SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#284743 - 04/07/10 04:38 AM Re: Is pollen a concern for equipment in storage?
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
Your treasured equipment should be stored *covered* in that environment.

Zipper bags, boxes, toad cases, in a pinch, large plastic trash bags can protect your gear from dust, moisture and even pollen intrusion.
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#284744 - 04/07/10 08:44 AM Re: Is pollen a concern for equipment in storage?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Years ago we had a problem with two species of ants here in the People's Republic of Maryland--sweet ants and carpenter ants. We tried everything we knew to keep them out of the house, but nothing, including a very expensive exterminator program, worked. Then I tried a diluted solution of Avon Skin So Soft, sprayed it around the foundation, and that was the end of the ants. Apparently, ants, and many other insects, breath through their thorax. The vapor from Skin So Soft was such that when they approached it they could not breathe. Been using it every spring since then and the problem has been solved--bugs are gone.

Unfortunately, we now have a problem with squirrels, which eat everything in site, especially if the item has some sodium content. The only thing that repels squirrels is lead fired from a rifle or shotgun barrel. Just a few years ago I had my car's brake line gnawed by a squirrel, which damned near caused an accident. I put on the brakes and they went to the floor. The mechanic showed me where they had been gnawed through. We've also had wiring, plastic gas cans, gas can caps, flower pots and a host of other things gnawed by those nasty tree rats. I'm sure that if your keyboard were stored in a garage, shed, etc.., that was not squirrel proof they would eat the damned thing down to the keyboard stand.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online