Audya?
Audya5?
Audya4?
Audya0?

#283757 - 03/26/10 08:56 PM Re: NEW...AUDYA 5 ON KETRON WEB SİTE
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Diki
Exactly...so why is Yamaha so damm stubborn on NOT having a 76 key Tyros?

Politics.

And I'm 1 of many here in the US that are sick and tired of corrupt politics.

And, that's exactly why I don't have a Tyros anymore.

Lee S.

#283758 - 03/27/10 07:40 AM Re: NEW...AUDYA 5 ON KETRON WEB SİTE
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
If Ketron keeps the price of the Audya4 at a respectable level e.g. $1,500-$2,500 they will sell like hotcakes in my opinion. Although since they're a very small business with very few employees I don't think they will go that route. Instead, I think we'll probably see the Audya4 priced at around $3,500-$4,000 and they'll hope and pray that they sell a 'hundred' or so units for the entire year. First of all they don't have the manpower to mass produce keyboards or modules (or anything) and where they're niche lies is producing arranger modules that nobody else will touch and producing highly sophisticated 76 key arranger keyboards to rich people like DonM who they hope will take the bait. Pretty expensive lure huh Don? lol

So Ketron takes it time rolling out new products every 5-6 years or so because their R&D isn't excessive like Korg, Roland and Yammie's are and when a product is released the overhead is so high Ketron has no other choice but to stick it to the consumer hoping there's enough rich people on planet Earth who can shell out the big bucks like DonM can, etc.

I like Ketron really, but there are so many other choices on the market at roughly half the price that to me it really doesn't make much fiscal sense to pay twice as much for a product when I can get a similar piece of equipment for around 50% less and it's comparably equipped to boot. I dunno... maybe it's just me.

OTOH, the Audya4 is unique in that nobody else makes an arranger module - that I'm aware of anyway. That fact alone is potential gold mine for Ketron because there actually is a viable market for arranger modules, in my opinion, and Ketron has seized on that opportunity. But since all companies consider their bottom line as the 'top priority' and because Ketron's overhead is substantial when you factor in labor, R&D, small sized company, etc., that somebody has to take the fall and that someone is the consumer unfortunately. Even though I am very interested in the Audya4 I also realize Ketron is probably going to price it well above what I would consider it's real "value" is, and consequently, I will be compelled to say no and will have to pass on it. I'm not trying to dissuade anyone else though of course. Go for it! I would too if it was in the 'first' dollar range I listed above. I'm realistic though and realize Ketron isn't interested in reaching cost conscious consumers like me. They want to use that shiny new lure to attract the biggest fish in the 'monetary sea' and there's quite a few big fish out there of course. I'm sure they're gonna "hook" a few right?

If they happened to price it at $1,500-$2,500 Ketron's net would probably start to break apart as they hauled in their 'massive' catch of Audya4 buyers. Alas, my hope vanishes as I suddenly awake and realize my dream... was just a dream.

All the best,
Mike

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online