SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#286219 - 06/04/10 12:48 PM Re: Audya module and 61 note arrival date
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Ketron and time schedules are obviously a perfect match!

Next Frankfurt Musikmesse at spring 2011 maybe?

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#286220 - 06/04/10 02:07 PM Re: Audya module and 61 note arrival date
skude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
Not sure, I think the offices are closed today. I'll try again tomorrow

Frank
Any news about--?? you know what,(don't mean OS4)
skude

#286221 - 06/04/10 02:10 PM Re: Audya module and 61 note arrival date
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I called but got no answer, Friday and Saturdays are hit or miss.

I also emailed, so hopefully the answer will be there by Monday

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#286222 - 06/04/10 02:12 PM Re: Audya module and 61 note arrival date
skude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
I called but got no answer, Friday and Saturdays are hit or miss.

I also emailed, so hopefully the answer will be there by Monday

Thanks! Hope for Monday
skude

#286223 - 06/04/10 02:16 PM Re: Audya module and 61 note arrival date
skude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Of what year?

Dnj. leezone
Would be no fun knowing the year.
skude

#286224 - 06/05/10 12:43 AM Re: Audya module and 61 note arrival date
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Well i know something is brewing at least in ONE of the Big 3...for a fact...the rest i dont know.

#286225 - 06/05/10 10:40 PM Re: Audya module and 61 note arrival date
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Who, in their right mind, is going to shell out for an Audya for a pro gig, knowing that if it fails for any reason, you are screwed! No-one can afford a backup Audya, no-one but a tiny, tiny fraction of players lives anywhere NEAR a dealer, and no dealer is going to loan out a new Audya to cover a working musician when they have no idea how many weeks or months it is going to take Ketron to reply to the issue and send replacement parts... especially on the pitiful margin they make on it.

Musically, it MIGHT be the best arranger out there. But there's a LOT more to what you want from an arranger than just the music. Reliability, ease of repair, availability of replacement, nearness of dealers, responsiveness of communication with the tech support and repair depts., many of these things are JUST as important as sound to a WORKING player...

You know Diki we don't always see eye to eye but on this occasion there is not one word of this that I could take offense at or question, and if Leezone would read it all carefully he would keep what he has got! Read all Skude's mail and then make your decision buy or not to buy the Audya, his support is pitiful and pathetic and he still has not got a working KB after one year, I have only gone through 1/10th of what Skude has and fortunately my Audya is OK now. It is my 3rd Audya. Btw July for the new sounds and styles, I still have reservations that it will be sometime after, I think they want to release the new products with the new sounds and styles before they let Audya owners have them. I have also come to the conclusion that Ketron must be a cash rich company, the new products were demonstrated nearly 8 weeks ago and not one on sale yet.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#286226 - 06/05/10 11:10 PM Re: Audya module and 61 note arrival date
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
Well i know something is brewing at least in ONE of the Big 3...for a fact...the rest i dont know.

Come on Nedim tell us , anyway who are the big three?
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#286227 - 06/06/10 12:48 PM Re: Audya module and 61 note arrival date
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Thing is, Tony, those exact same reservations apply to the MS as well. No dealer network (admittedly, Dom is WAY more responsive than Ketron about service issues, but even so, many emails to him from many different people here have mysteriously got 'spam filtered' - I use that excuse myself from time to time!), no chance of a prompt replacement unit for the working player, probably no local users to borrow a friend's in the event of a breakdown... And a price WAY too high to consider buying two.

Be careful what you wish for...

#286228 - 06/06/10 12:54 PM Re: Audya module and 61 note arrival date
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
no chance of a prompt replacement unit for the working player, probably no local users to borrow a friend's in the event of a breakdown... And a price WAY too high to consider buying two.

Be careful what you wish for...

all of the above should scare the bejesus out of a gigging player.....stick with the big THREE I say. YAMAHA, ROLAND, KORG

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online