Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#284306 - 04/01/10 06:55 AM Re: Welcome Back, Donny
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Well, the first one sure LOOKED like a quiche

So, what IS it? Looks scrumptious, whatever you want to call it.

And sadly, my part of the country, Olive Garden is about as Italian as it gets! (which is why I wouldn't know what the pie is!).

http://www.dougshaw.com/essays/ogfeedback.html

#284307 - 04/01/10 01:54 PM Re: Welcome Back, Donny
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Didn't say I actually EAT at OG (even I'm not that desperate!), just that that is all that represents Italian cuisine here in the Panhandle...

#284308 - 04/01/10 02:52 PM Re: Welcome Back, Donny
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Didn't say I actually EAT at OG (even I'm not that desperate!), just that that is all that represents Italian cuisine here in the Panhandle...

Good for you ...
I have had people tell me that they go to OG because the bread sticks and the salad are good ... HUH?!?!? ...sorry, but I'm not going to ANY restaurant only because the bread sticks and salad are good ...
t.

#284309 - 04/01/10 02:56 PM Re: Welcome Back, Donny
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Well, at least now we know what brought down the Roman Empire; Italian cooking .

BTW Tony, since we haven't heard you gasping for air, I have to assume that you were not adversely affected by all of the terrible flooding that seems to have ravaged parts of RI. In any case, you and your family, be safe.

chas

It wasn't the cooking chas ...
The Italian cooking is what kept them going, doing the things that led to the fall ...

Actually, I've had no problem other than the fact that the golf course was pretty wet today ...
I had meant to ask Steve how he made out, because he lives in or at least near one of the areas that was pretty badly hit ...
Thanks for asking and for the good wishes, chas ...
t.

#284310 - 04/01/10 03:07 PM Re: Welcome Back, Donny
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
I
I had meant to ask Steve how he made out, because he lives in or at least near one of the areas that was pretty badly hit ...

t.

Tony,

We're OK in the hills of Western Cranston, just a few miles though you're right it's a mess.

#284311 - 04/02/10 01:23 PM Re: Welcome Back, Donny
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
On the subject of Catholic cuisine...

Each Friday night after work, Bubba would fire up his outdoor grill and cook a venison steak. But, all of Bubba's neighbors were Catholic, and since it was Lent, they were forbidden from eating meat on Friday. The delicious aroma from the grilled venison steaks was causing such a problem for the Catholic faithful that they finally talked to their priest.

The Priest came to visit Bubba, and suggested that he become a Catholic. After several classes and much study, Bubba attended Mass, and as the priest sprinkled holy water over him, he said, 'You were born a Baptist, and raised a Baptist, but now you are a Catholic.

Bubba's neighbors were greatly relieved, until Friday night arrived, and the wonderful aroma of grilled venison filled the neighborhood. The Priest was called immediately by the neighbors, and, as he rushed into Bubba's yard, clutching a rosary and prepared to scold him, he stopped and watched in amazement

There stood Bubba, clutching a small bottle of holy water which he carefully sprinkled over the grilling meat and chanted: You wuz born a deer, you wuz raised a deer, but now you is a catfish..

Buona Pasqua!

#284312 - 04/02/10 06:39 PM Re: Welcome Back, Donny
tony mads usa Offline

t.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online