SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#284056 - 03/29/10 11:05 AM Re: Dealer info from Musik Messe (Yamaha)
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
We've all heard the basic sounds and styles, Magica...

That's WHY the emphasis is on third party sounds and styles (and even style PLAYERS) Nobody WANTS what it comes with

It comes with whatever you want it to come.. Just give style developers another year and there be killerstyles available...

People have finally got faith in Medastation because its now a very stable system and thats the 1st thing needed to start 3rd party and enthousiasts style development.

Qranger is the most versatile style engine available on the planet, and it keeps only getting better.

The glove is now with the community to develop those styles... Its the modern way of thinking that Diki can't addapt too

http://keyszone.boards.net

#284057 - 03/29/10 03:26 PM Re: Dealer info from Musik Messe (Yamaha)
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Style developers are first going to have to work out a way to get PAID for their work. One of the primary motivations with 'open' keyboards seems everybody's willingness to go out and steal whatever styles, sounds, loops etc. they want to use. I know nothing about cracked VSTi's in Linux, but I would bet heavily that that is a consideration, too.

You honestly think the cream of the style makers are going to put much work in making styles that better the VERY sophisticated ones in TOTL closed arrangers if, after the FIRST one is sold, they pop up on the torrents and goodbye money?

All the excitement about the Yamaha and Ketron style player software shows EXACTLY what people think about the quality and quantity of the included styles... And unless Dom pays the GOOD style creators for content to be included, you are going to HAVE to do all the work when you get your MS, and it is likely to bump the price up considerably, if he wants to not lose money on doing this in the small numbers (comparatively to Yamaha) he sells the MS in...

If I were Dom, I'd be looking at bombproof copy protection for included Lionstracs styles and sounds, or it's going to be a tough job getting third party style makers to spend a fortune developing loop based styles when they know they will be pirated immediately.

You see, in a way, even closed arrangers are 'open' For years now, anyone COULD make styles for them, with sufficient time and talent. But look at what has actually happened... Hardly ANY user created styles that are of the quality and professional sound as the ROM ones. I think this basically shows what you are going to be looking forward to, should your plan of action be to wait this mythic year (that has always been a 'year' since the inception of the project) for the users to provide the content in the hippy trippy delusion of a grand 'open' user base of suddenly competent style creators.

Sometimes I just think the MS is the equivalent of the 'flying car' we were all promised in the fifties. SEEMED like a good idea, someone was always trotting out a prototype, but when reality began to impinge on the dream world of it's inventors and proponents, suddenly it became a pipe dream. ONLY top pros have been able to create top styles aside from a TINY handful out there. Just because the MS is 'open' isn't going to change that fact in the slightest. And unless top pro style makers can get their money for making them from YOU (rather than from the manufacturer, which is what happens in the case of closed arrangers), what on earth is going to persuade them to make them? Altruism? The warm glow of having created something to 'share' with the world out of the goodness of their hearts?

Yeah, right...

If these guys don't churn 'em out for free for the closed arrangers, what makes you think they'll suddenly do it for the open ones..? They want to get paid for their labors, just as you don't want to play gigs for strangers for free. Or are we all thinking that some kind of utopia is about to break out? 'From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs'...

Where have I heard THAT line before..?

#284058 - 03/30/10 01:15 AM Re: Dealer info from Musik Messe (Yamaha)
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Oh Diki you’re starting to sound like Tony (Sorry Tony)
Users that buy the Mediastion KNOW that there are no TOTL on-board styles and that they will need to create their own or convert other styles. (Why is it you have great difficulty understanding that you are not the centre of the universe, and just because you want something, there are plenty of others that don’t want what you want?)

An Open Keyboard has missing features that you find essential, fine, don’t buy it, but don’t keep telling everyone that because you are not happy with what it provides, everybody else should also be unhappy with it. (You views are not a default standard for a keyboard; they are purely “YOUR” personal opinion)

Regards

Bill

#284059 - 03/30/10 02:37 AM Re: Dealer info from Musik Messe (Yamaha)
Magica Alfa Offline

Diki
Old story. You need to chnage your LP.

We all know how good is your G70

#284060 - 03/30/10 06:32 AM Re: Dealer info from Musik Messe (Yamaha)
Diki Offline

All fine and dandy, but until ONE of you guys start to show us that you CAN make styles that even come CLOSE to what a good closed arranger has on board, it's just a pipe dream, isn't it? Unless, of course, you have some perverse desire to make music with crappy styles, so that you can say you did 100% of it yourself...

I don't get it, I really don't... What is it about the thought of purchasing an open keyboard that somehow persuades seemingly normal people to delusions of grandeur? Face facts, guys. If you haven't ALREADY produced a library of top notch styles for your existing closed arranger, what on EARTH gives you the impression that you suddenly will develop these extraordinary skills now?

What's next? Maybe you think you can sample your own TOTL soundset to go along with those TOTL styles? Isn't just MAKING music hard enough? You really got that down so cold, that you are looking to start a new career..?

#284061 - 03/30/10 06:34 AM Re: Dealer info from Musik Messe (Yamaha)
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Magica Alfa:
Diki
Old story. You need to chnage your LP.

We all know how good is your G70

And we've all heard how bad your MS is... Your record is just as stuck, Magica, don't try to fool yourself.

#284062 - 03/30/10 07:36 AM Re: Dealer info from Musik Messe (Yamaha)
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
All fine and dandy, but until ONE of you guys start to show us that you CAN make styles that even come CLOSE to what a good closed arranger has on board, it's just a pipe dream, isn't it? Unless, of course, you have some perverse desire to make music with crappy styles, so that you can say you did 100% of it yourself...

I am afraid that when i can let you hear an awesome mediastation style you'd be sking for 10 more, and when i can let you hear 10 top quallity styles, youd be asking for 100 of them.. and when we have a Mediastation with a few hundred top styles, you'd be asking for 1000's of them..

A good community can develope some 100's awesome styles in less then a year.

#284063 - 03/30/10 08:35 AM Re: Dealer info from Musik Messe (Yamaha)
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Diki
The point is that not everyone wants all these all singing all dancing styles (I know I certainly don’t, just like many others) as they just get in the way of playing, (Just look at the number of posts from users where they say I normally just use Bass and Drums, or simplify the style to suit the song)

As I said previously, “You are not the centre of the universe” so don’t moan just because other user’s requirements are not the same as yours.

Regards

Bill

#284064 - 03/30/10 08:36 AM Re: Dealer info from Musik Messe (Yamaha)
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
A good community can develope some 100's awesome styles in less then a year.

I think Diki's point is that Roland, Korg, and Yamaha can produce 100's of 'awesome' styles 3 seconds after you open the box.

And cheaper.

chas

#284065 - 03/30/10 08:48 AM Re: Dealer info from Musik Messe (Yamaha)
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
[b] A good community can develope some 100's awesome styles in less then a year.

I think Diki's point is that Roland, Korg, and Yamaha can produce 100's of 'awesome' styles 3 seconds after you open the box.

And cheaper.

chas[/B]

The idea is that the community produces and shares the styles for free... Its a Linux system and exactly thats the core of the linux world.... Sharing...

Sad thing is that Yamaha, Roland and Korg treat keyboard players like little children by still selling the same old junk after all these years and not having any innovation at all in their systems.

They try to use as cheep hardware as possible to make as much money as possible.

James has shown that you can import styles and adjust them quite easilly to get some freaking good results... everyone can do that and then share their results on the web.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online