SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 >
Topic Options
#285277 - 04/12/10 03:38 PM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Nedim,

You were invited by CMC a long time ago as guest to see and play an Audya before most people. At that time you had a lot of good things to say.

When you are invited as a guest by a company, I would think your comments would be a little more constructive vs destructive.

What did CMC and Ketron do to make you turn on them in such a negative way ?

Is it sound quality ? Styles ?

#285278 - 04/12/10 03:45 PM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
DanO1 Offline

Nedim,

Here are your comments after visiting CMC in New York 02/04/2009. I'm just curious what happened ?

"Now back to start:
This particular Audya that i have in front of me is not a finished model, half of the OS is not there, half of Audio loops,
its around 50-60% of the Final Audya and yet...no arranger has impressed me this much in my life as up to date, NONE.
Hey, thats not a statement, thats only my liking and taste but we are way behind with any existing arranger, forget the
internet guessing and rummors, this is not an Arranger, nor competition to PA2X or T3, this is something else, new,
a begining of a new thing in music. Now, a 50-60% finished machine impressed me more then any existing machine.
God bless me when i recieve the Final Audya and to Lee, yes, it will have a nice EVENT and SAMPLING editor right
on it, on the synth, this aint SD5 or something like that. Ok, the INTELIGENT thing was one of the new things:

KEY TUNES: its a new thing and probably the thing that impressed me the most. It works like this, i'll try simple:
Lets say we have a KMP and on each Key we have a sample of Improvisation of some instruments, like loop,
you hit the key and you hear a nice guitar riff then next key some nice sax solo e tc...yes KMP would do the same thing
but it wont...KEYTUNE does it in a different way...it synchs it with the style and what happens to the sax solo is, if you
change the style the tempo of the sax solo changes, so no matter what key you hit the tempo is WITH STYLE.
In a way like Korgs Pads but not really, this is different its usfeull to me actually more for recorded Audio Solos and Impros.

MIDJAY: thats where the fun starts, as a stupid example, you take a song and you cut it in pieces and you save them as
DJ LOOPS which is MIDJAY file and then, each part at the same time is applied to Var 1 to 4 and also to Fills, Intros and else.
Right away it synchs with style, it can be thrown to a ACC track and you control each part thru variations like the style.
Ok, that might be useless, who would do that with MP3 song, i wont but...a percussion loop or drum loop even audio loop...
uuuuhhhh...gain, simillar to Korgs Pads but still different, in here, when you change Var the Pad changes too, its complex.
Yes, we all know about MidJay but integrated on the Audya is a whole new story now.

AUDIO STYLES: originally and Audya's agenda is to be an Audio Arranger, i mean Audio Controlled, not MIDI notes as any
conventional arranger. I have never EVER heard any better sounding Style then the Audio styles inside it, i hit my head in the
wall, it kills any existing arranger, including PA2XPRO or T3 and trust me, theres hell of a lot of Audio Styles in it.
Every Var next time you come back sounds different, every measure next time you come back is different. AJ was laughing
at me when i wanted to start sampling some of the snares and kicks off the rock styles, i went crazy, deppending on your playing
of the chords thats how the whole style behaves, every few seconds you hear some snare, bass line or something added in the
right time and position to make it sounds better and you never recorded those notes...YAYYYYYYY!!!!!! And the best is, if you
change chords too fast or in particular way, creates its own small FillIns, if you change a var in a wrong time again its own FILLIN.

SUPER SOLOS: or also called RAM INS, Ketron didnt use terminology as SA or SA2, MegaVoices or RX or DNC. Its a new thing,
there is no ASS.SW, everything is controller while playing, if you hit C then F it plays one thing and if you hit C then G is another
control, Velocity, Legato, Staccato, Aftertouch, speed between notes and many other things, those sounds are Amazing, when
i played the Trumpet from RamIns my eyes popped out. RAMINS is actually what we call the SampledSounds, they reside on the
HD, you LOAD them on a separate Bank, save them and when you start same as on the new PA, starts fast with the OS.

UPDATES: the synth has its own conventional ROM and also and HD for everything. After the release the synth will be worked
on for another 2 years, by factory, providing more styles, sounds and different OS, it is an Open Achitecture Synth, anything at
anytime is possible, if someones is willing to do it there is no limitation to this synth, OS, Sounds or Styles.

