SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#286658 - 04/29/10 09:43 PM Nigel it's a cull thats needed
Tony Hughes Offline

You know Nigel this forum is a very and much needed platform for people to be helped by others, others that know more than others about all manner of things. I and others find it invaluable to be able to ask people 1000 miles away about problem which can be solved with their help. What you don’t want is a continual mauling every time you start a thread even if you do have a problem and you bang on about it, may I say it’s the same people doing it all the time, the shutdown of the last thread bear witness and I am afraid to say it will go on if you don’t do something about it. I can barely look on SZ Arranger after being call racist, this is not good Nigel, well all once over fought a war together against a common enemy and to be called a racist isn’t good!
Kind Regards

Tony Hughes
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#286659 - 04/30/10 07:11 AM Re: Nigel it's a cull thats needed
Beakybird Offline

As a Yamaha user, I really notice the difference between this forum and the yamahapkowner.com forums whose administrator is less tolerant of rude behavior (perhaps because the website is sponsored by Yamaha). Not surprisingly, there is a much larger percentage of women on that forum.

I would prefer a more cordial atmosphere.

Beakybird

#286660 - 04/30/10 11:03 AM Re: Nigel it's a cull thats needed
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I love Tony calling the pot black! After BEING the cause and originator of much of the strife here, hijacking thread after thread, now he wants to call foul when HIS sensitivities get hurt? BTW, you actually have to MAKE racist remarks to get called a racist on this forum, on the whole!

As to the difference between Yamaha forums and here, well, Jeez! OF COURSE you are going to get more harmony on a forum where everyone plays the same brand!

What you OUGHT to do is go and spend some time on some other forums, and realize that, despite things being not exactly Sunny Farms here, they pale into insignificance compared to the trash talk and general immature behavior prevalent on the web.

Personally, I think that Nigel does an amazing job balancing the need for free exchange of opinion compared to the need to not offend anyone whatsoever! And this is from someone that got banned for a while!

#286661 - 04/30/10 11:56 AM Re: Nigel it's a cull thats needed
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

Personally, I think that Nigel does an amazing job balancing the need for free exchange of opinion compared to the need to not offend anyone whatsoever! And this is from someone that got banned for a while!

Diki,

I don't believe a word of it and neither do you, or you wouldn't have said it.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#286662 - 04/30/10 12:16 PM Re: Nigel it's a cull thats needed
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
no one called you a racist Tony. I said you made racist remarks which noone can say is not true. Others also commented on the racist undertones of your remarks. If that didnt sit well with you you should have retracted your remarks but you didnt. Whether you leave or stay on the forum makes no difference to me but each time you make a racist remark you will get a reaction until you understand how offensive some of the things you say are.

#286663 - 04/30/10 11:52 PM Re: Nigel it's a cull thats needed
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Diki,

I don't believe a word of it and neither do you, or you wouldn't have said it.

Wouldn't have said WHAT? This post, or what got me banned..?

#286664 - 05/01/10 10:27 AM Re: Nigel it's a cull thats needed
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
As a Yamaha user, I really notice the difference between this forum and the yamahapkowner.com forums whose administrator is less tolerant of rude behavior (perhaps because the website is sponsored by Yamaha). Not surprisingly, there is a much larger percentage of women on that forum.

I would prefer a more cordial atmosphere.

Beakybird

Well the brand specific forums here are as well such as the Technics, Lionstracs and Ketron forums. It is much easier to get on when you all use the same keyboards. And the brand specific forums are protected from owners of other brands disrupting their discussion.

But this is a General forum for all arranger keyboard owners to air their opinions so of course it is going to be more heated at times. And at times I will apply bans and close or remove threads when I think people have stepped over the line.

But I will look at both sides of an issue that is brought to my attention and if I think that both parties contributed to stepping over the line I will ban both. It has happened in the past where someone has complained about me not being tough enough that they also got swept up in the ban not just who they were complaining about.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 05-01-2010).]

#286665 - 05/01/10 08:47 PM Re: Nigel it's a cull thats needed
Beakybird Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:

Well the brand specific forums here are as well such as the Technics, Lionstracs and Ketron forums. It is much easier to get on when you all use the same keyboards. And the brand specific forums are protected from owners of other brands disrupting their discussion.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 05-01-2010).]

Yeah, that makes sense, but a lot of the rude remarks aren't because of keyboard preference - it's just plain rude comments because it's a lot easier to insult a person over the internet than to their face.

I don't know what got Tony angry in the first place, but I would enjoy the forum more if some of the snarky comments were replaced by diplomatic ones. I'd rather see, "I don't think you've educated yourself on this matter," rather than "You don't know what you're talking about."

Beakybird

#286666 - 05/06/10 03:17 PM Re: Nigel it's a cull thats needed
mr9000 Offline

NIGEL!!!!!.........

Don't go changing anything now!
(diapers included)This place is quite close to perfection AND i absolutly L-ov-e the ample edit times!!!

#286667 - 05/06/10 07:58 PM Re: Nigel it's a cull thats needed
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
This forum has worked well for most of us the 10 plus years I have been here so why change it.
the old trouble makers have been replaced by new trouble makers and they will soon be replaced etc. on and on. that's life and it is all interesting. We can just enjoy them while they are still here
I think that if Nigel thought it needed changing he would have done it a long time ago.
I also think that if he thought he didn't know how to run it, he would have turned it over to someone else long ago. He didn't. Life goes on and people come and go. Enjoy your time here, and leave happy memories for those of us that will continue to stay here
Best to all,
Bebop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online