SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#286017 - 04/18/10 05:28 AM Lionstracs MS/Groove-Qranger-Live Arranger (live styler)-Open Arranger thread-
AFG Music Offline

ok here can we talk again

first start with this:
www.LiveArranger.com

Ketron AJ says if you purchase Ketron styles other then the rom styles you have the right to use on a ketron hardware or an arranger software.

-------------------------------------
-------------
---------
live arranger software module can be used as a second arranger on lionstracs MS/Groove

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 04-18-2010).]

#286018 - 04/18/10 06:14 PM Re: Lionstracs MS/Groove-Qranger-Live Arranger (live styler)-Open Arranger thread-
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
How about a new video from me for starters. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKlI3NDqrHA

YouTube is still processing the video so if anyone wants to see and hear the higher quality 720P version, you might have to give it a half an hour or so.

Regards
James

#286019 - 04/19/10 06:42 AM Re: Lionstracs MS/Groove-Qranger-Live Arranger (live styler)-Open Arranger thread-
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
How about a new video from me for starters. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKlI3NDqrHA

YouTube is still processing the video so if anyone wants to see and hear the higher quality 720P version, you might have to give it a half an hour or so.

Regards
James

very nice demo, live arranger gui is totally changed, is completely changed compared to live styler.

Nobert says he has good conversation with Ketron.

He has now also joined here. hope that he will also take part in this thread.

everyone is welcome but with respect for each other.

#286020 - 04/19/10 08:08 AM Re: Lionstracs MS/Groove-Qranger-Live Arranger (live styler)-Open Arranger thread-
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:
very nice demo, live arranger gui is totally changed, is completely changed compared to live styler.

Nobert says he has good conversation with Ketron.

He has now also joined here. hope that he will also take part in this thread.

everyone is welcome but with respect for each other.

Aren't live-styler and live arranger 2 whole different products... Isn't live arranger supposed to play mostly Ketron styles and Yamaha styles

Where live- styler plays all keyboards styles..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#286021 - 04/19/10 08:38 AM Re: Lionstracs MS/Groove-Qranger-Live Arranger (live styler)-Open Arranger thread-
Irishacts Offline

From what I gather Live Styler only supports standard styles in an array of formats, where Live Arranger supports the same but also the new Audio Styles found on the Ketron Audya Series.

Plus it's received a well deserved GUI makeover.

Regards
James

#286022 - 04/19/10 02:37 PM Re: Lionstracs MS/Groove-Qranger-Live Arranger (live styler)-Open Arranger thread-
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Live Arranger seems to work with the SD2
I have read on tastenwelt.de that the Ketron SD2 only has a 32 note polyphony.
Isn't that way too little to work with?

[This message has been edited by FransN (edited 04-19-2010).]

#286023 - 04/19/10 04:58 PM Re: Lionstracs MS/Groove-Qranger-Live Arranger (live styler)-Open Arranger thread-
Irishacts Offline

I don't think so, lets try break it down an see.

If a style is typically made up of 8 parts, lets say then that 6 notes of poly would be used up on the drum, percussion and bass tracks. So that leaves 26 notes poly for just 5 ACC parts. That's quite a lot let to work with considering ACC parts will only be made up of notes picking at instruments and maybe one track producing full chords.

The only things to really watch out for are Piano tracks which are using the Damper pedal. Just one of those could use up all 32 notes.

All in all I think for style playback the SD2 has more than enough juice to do the job.

Come to think of it, I used to gig 7 night a week once upon a time with just a KORG Trinity sequenced up to it's eyes and that only had 32 notes of poly.

Regards
James

#286024 - 04/19/10 05:43 PM Re: Lionstracs MS/Groove-Qranger-Live Arranger (live styler)-Open Arranger thread-
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Hmm still have my doubts James. What if you gonna use dual voices for your right hand.

#286025 - 04/19/10 05:57 PM Re: Lionstracs MS/Groove-Qranger-Live Arranger (live styler)-Open Arranger thread-
Irishacts Offline

My figures only cater for using the unit as a means to play back styles, not right hand sounds or even a Lower Left hand sound.

In the case of using it with a Mediastation, this is no problem at all. The Styles can be routed to the SD2 and you can just use Giga sound for the lower and upper parts you play yourself.

Using the SD2 exclusively on a laptop and a controller keyboard as the only sound source is a different matter. 32 Notes there won't get you too far it your playing chords or using a sustain pedal.

Regards
James

#286026 - 04/20/10 07:31 AM Re: Lionstracs MS/Groove-Qranger-Live Arranger (live styler)-Open Arranger thread-
AFG Music Offline

it wil be a great option if some day MS/Groove users can also save qranger audio styles in ketron audya .pat format!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online