SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#286856 - 05/02/10 08:43 AM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Well, I will have to disagree with some of you, I find the Audya much fuller and more authenic. The salsa on the PA2x is probably the worst i've heared out of any keyboard.

But just my opinion.

#286857 - 05/02/10 09:15 AM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
Well, I will have to disagree with some of you, I find the Audya much fuller and more authenic. The salsa on the PA2x is probably the worst i've heared out of any keyboard.

But just my opinion.

MC...This is why ALL of this sound stuff is VERY SUBJECTIVE" and can NEVER be agreed upon fully and the arguing, ego driven opinionated debates will ALWAYS continue.....everyone has a respected opinion and rightly so.....just think if the Tyros 3 & G70 were involved in this little demo Challenge?...

#286858 - 05/02/10 09:36 AM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
Bachus Offline

I really like the solo instruments better on the KOrg (tough i dislike both piano's but i must be spoiled by my true piano's vst) but the Korg sax is really good..

And even tough the Korg has awesome Guitars, i prefer the styles of the Audya, they just cut straight true it....

This supports my feeling that using an Audya 4 module and VSt's for the solo instruments could be my next setup.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#286859 - 05/02/10 12:10 PM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
To DNJ:

I feel your statement of EGO driven opinionated debates, Certainly DOES NOT apply to all of us!

Before I decided on purchasing my Audya and my Tyros 3. I spent 6 hours straight playing the Pa2xPro at my local music store. I also spent a few hours listening and watching the keyboard manager of the store do a complete demo of that machine.

Although the PA2xpro is an awesome arranger, no one can convince me that the actual AUTHENTICITY of the voices are better than the Audya. The Tyros 2 or 3 and the Fantom G also do not measure up in that department. I know, I know, thats MY opinion.

Ego plays NO PART in that conclusion what so ever! My Opinion's are based on this:

Ive dedicated 40+ years of my life surrounding myself in one way or another with music. Performing in Solo's, Duo's, Trio's, Jazz band, Marching Band and playing in an Orchestra. I've done studio recording and have released one album and 17 cd's. All for local purchase only. Unfortunately no large scale releases.

Organ, Piano, Clarinet, Oboe, Alto sax and Percussion are instruments I have learned to play.

My very first job at age 15 was working in a music store. Selling organs and piano's. I later devoted 7 years to selling Lowrey organs and Steinway Pianos in a mall store.

My passion and love for music has earned a nice living for me for many years. It's that passion and love of music and performing that continue's to drive me. Not Ego.

I said all of that to say this: My OPINION at least has some solid backing and is NOT coming from a lay person or someone new to the music business or on an Ego trip.

My favorite solo voices I use on the job are, Piano, Hammond Organ sounds, Sax, Trumpet, Accordion, Guitar's, Banjo, Flute, Vibes and Synth sounds.

I agree the arrangements on the Korg and the Yamaha are incredible! They are both " TOP OF THE LINE " machines.

As far as the " TRUE REALISM " for the Voicing, The Natural Timbre and Nuance's of the Instruments, The AUDYA clearly is the best.

( MY OPINION !) I am happy to say however, at least my opinion is based on YEARS AND YEARS OF HANDS ON EXPERIENCE!

For the rest of you that don't qualify,

ENJOY YOUR EGO TRIP!

Jim

#286860 - 05/02/10 04:07 PM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Wait til you hear the NEW Audya sounds. Guitars, pianos, saxes... everything is improved.
DonM

#286861 - 05/02/10 07:42 PM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
DonM:

I could tell by watching and listening to Robert's video's that there was a considerable improvement in the Grand and Tine piano's.

I'm looking forward to the new styles also.

How many new styles and improvements have you discovered?

The Audya really is an awesome piece of technology.

Number 1 in my book. As you can tell by reading my posts.

Thanks for posting any additional comments or discoveries about the 4.0a upgrade.

#286862 - 05/02/10 08:35 PM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
Dnj Offline

Well Jim you certainly proved my point with that post...all I can say is enjoy your kB's & your music....I know I do every night. take care.

#286863 - 05/02/10 09:20 PM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I agree with most of the points Jim made in his two above post...about the Audya sounds more like individual instruments in a live band...but not the ego thing..

That single mic analogy..nails the way I view what I hear from Yamaha more than what I hear from Korg..but you are right...that seems exactly how they were recorded....too much blended together..and TW also nailed it too..blended sounds become "organish"...giving the sound less definition..

One thing for sure..this is not a problem with Ketron...

Now before you guys all get upset and start the "polished" argument as a CD quality...Go listen to recordings of produced CD's featuring bands....now listen..do you hear the individual instruments standing on their own..yes ..that's right..sort of like what we hear from Ketron...

#286864 - 05/02/10 09:26 PM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
Dnj Offline

Now Fran how do you compare your G70 sound to an Audya?

#286865 - 05/02/10 09:28 PM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Audya sounds better...but G70 has all the features that makes it the best..

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online