SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#285562 - 04/20/10 08:01 PM Re: Thinking about a TYROS 3 ?....here some great demos and instruction
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I should add that there are many "good" players here...some are my friends, and sparring partners too...

#285563 - 04/20/10 08:05 PM Re: Thinking about a TYROS 3 ?....here some great demos and instruction
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Fran, I was only pulling your chain, but you're dead right, I should not have posted that, even in jest. But then again, you know that I lay around looking for openings like that and then I pounce. I would have done the same to Diki or Ian. Just consider it a character flaw . Then again, Diki or Ian would probably have just laughed it off, feeling confident enough in their playing abilities to know that I was only kidding around.

You're right about one thing, though. I AM a 'less than average' player, but at least I'M AWARE OF IT.

chas

#285564 - 04/20/10 08:15 PM Re: Thinking about a TYROS 3 ?....here some great demos and instruction
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
You're right about one thing, though. I AM a 'less than average' player, but at least I'M AWARE OF IT.

chas

Chas YOU have a deep passion for music and thats worth it's weight in gold my friend!!

#285565 - 04/20/10 08:23 PM Re: Thinking about a TYROS 3 ?....here some great demos and instruction
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Chas, I already mentioned that you were aware of your average abilities..

I can and do laugh at all posts here...I am confident in my own abilities.....and can also laugh at my own abilities too...

Your post just gave me an "opening" to expose some truth about some things that are always being mentioned here on SZ..

This has been a trying week..personal issues, and I am weary..so I am saying good night...

#285566 - 04/21/10 02:18 AM Re: Thinking about a TYROS 3 ?....here some great demos and instruction
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:

chas

Hey guy...stop being so modest! If I could play jazz organ half as good as you can...I'd be farting through silk.

This video clip still breaks me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIc1Yb_uY8U

#285567 - 04/21/10 03:56 AM Re: Thinking about a TYROS 3 ?....here some great demos and instruction
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Fran, for what it's worth, I only kid people that I like. The rest, I avoid like the plague . Of course, I WOULD have a lot more money if I'd just quit buying every piece of gear that you recommend . That MUST mean that I trust your judgement about gear, especially sound gear (the Traynor K4 is one of my all-time favorites and makes my organ sing (no, not THAT one, the C1 ).

Sorry you're having a bad week. Go flirt with one of your 'roadies' or have a pancake w/strawberries breakfast, that should perk you up .

chas

#285568 - 04/21/10 07:53 AM Re: Thinking about a TYROS 3 ?....here some great demos and instruction
Dnj Offline

Quote:
That MUST mean that I trust your judgement about gear, especially sound gear (the Traynor K4 is one of my all-time favorites and makes my organ sing (no, not THAT one, the C1 ).
chas

Although we might not agree on some things regarding musical gear, etc, I highly respect my best friend Fran's advice and opinions. This week after an intense studio demo I listened to Fran & I bought the Edirol 10DX mixer and it's nothing less the Bliss for me on stage....it's got great features to really mold your sound in so many ways & so much more then the average mixer. I love this unit......thanx again Fran.
http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=861

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 04-21-2010).]

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online