Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Waiting for an update myself

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#286200 - 05/26/10 08:16 AM Re: Audya module and 61 note arrival date
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Impuls:
i cant take Ketron seriously ,they have now been working fore more than 3 years with the audya ,and still it is not a completed product.
And they dont communicate with dealers and customers.
You all know in this economic crisis that this will be a 'last waltz' fore Ketron,they will never survive with this behavior.

Impuls

I'm sure everyone has taken notice and is VERY cautious. Buyer beware.

#286201 - 05/26/10 08:17 AM Re: Audya module and 61 note arrival date
leezone Offline

Frank,

tell em that your customers are very upset with lack of communication on their part,
countless problems with AUDYA, many promises, lack of remaining OS4,
and many have abandoned ship ;-)

#286202 - 05/26/10 08:30 AM Re: Audya module and 61 note arrival date
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Frank,

tell em that your customers are very upset with lack of communication on their part,
countless problems with AUDYA, many promises, lack of remaining OS4,
and many have abandoned ship ;-)

Leezone,

I have cut and pasted every bit of SZ crap about the Audya and sent it to the Ketron factory, first they can't understand English, second they don't know how to use Google Translate, and thirdly they don't give a toss. I have never got a reply, if I were Frank or any other dealer, I would just drop them a line saying "I'm out". It won’t happen because people like many string on a bow!

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 05-26-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#286203 - 05/26/10 08:45 AM Re: Audya module and 61 note arrival date
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I do agree that there are times when a response from them seems to take forever, also the OS4 updates have been taking quite awhile, but as the keyboard stands noww, other than some of the people will real hardware issues. The board works, I don't make as much money selling them as the other companies, but I personally enjoy the styles and sounds that for me are the best for what I use them for.

I play tons of latin and italian music, so the ketron is the only way to go for that certain sound.

I have many times offered Ketron my services as a liaison between the factory, tech, customers. But I have gotten no answers.

So I can only do what I can for now, too bad because i really enjoy the product

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#286204 - 05/26/10 09:05 AM Re: Audya module and 61 note arrival date
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
I do agree that there are times when a response from them seems to take forever, also the OS4 updates have been taking quite awhile, but as the keyboard stands noww, other than some of the people will real hardware issues. The board works, I don't make as much money selling them as the other companies, but I personally enjoy the styles and sounds that for me are the best for what I use them for.

I play tons of latin and italian music, so the ketron is the only way to go for that certain sound.

I have many times offered Ketron my services as a liaison between the factory, tech, customers. But I have gotten no answers.

So I can only do what I can for now, too bad because i really enjoy the product

Frank,

That appears to be the general consensus of opinion about Ketron they are not interested in what anyone thinks or says, about the product or themselves they are in fact way above us. There is no outside Italy parallel that I have ever seen like Ketron, any company in the UK that behaved like Ketron would be out of business, Ketron are certainly not concerned about Frank, Franks problems or Franks customers problems, if they were then there would be no problems.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#286205 - 05/26/10 09:31 AM Re: Audya module and 61 note arrival date
Dnj Offline

Until they can show SUPPORT after the sale, people will shy away and look elsewhere...

Live drums vs peoples hard earned Money? .....

I guess you know the answer.

#286206 - 05/26/10 12:54 PM Re: Audya module and 61 note arrival date
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Who, in their right mind, is going to shell out for an Audya for a pro gig, knowing that if it fails for any reason, you are screwed! No-one can afford a backup Audya, no-one but a tiny, tiny fraction of players lives anywhere NEAR a dealer, and no dealer is going to loan out a new Audya to cover a working musician when they have no idea how many weeks or months it is going to take Ketron to reply to the issue and send replacement parts... especially on the pitiful margin they make on it.

Musically, it MIGHT be the best arranger out there. But there's a LOT more to what you want from an arranger than just the music. Reliability, ease of repair, availability of replacement, nearness of dealers, responsiveness of communication with the tech support and repair depts., many of these things are JUST as important as sound to a WORKING player...

#286207 - 05/26/10 01:11 PM Re: Audya module and 61 note arrival date
leezone Offline

Diki,

are you saying i should hold on to my XD-3
even after i buy my AUDYA4
and take it to EVERY gig??? :-)

#286208 - 05/26/10 01:20 PM Re: Audya module and 61 note arrival date
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Diki,

are you saying i should hold on to my XD-3
even after i buy my AUDYA4
and take it to EVERY gig??? :-)

Leezone Lionstracs are using USB3 WOOOOW and you want a Ketron running on USB1, are you OK!

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online