SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#284243 - 03/30/10 07:33 AM My question is----
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Why all this obsessing over this obscure instrument the Audya? Every time I come on this forum it seems like there's three new threads about this thing. I read some but it gets boring. It does this, it doesn't do that. Why don't they upgrade it? etc.etc. Why? because no one is buying them!!! It's getting really old. BUY IT ALREADY tell us about "the music" you can make on it or forget it.
IMHO its too damn expensive for a gigging musician, no stores will carry it so you can't see/hear it, and god forbid you need service. Can you get it from a company that may disappear any minute.? The big guys are struggling and offer a multitude of products. What chance does a tiny company like Kentron have to keep producing upgrades or new models?.
I lean towards Roland stuff and I can't even see/hear a GW8 or any of their new amps. Sam Ash, Guitar Center, nothing. I can't wait till my next visit and ask "So where's the Audya? What! you never heard of Kentron"? I'll have my cellphone camera ready to record the salespersons weird look and I'll post it. Or maybe I'll just get their back as they walk away shaking their head.
Lets talk about more real world stuff like music (remember that?), gig experinces, user reviews of stuff that most will actually buy and use, (thanks to those members for their very useful write ups on the BA330 and GW8/Prelude, much more info than I could get from a store) and helpful tips for our fellow working musicians to help keep them WORKING.
There's a need for info on studio setups too but lets face it, that would just center on new software.
No offense meant but lets get back to real world stuff.

OK, I fell better now-------- HA!

Bill in NJ

#284244 - 03/30/10 08:30 AM Re: My question is----
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Lewis:
OK, I fell better now-------- HA!

Bill in NJ

I feel better just hearing you say it.

chas

#284245 - 03/30/10 09:28 AM Re: My question is----