SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#285365 - 04/11/10 07:17 AM For Me: Keep It Simple. Styles and Solo Voices
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Hi Everyone:

After reading the comments and reviewing the changes in the upgraded OS4.0a, here is what is important to me as a professional player.

Styles, Solo Voices and an overall " SOUND " that takes your breath away. For me, this is all that is needed in an Arranger.

The ability to change, edit, modify and tweak the internal makeup of the keyboard is just not that important.

I rely on the manufacturer and their sound engineers expertise to do that.

The musical creativity and enjoyment working just with the styles they provide is really endless.

I personally have done very little with midi files and sequencing. Maybe I'm missing the boat, but I can stay plenty busy just playing along with the styles and getting creative with them.

My biggest disappointment with the release of 4.0 was the fact Ketron didn't include the new styles and the improved solo voices.

I'm sure that part of 4.0a will soon follow.

I know I've posted this opinion before, but I have to give Ketron credit where the real credit is due: The " SOUND " of this machine is just plain " AWESOME "!

You all can continue to discuss, quibble, argue and nit pick about how the guitar accompaniment handles an A flat augmented diminished flatted ninth with an added thirteenth chord all you want!

My packed dance floor and generous applause every night tells me the Audya is doing its job just fine.

Have fun, enjoy your music!

Jim R.

#285366 - 04/11/10 07:35 AM Re: For Me: Keep It Simple. Styles and Solo Voices
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
lol.... Sorry but when I read that I think this.

#285367 - 04/11/10 07:42 AM Re: For Me: Keep It Simple. Styles and Solo Voices
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
LOL...I'm sorry if thats all you can afford to buy.

#285368 - 04/11/10 08:43 AM Re: For Me: Keep It Simple. Styles and Solo Voices
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by NiteLife:
You all can continue to discuss, quibble, argue and nit pick about how the guitar accompaniment handles an A flat augmented diminished flatted ninth with an added thirteenth chord all you want!

Yes, and some people's hearing is sensitive enough for the poor handling of audio guitar parts on complex chords to be bothersome.

It's hardly an issue when the robust and very dominant bass and drums are hiding the flaws in the guitar parts, but it might be an issue if one wants to start off a tune with just guitars, and play complex chords...certainly not a everyday occurrence, but done often enough nevertheless.

I'm still curious if the Audya has separate audio guitar voicings for on bass chords, or do they just continue to play the root and rely on the bass guitar to produce the full and correct chord.

Considering the Audya's high price, the answer to this question may be important for some players.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Audya,

Ian

#285369 - 04/11/10 08:44 AM Re: For Me: Keep It Simple. Styles and Solo Voices
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
lol.... Sorry but when I read that I think this.

Hey, don't make fun of my instrument. After all,
"it meets my needs"
"it's the player, not the instrument"
"it's the singer, stupid"
"I'm getting older now, and need a lighter keyboard to take to the gig"
"except for the yellow, it could pass for a Nord"
"It has the best (easiest) OS"
"it has the best kazoo voice of any keyboard out there"
"I love the built-in speakers"
"I like a keyboard that can match my playing abilities"

and finally..........

"ENJOY WHAT YOU PLAY"

chas

#285370 - 04/11/10 08:50 AM Re: For Me: Keep It Simple. Styles and Solo Voices
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA

Audya II customized for Tony.

chas

#285371 - 04/11/10 02:00 PM Re: For Me: Keep It Simple. Styles and Solo Voices
Tonewheeldude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Yes, and some people's hearing is sensitive enough for the poor handling of audio guitar parts on complex chords to be bothersome.

It's hardly an issue when the robust and very dominant bass and drums are hiding the flaws in the guitar parts, but it might be an issue if one wants to start off a tune with just guitars, and play complex chords...certainly not a everyday occurrence, but done often enough nevertheless.

I'm still curious if the Audya has separate audio guitar voicings for on bass chords, or do they just continue to play the root and rely on the bass guitar to produce the full and correct chord.

