SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#284066 - 03/30/10 01:22 PM Re: Dealer info from Musik Messe (Yamaha)
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
All I'm saying is... point me to where these mythic free TOTL styles are. Even when stripped down to basic drums and bass, there's a level of quality, of natural flow of the variations, of professionalism in the fills, of inventiveness in the groove, of usefulness in general for many many songs (not just the one it is aped from) that separates professional styles from amateurs' ones.

Add in any of the other parts, and the difference becomes greater and greater, until you get to where we are with user styles in general now. There's ALREADY a huge 'open' network of style creators for closed arrangers by users. And, in fairness, they fail almost completely to equal those that come from the manufacturers' pro teams of style builders.

If these style makers can't make great styles for a closed arranger, what's going to make them any better on an open one? Just as buying an open arranger isn't going to make you a better PLAYER (no-one's crazy enough to suggest that, are they? ), buying an open arranger isn't going to make you a better style programmer, either.

I'm sorry, but pie in the sky promises should not persuade ANYBODY that there MIGHT, maybe, possibly, next year in Jerusalem, be a large library of quality styles available for the MS. Let's not fool ourselves... the reason there is such interest in Yamaha and Ketron software style players for the MS isn't because there's such a huge selection of great styles ALREADY available, is there?

You know, now and again, a few FACTS go a long way to making your arguments for you. Tell you what... when there IS a large selection of quality styles made by users available for the MS, let's talk about this subject again, OK?

Until then, file it under 'pipe dream'....

#284067 - 03/30/10 01:41 PM Re: Dealer info from Musik Messe (Yamaha)
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
The idea is that the community produces and shares the styles for free... Its a Linux system and exactly thats the core of the linux world.... Sharing...

Sad thing is that Yamaha, Roland and Korg treat keyboard players like little children by still selling the same old junk after all these years and not having any innovation at all in their systems.

They try to use as cheep hardware as possible to make as much money as possible.

James has shown that you can import styles and adjust them quite easilly to get some freaking good results... everyone can do that and then share their results on the web.

Korg, Roland and Yamaha old junk and no innovation? Yea right.
At least my Korg PA500 is a lot cheaper then the MS and the styles sound right and is absolute no old junk.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online