SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#284598 - 04/05/10 07:42 AM Michel Voncken
Bachus Offline

While back on road home from visiting my parents in the most southern part of the Netherlands, we stopped over at the keyboardcentrum in Eindhoven where this Wellknown Yamaha demonstrator was doing a Demo.

And beleive me, he makes sound the T3 like the ultimate arranger keyboard. It sounded heavenly while being connected to a great PA.
But then this man is probably one of the best demonstrators of keyboards in the world.. Being a great mussician, having a great singing voice, being an entertainer, knowing his keyboard inside out and having slick salesman skills.

I need to say that i spend over 2 hours just listening to this mans playing skills in a cozy little shop, with no more then 15 people listening to him, as said.. he almost made me wanting a T3.

I also had the chance to ask some questions..

Why is there no 76 key version of T3 or S910?
-Noboddy wants to buy them

Will there ever be another 76 key arranger from Yamaha
-There is currently no 76 key model planned in the PSR series.

Why is there such a huge price difference between S910 and T3?
-S910 is comparable to T2 and the big difference between T2 and T3 is the SA2 voices. And then he started demonstrating some SA2 voices, and they sure sounded sweet.

Will there be a new Motif any time soon ?
-I don't know much about the Motif.

So far my questions and my answers.

So why did i enjoy this demo so much? Mainly because Michel Voncken loves his job and the awesome music he can make with these instruments, and that shows in everything he does.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#284599 - 04/05/10 07:58 AM Re: Michel Voncken
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Bacus,
I have got to agree with you,I have seen Michael both in live demos and once in Concert hearing and.Watching your tube videos is no comparison with this Guys charisma and skills when seen live.

Gilbert.

#284600 - 04/05/10 08:03 AM Re: Michel Voncken
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
WOW! I wish I could have been there.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#284601 - 04/05/10 08:09 AM Re: Michel Voncken
Dnj Offline

Any pics....videos...etc,......sounds like you had a great time!! I guess he proved theres no need for a 76 key arranger to make great music.

#284602 - 04/05/10 08:59 AM Re: Michel Voncken
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
And there's no need for a 61. Micheal could make a 45 note arranger sound better than most of us here. But how would you feel if he did that, and others used it as an excuse to put down YOUR choice of keyboard size?

I've seen Michael playing 88 note CVP's, too. So, basically, he's easy on the ears with ANY size keyboard. And a lot more open minded about it than SOME here...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online