Considering the Audya's high price, the answer to this question may be important for some players.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Audya,

Ian

*YAWN*

Nightlife isn't just enjoying it, he is out there making it work for itself and the audiences are the ones that notice the difference between the same old midi stuff and a live band.

Honestly Ian, I spent best part of a day with you on this (which I enjoyed - don't get me wrong), I checked the chords as you asked, posted the findings and posted an MP3 (which you couldn't even be bothered to comment on, other than wanting something different) the progression had many different inversions and complex chords showing how the Audya works in a 'real life' situation.

Its all getting VERY BORING listening to the same old oppinions based on very old demos and comparing chalk to cheese. (you decide which is which)

I am noticing you are quite active in attacking any positive posts and threads about the Audya and jump on the band wagon when there is a negative...is there any reason for this?

you have an awful big oppinion of something you have never even seen.

TWD

EDIT:

To Nitelife, you will love the new sounds and styles which will be coming very soon. One of my favoutite sounds is the Rhodes; working with vintage keys is sometimes a curse because it keeps your benchmark true. But the good thing is when a sound comes along thats just right you know it instantly.

The Hammond and Electric Piano sounds are absolutely the best on any arranger on the market. I can say that with authority as I work with real Rhodes, Wurlies, Clavs and Hammonds. Having the key up sound on the Rhodes was the finishing touch! Its just beautiful.

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 04-11-2010).]

#285372 - 04/11/10 02:26 PM Re: For Me: Keep It Simple. Styles and Solo Voices
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:

Honestly Ian, I spent best part of a day with you on this (which I enjoyed - don't get me wrong), I checked the chords as you asked, posted the findings and posted an MP3 (which you couldn't even be bothered to comment on, other than wanting something different) the progression had many different inversions and complex chords showing how the Audya works in a 'real life' situation.

Its all getting VERY BORING listening to the same old oppinions based on very old demos and comparing chalk to cheese. (you decide which is which)

).]

Sorry my posts bore you, so perhaps it's best you don't read them or reply to them.

I wasn't addressing the last question to you...I realize you posted an MP3 with the guitars but they were a bit hidden by the loud and strong bass and drums.

If you read my question above, you would find that it wasn't anything you answered...I'm still wondering if the audio guitars will play using the root of the chord, or the proper "guitar" bass note when playing an on bass, or slash chord, like C/E, Dm/G...etc. These would be played with all other tracks, including the bass and drums, OFF,

I start several of my songs using just the guitar track in the style, and playing a chord progression like, C...Cmaj7th/B, Am...Am7th/G...F...Fmaj7th/E...Dm...Dm7th/C and so on...the guitar track plays and the guitar chords play the desending root...it works well as an intro, sometimes I leave the string pad track on in the style to flesh it out.

I don't want you to post anything, but I was hoping another Audya player/owner might have kept the original MP3's that were uploaded awhile ago, and featured ONLY the guitar track, and how the audio and midi parts worked together.

My questions aren't meant to put down the Audya, as much as they are based on my curiousity about the Audya's audio guitars actually having different loops for different inversions such as a Cmaj7th loop and a seperate Cmaj7th/B loop.

I couldn't really hear the guitars on your recording, but I do thank you for the effort, and I hope you enjoy the instrument...the concept is brilliant.

Ian

#285373 - 04/13/10 11:59 AM Re: For Me: Keep It Simple. Styles and Solo Voices
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Hypocrite alert... Hypocrite alert...

Who CARES what you want to hear, Ian? You don't give a DAMN what anyone else wants to hear Why should anyone provide you with anything when you are so determined to refuse reciprocity?

And, to the OP, I'm sorry, but saying something packs your dancefloor doesn't really prove a thing. Every single chart act you absolutely HATE also packs THEIR dancefloor! There are MANY times in modern musics and in most older ones too, where guitars, all by themselves (remember, there are probably more bands out there on the charts through the years without keyboards than with, overall) carry the tune. A LOT of today's 'alternative' music is nearly ALL guitar.

The guitar parts, soloed, are going to be used a LOT more than you think they are.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online