stable then windows,
and has many more features.

Hmmm.... I know what your saying but Windows 7 is a different ballgame altogether.

It's rock solid and super fast. Even if it wasn't it would still be better than Linux trying to run Windows software through Wine.

Lionstracs own custom software offers FAR FAR more real-time control and integration than anything Open lab$ have, and if Lionstracs goes Win7 they will destroy Open Lab$ in every department the keyboard has to offer.

Have to say that I'm getting some seriously good vibes from Lionstracs lately. The OS development is really good, and with talks of a Windows version.... OH MAN..... this will be amazing.

Regards
James

#286929 - 05/02/10 04:18 PM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hmmm.... I know what your saying but Windows 7 is a different ballgame altogether.

It's rock solid and super fast. Even if it wasn't it would still be better than Linux trying to run Windows software through Wine.

Lionstracs own custom software offers FAR FAR more real-time control and integration than anything Open lab$ have, and if Lionstracs goes Win7 they will destroy Open Lab$ in every department the keyboard has to offer.

Have to say that I'm getting some seriously good vibes from Lionstracs lately. The OS development is really good, and with talks of a Windows version.... OH MAN..... this will be amazing.

Regards
James

Windows will always be welcome. especially for people who have never used linux. maby Live-Arranger will be main arranger on windows O.S version !!!!!!!!!!

waiting for more information on this given by domenico!

MS/Groove applications are programmed with QT. QT also supports Windows, so it's possible i think.
http://qt.nokia.com/

maby you can also use QT LGPL version James. as we can see you know C++ programming language or not?

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 05-02-2010).]

#286930 - 05/02/10 05:34 PM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
MS/Groove applications are programmed with QT. QT also supports Windows, so it's possible i think. http://qt.nokia.com/

maby you can also use QT LGPL version James. as we can see you know C++ programming language or not?

I think it was fantastic forward thinking of Lionstracs to use this, but for me the €2 995 price tag is far too much money. I'd rather take my family on a holiday to Italy for two weeks instead and stay in a great hotel.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 05-02-2010).]

#286931 - 05/02/10 05:40 PM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:

I think it was fantastic forward thinking of Lionstracs to use this, but for me the �2 995 price tag is far too much money. I'd rather take my family on a holiday to Italy for two weeks instead and stay in a great hotel.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 05-02-2010).]

QT LGPL version is for free download only you most share your source code. it is for open source creating software, else i had not proposed. lol

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 05-02-2010).]

#286932 - 05/02/10 05:42 PM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
Irishacts Offline

Wow....really...!!!
I'll check it out then.

Cheers
James

#286933 - 05/02/10 09:54 PM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
Bachus Offline

You guys make it sound so simple..

There are certain things like the Multi asio thing that will not work under Windows.

I once did a project of porting a server from SUN Solaris to Red hat Linux, and its not only just a matter of compiling the stuff on a windows compiler. All the scripting and such needs to be redone.

Porting such a huge project from Linux to windows will take Lionstracs at least a year to get a stable OS.

Only programming the drivers for windows will take a single programmer months.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#286934 - 05/02/10 10:48 PM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
hey...slow slow...
I Never say that I will porting my all LIONSTRACS OS to windows!
This I think will be never happen becase need years of work!

The guy that make this Windows OS installer work is Norbert.
I Think all will be under Windows 7 OS.

The idea is to develope a multiple zone remapper of the all Groove keys/leds/sliders/encoders, some like Riff, but more intelligent and splittable.

After installed the basic windows 7 OS, the special installer will install the all missing drivers of my hardware and the remapper tool. In this way we have some like a clone Openlab$ system.

Then will also offered the new Live Arranger FULL native integrated on Groove/MS system hardware.

The use then can choose under booting partition wich software system to use for the gig.
Under this way we can make happy more people, but I'm still convinced that the LIONSTRACS OS linux software will be more complete in features than what the Windows 7 system can offer.( just read again what James told before)
Open system/platform mean this too, to give the possibility to the user to chooce what they want.

Who know IF someday we can not offer the same under Hakintosh OSX-AMD leopard too?
all is possible, just look on youtube: osx leopard on AMD

#286935 - 05/02/10 10:57 PM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
hey...slow slow...

The guy that make this Windows OS installer work is Norbert.
I Think all will be under Windows 7 OS.

The idea is to develope a multiple zone remapper of the all Groove keys/leds/sliders/encoders, some like Riff, but more intelligent and splittable.

After installed the basic windows 7 OS, the special installer will install the all missing drivers of my hardware and the remapper tool. In this way we have some like a clone Openlab$ system.

Then will also offered the new Live Arranger FULL native integrated on Groove/MS system hardware.

The use then can choose under booting partition wich software system to use for the gig.
Under this way we can make happy more people, but I'm still convinced that the LIONSTRACS OS linux software will be more complete in features than what the Windows 7 system can offer.( just read again what James told before)
Open system/platform mean this too, to give the possibility to the user to chooce what they want.

Who know IF someday we can not offer the same under Hakintosh OSX-AMD leopard too?
all is possible, just look on youtube: osx leopard on AMD

Thanks for the clear-up Dom...

What you ARE saying you (Norbert) may be able to do does sound good though

Also I want to compliment you and Lionstracs on such a neat and well organised hardware and cable layout. Bravo!

I needed to open my MS to install the new graphics card, and the inside was so neat and tidy. All the cabling done nicely.

The video card install went very smoothly, and another compliment on the clear instructions and the pics, made it a doddle(easy) to install

dennis

#286936 - 05/03/10 03:51 AM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
hey...slow slow...

As i said it would but i am not going to tell everyone, told you so, i will not..

Both setups have advantages and disadvantages, while under windows all vst's work, some very cool things of Mediastation are bound to run only under Linux...

I personaly would not devide my attantion between Linux and Windows and stick to Linux and try to find a way to overcome the compatibillity isues.

But then, who am i to advise you on a topic like this.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online