SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#285102 - 04/07/10 02:35 PM Lowery, Bohm & Orla move into vacated Wersi headquarters
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#285103 - 04/07/10 02:38 PM Re: Lowery, Bohm & Orla move into vacated Wersi headquarters
Dnj Offline

Bill great news

thanx for the heads up!

#285104 - 04/08/10 08:44 AM Re: Lowery, Bohm & Orla move into vacated Wersi headquarters
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Hi Bill,

Is Orla strictly organs now? At one time they made some fairly good modules XM900, XM 400, ETC. Haven't seen anything new in that line. They were also into reedless accordions as well, a while back.

Thanks for the post,
Don P

#285105 - 04/08/10 10:37 AM Re: Lowery, Bohm & Orla move into vacated Wersi headquarters
abacus Offline

Hi Don P
They do indeed still make Arranger Modules and other instruments http://www.orla.it/ita/products.asp

Bohm also make an Arranger Module http://www.keyswerk.de/de/produkte/silverbird_rack/index.html

Bill

#285106 - 04/08/10 06:04 PM Re: Lowery, Bohm & Orla move into vacated Wersi headquarters
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Bill, is this good news or not? Will any of them continue to make, sell and develop new Wersi's, or are they moving in because in essence, Wersi is GONE...?

Sorry my German isn't good enough to glean the answer from the website.

#285107 - 04/09/10 01:05 AM Re: Lowery, Bohm & Orla move into vacated Wersi headquarters
abacus Offline

Hi Diki
Wersi has been bought by Music store http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/GBP/WelcomePage and we are still awaiting the full details as to the future.

What is known however is that Pegasus Wing will continue, and be built in the Far East and sold through Music store, with the re-launch expected for June? (This is probably the amount of time required since purchase, to set up production and ship to the EU)

OAS 7 option packs are now available again on the Music store website. (Type Wersi into the search box)

The main details can be obtained from the online catalogue (In English) available on the Music store Home page. (Page 2, Paragraph 8 & Page 388)

Other than the above facts, it is pure speculation as to what is going to happen.

Bill

#285108 - 04/09/10 12:01 PM Re: Lowery, Bohm & Orla move into vacated Wersi headquarters
Diki Offline

NOT 'good news' then, I suppose...

That's kind of the problem with 'soft' arrangers and open ones. The software has to be continually upgraded to run newer host OS's, newer VSTi's that HAVE to run on the latest OS of Windows, Linux, bugfixes to older VSTi's and upgrades to them (which are usually only able to run on the latest OS), etc..

Not much different to having a 'closed' arranger, to a certain degree. Windows and OSX and Linux tend to move forward at quite a clip. Once your manufacturer stops keeping up with them, it's not too long before only legacy software will run on your arranger.

I hope you have your Wersi upgraded as far as it can go, Bill... Looks like possibly the end of the line. A sad day.

#285109 - 04/09/10 02:27 PM Re: Lowery, Bohm & Orla move into vacated Wersi headquarters
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Wonder if GEM can be resurrected as part of this conglomerate??

#285110 - 04/10/10 08:38 AM Re: Lowery, Bohm & Orla move into vacated Wersi headquarters
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by donpatt:
Wonder if GEM can be resurrected as part of this conglomerate??

I think the answer is no...

These companies just rented the old wersi factory because of the infrastructure...

Nothing more, nothing less.

And about wersi...

If the new owners can turn the Pegasus wing intoo a fullfledged Wersi OAS with OAA and VSt support then the wersi brand name might even survive.... and finally become a mainstream instrument and a competer to Lionstracs Groove.

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 04-10-2010).]

http://keyszone.boards.net

#285111 - 04/10/10 08:41 AM Re: Lowery, Bohm & Orla move into vacated Wersi headquarters
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Bill, is this good news or not? Will any of them continue to make, sell and develop new Wersi's, or are they moving in because in essence, Wersi is GONE...?

Sorry my German isn't good enough to glean the answer from the website.

I'd hedge my bets they moved in because the production line Wersi had was probably far more advanced than their existing line and they were almost assuredly guaranteed an instant available workforce.

Wersi was bought by another company and its been reported they'll continue producing some of the existing OAS products Wersi has. Being that these instruments all use the same software (although some had variants), I doubt software support or future updates will be an issue. I'm certain design and development will continue in Germany with nearly all instruments or parts used for assembly coming from China, Indonesia, and other parts of the world where labor is super cheap.

Contrary to what many people think China, Indonesia, and India can and do produce many products of exceptional quality for various manufacturers in the US and abroad. Often you won't even know the products parts were made in these countries but assembled elsewhere. What matters most is the QC the manufacturer uses for products outsourced. I know of one manufacturer who has microphones made in China and they reject quite a few due to QC they do here in the USA. Those "rejected" mics get sold to other companies who put their name on them because they don't care that the quality didn't meet certain standards. One manufacturers junk is the other manufacturers TOTL microphone. No joke!

#285112 - 04/10/10 12:52 PM Re: Lowery, Bohm & Orla move into vacated Wersi headquarters
Bachus Offline

Quote:

Wersi was bought by another company and its been reported they'll continue producing some of the existing OAS products Wersi has. Being that these instruments all use the same software (although some had variants), I doubt software support or future updates will be an issue. I'm certain design and development will continue in Germany with nearly all instruments or parts used for assembly coming from China, Indonesia, and other parts of the world where labor is super cheap.
[/B]

A lot of assumptions here

Wersi was not bought by another company...

Wersi went broke..

And another company bought the Name Wersi and their intelectuall property.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#285113 - 04/10/10 02:37 PM Re: Lowery, Bohm & Orla move into vacated Wersi headquarters
Diki Offline

Thing is, once development STOPS, that's the end of the line for a software arranger. There are VSTi's being developed now that won't run on WindowsXP, and some of them don't even run on Vista. Once you lose that OS compatibility, it's game over...

Unless brand new Wersi's are made, where's the profit in developing (at quite considerable expense) whole new OS's for products already sold? Only new product sales would bring in the kind of money that would underwrite that task, IMO.

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 04-10-2010).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online