SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#285460 - 04/13/10 08:52 PM Re: Protect the KB's in/outputs
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

My problem down here in Florida is sunshine. Even though I specify a covered stage, sometimes the gig will fail to provide one, and sunlight for even a few minutes KILLS the display and raises the temperature on the top side to about that of a grill! I've actually played a couple of times with a towel covering the entire arranger except for the keys... thank God for the FC-7 pedal. I can do a large percentage of what I need to do in a tune without hitting the panel buttons because of that. But it gave me a whole new perspective on what blind musicians have to go through dealing with modern keyboards! I had to do the same thing once with my G1000, and that was much easier to run 'under the sheets' because there was a button for every function in a place I was VERY familiar with. Touch screens, for all their pluses, have some DEFINITE disadvantages, too...

http://www.amazon.com/Light-Duty-Portable-Folding-Aluminum-Instant/dp/B000SSFPRC

#285461 - 04/13/10 09:47 PM Re: Protect the KB's in/outputs
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Played under many of them, Donny. Problem is, except at noon, the coverage gets spotty for a couple of people as the sun moves around, and they are a tight squeeze for a duo as the sun goes down!

Plus, unless you have them anchored to four VERY heavy water barrels, the first Gulf thunderstorm that comes up, they fly off and hit some poor customer! Usually, a storm comes, you want your gear to be the first priority to pack. This thing's more a liability than a benefit, sometimes...

It's usually better to stipulate the venue provides the cover, then it's THEIR worry, not yours.

#285462 - 04/14/10 04:16 AM Re: Protect the KB's in/outputs
Dnj Offline

Diki, good points for Florida weather.....and you can stipulate all you want.....but many times you'll be sitting home while another group takes the gig as the client couldn't care less where the band is set up or protected......you want hot?...play outside on an OPEN DECK on an Ocean Liner gig like I did years ago sailing on the Equador to who knows where, Whew!! Only thing hotter was the Bikini Clad ladies on the conga line!!
have fun I hate heat!!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 04-14-2010).]

#285463 - 04/14/10 06:33 AM Re: Protect the KB's in/outputs
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
This may be of some help for those performing outdoors. It's adjustable to any sun angle, but it's not cheap.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online