SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#285450 - 04/13/10 12:07 AM Protect the KB's in/outputs
skude Offline

Many places where I play I have to set up my rig on the floor, no bandstand. This makes the dancing crowd getting very close to my KB. It always worries me that someone will hit the KB and break my in/output plugs. Or someone trying to be funny and uplug or turn off or on while I'm not there. I made this easy on/off protection cover that hides the powerswitch and in/outs. It's made from aluminium and has rubber on the edge that faces the KB.(no scratches) It's fixed to my dobble X-stand by to pins with a kind of sping on. ( not sure what's called in english).I would say you can use this kind of cover for any KB. If you care, take a look at this link: http://www.skude.com/ WARNING. Has pic's of the Audya, If you can't handle that, don't look.
skude

#285451 - 04/13/10 01:03 AM Re: Protect the KB's in/outputs
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Brilliant, Skude, absolutely brilliant...looks pretty darn good too, even on an Audya.

Actually, I think the Audya is a fine looking instrument...very purposeful.

Ian

#285452 - 04/13/10 04:06 AM Re: Protect the KB's in/outputs
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
That looks great, not only for it's intended purpose but also for helping with cable organization (I'm a cable slob). Nice job.

chas

#285453 - 04/13/10 05:32 AM Re: Protect the KB's in/outputs
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Very cool.
Provides a nice place for dancers to place their martinis while dancing.
Eddie

#285454 - 04/13/10 05:59 AM Re: Protect the KB's in/outputs
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Very clever.
You should patent the idea and try sell it back to the keyboard stand manufacture.

With very little effort it could be modified to work at any height the stand is set at.

James

#285455 - 04/13/10 06:04 AM Re: Protect the KB's in/outputs
Dnj Offline

Although that looks nice and a well done job....anyplace I perform without a stage...I always put an 8 foot table in front of me ....Unwatching dancers WILL crash into you....most places here require a 2 million dollar liability insurance policy also....Players Beware

#285456 - 04/13/10 07:44 AM Re: Protect the KB's in/outputs
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Good job on this, well thought out and very professional appearance.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#285457 - 04/13/10 08:08 AM Re: Protect the KB's in/outputs
skude Offline

Thanks guys
I wish I could sometimes put a table or something between my KB and the audience, usually they (owner) don,t let me. And I prefer they putting a drink on the cover instead of on my KB, To narrow for a beer anyway. My Korg O1W "took" a drink while playing, lucky it was one of those strong drinks, a few minutes drying, (to get sober), and on the go again.
You should see my friends G 70 with a raincoat,( beercoat) it's so funny, everything except the keybed covered with transparent plastic. He is gig'n some wild places. If he plays near by I will try to get a picture, You will not belive it before you see it.
skude
skude

#285458 - 04/13/10 08:28 AM Re: Protect the KB's in/outputs
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
skude ... very clever, very useful, and very good looking ... hmmmm, sounds like my wife ...
t.

#285459 - 04/13/10 01:25 PM Re: Protect the KB's in/outputs
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Neat solution, skude. Have to confess, my solution is a bit more low-tech...

I just use right hand plugs for all the connections. Nothing sticks out from under the shelf.

I usually try to specify a raised bandstand as well, then dancers don't crowd you. I've also been known to 'accidentally' knock a drink out of the hand of someone that is waving it dangerously close to my G70! I'll buy them another one if they get mad, but they are usually so drunk they don't realize it was me It's cheaper than a new G70...

My problem down here in Florida is sunshine. Even though I specify a covered stage, sometimes the gig will fail to provide one, and sunlight for even a few minutes KILLS the display and raises the temperature on the top side to about that of a grill! I've actually played a couple of times with a towel covering the entire arranger except for the keys... thank God for the FC-7 pedal. I can do a large percentage of what I need to do in a tune without hitting the panel buttons because of that. But it gave me a whole new perspective on what blind musicians have to go through dealing with modern keyboards! I had to do the same thing once with my G1000, and that was much easier to run 'under the sheets' because there was a button for every function in a place I was VERY familiar with. Touch screens, for all their pluses, have some DEFINITE disadvantages, too...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online