SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#28587 - 08/16/00 09:57 AM XV3080 instrument definition files for cakewalk!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi people. Well, I got the XV3080 just yesterday, and I must say, I am very impressed with it's obvious capabilities. I started by going through the sounds and experimenting with the patch finder features, and I feel that even without additional expantion cards, it is really very impressive. I liked it even more, because I'm totally blind, and there are a number of features onboard which make this module easier to use than almost any I've come across with the ecception of the JV1010. Sound quality is brilliant, and 64 note poliphony is certain. I have a problem however, because I don't have enough sight to use Cakewalk's instrument definition screens. I wondered if anyone had actually gotten around to producing an .ins file yet, and if someone has, could you please email it to me? I can't use these bulletin board things very well, too many links and stuff like that, so here's my email address: merlin.the-wizard@virgin.net
Oh yeah, if you haven't done so already, check out the XV3080 demos by holding exit and left arrow down together and tapping enter. I didn't hear them until I'd listened to all the sounds first, and I was staggered by the power of the edited and unedited sounds in combination, especially the orchestral demo! Wow! And, rumers from my contact at Roland suggest that the next 64 meg board out is likely to be the orchestral board. Can it get any better?
Anyway guys, hope to hear back from someone soon,
Respect,
Matt

#28588 - 08/20/00 02:23 PM Re: XV3080 instrument definition files for cakewalk!
DavidR1 Offline

Matt,

There is an incomplete INS file for Cakewalk published on the L'il Chips site at this URL: http://www.lilchips.com/cakewalk/ins/xv.asp

It is only a preliminary version, and seems only to be correct for the USER bank, and for Preset Banks A, B, C, and D. Other preset banks are not correct. But it is a start!

--David Rubenstein http://www.mp3.com/David_Rubenstein

#28589 - 08/21/00 07:35 AM Re: XV3080 instrument definition files for cakewalk!
nowayout Offline

Loc: New York USA
I would like to hear more about these rumors form your contact at Roland like when will the new orchestral board be out? Will there be a guitar board etc. Thanks. I was thinking of buying the Orchestral II board but now i will wait.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online