Those are the 4 things that impressedme the most, there is tonz new things we never used or heard of before but i cant write
whole book or a manual in here. The synths is also not as heavy as i expected, maybe lighter or exact as PA2X or or something.
Now, when it comes to Chord Recognition there was some fuss on here which was wrong, testing an unfinished model.
Every brand has its bad side in Chord Recognition, certain chords that Korg reads Yamaha wont and the opposite, this is the way
it is and we all know that for a fact. On the Audya actually when you change a chord on Audio Styles the riff and style itself changes,
the Guitars or the Bassline sound different like a real band would do. Honestly till today i was very pessimistic and scared about the
Audya.

Back to Audya, after all i said, its not even half, YES, there is secrets and a lot more to come then we know, trust me, therez more to it.
As for final release i cant say nothing, i have no clue but it is going to happen, this time. I dont know, i cant really write everything in
here, certain things i forgot to write...whatever, its not a bad intention writing this on here, i just wanted to share, this baby is coming to
my house nd it will stay there for loooooonnnnnngggg...this is a synth for the next 10 years.

Thanks for reading this."

#285279 - 04/12/10 03:46 PM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
Nedim,

You were invited by CMC a long time ago as guest to see and play an Audya before most people. At that time you had a lot of good things to say.

When you are invited as a guest by a company, I would think your comments would be a little more constructive vs destructive.

What did CMC and Ketron do to make you turn on them in such a negative way ?

Is it sound quality ? Styles ?

I'm sure that's there more to this story than we know. Just before the Audya was released it was nothing but praises and lead people to think how he was also involved with its programming.

#285280 - 04/12/10 04:39 PM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
leezone Offline

my guess, and not my business of course

Nedim, i believe you truly like the AUDYA, it's styles and sounds, better than any other arranger

but i think its KETRON you don't like

whatever the case, enjoy what you buy/use

#285281 - 04/12/10 04:39 PM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
DanO1 Offline

Tony Hughes was a huge Ketron basher and from a customers perspective he had a right to question some of the delay and miscommunication. But now he is happy and thinks the keyboard is 100 times better.

I just don't see how someone can continually talk bad about a keyboard that has under gone a transformation that makes it better than what it was 30 days ago or 1 year ago.

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 04-13-2010).]

#285282 - 04/12/10 08:00 PM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Golly, I do love the Audya sound, but this is quite like Peyton Place. Sorry, a tv series from way back when... full of drama. I couldn't help but say something. Here's to Ketron getting it right.

#285283 - 04/13/10 08:07 AM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Crickets!!!!.......hmmm, I wonder why?

#285284 - 04/18/10 06:00 AM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
Dnj Offline

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/021125.html

How can all OS4 have problems just after its release....when it took such a long time to be introduced? Hasn't Ketron been testing and working out all these OS4 bugs BEFORE HAND ...what gives here? This has to be so frustrating for Audya owners..I Know I'd be so aggravated by this is I owned one. IMO Audya shoud have never been released as to this day UNTIL they PERFECT its operation and make owners go thru this crap Shhhhhhheeeeesh !!! To have so called better Drums & Bass versus all these problems doesn't balance out.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 04-18-2010).]

#285285 - 04/18/10 08:09 AM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/021125.html

How can all OS4 have problems just after its release....when it took such a long time to be introduced? Hasn't Ketron been testing and working out all these OS4 bugs BEFORE HAND ...what gives here? This has to be so frustrating for Audya owners..I Know I'd be so aggravated by this is I owned one. IMO Audya shoud have never been released as to this day UNTIL they PERFECT its operation and make owners go thru this crap Shhhhhhheeeeesh !!! ]

There isn't a single electronic keyboard released either closed or open ended that doesn't have bugs in the operating system. Don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise. Ketron may have allowed more bugs to slip by to release the 4.0 software earlier than they had hoped but in time (unless they go bankrupt or discontinue the Audya), these issues should get worked out over time.

#285286 - 04/18/10 08:53 AM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Ensnareyou:

There isn't a single electronic keyboard released either closed or open ended that doesn't have bugs in the operating system. Don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise. Ketron may have allowed more bugs to slip by to release the 4.0 software earlier than they had hoped but in time (unless they go bankrupt or discontinue the Audya), these issues should get worked out over time.

Don't worry I'm NOT fooled at all....but I feel bad for those who laid out $5000.00 for an arranger KB and have to go thru all this mess and confusion...if a product is NOT ready for release it shouldn't be offered to the public using them as Guinea Pigs...buyer beware I always say.

Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online