SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#283728 - 03/26/10 08:40 AM Re: Best Current Microphone Contenders???
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#283729 - 03/26/10 08:44 AM Re: Best Current Microphone Contenders???
gcbin Offline

Loc: Huntington, Indiana USA
[QUOTE]Originally posted by keysvocalssax:
[B]so i guess nobody else knows what the "slowness" problem of the D5 as seen by the reviewer who likes the Audix means? so maybe
there is no such thing as "slowness"?????

I am the fella who posted that link on mic reviews. My intentions were good, but now I kinda wish I had not. Sitting here feeling kinda foolish for posting the link, I just did an extensive search on this mic, and could find nothing else referring to any "slowness", and nothing but positive reviews. (Maybe the author of the article works for Audix).. I think I would trust the opinion of users on this forum who have actually worked with a particular piece of gear. Heck, I think I am ready to pick the D5 myself and try it out. With a voice like mine, I need all the help I can get!
Gary

#283730 - 03/26/10 08:48 AM Re: Best Current Microphone Contenders???
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I've also used a D5, and I have found it to be a bit boomy or bass heavy. You really need to buy them and try them on a job, if it's what you like great, if not keep it for back-up or sell it off on Ebay.

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#283731 - 03/26/10 08:56 AM Re: Best Current Microphone Contenders???
gcbin Offline

Loc: Huntington, Indiana USA
Quote:
Originally posted by BlkNotes:

Hello GCbin;

What made you select the Audix OM6 over the OM7. Do you find the strong off access sound rejection and sensitive proximity
effect diificult to become accustom to?

Thanks
BN

Never tried the OM7. The OM6 was recommended by a friend. As to your other question...No problem here. Gary

#283732 - 03/26/10 09:17 AM Re: Best Current Microphone Contenders???
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by keysvocalssax:

also would like to mention that i bought the lowest-price mic in Sam Ash (bottom-end Samson)
to use for guest mic at my open jam. it's amazing how good that mic is. everyone so far
likes it better than the vintage SM58 i had before.

I use the Samson R11 for guest mics. It's great, has low handling noise, has a switch too. A lot of proximity effect, but you just don't boost the bottom end. I've used it myself and it's very good. Best thing is the price; you can find them for $20. apiece.
DonM

#283733 - 03/26/10 11:15 AM Re: Best Current Microphone Contenders???
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The proximity effect is another area of mike response that buyers should think about. They all vary, and a lot of what makes your decision for you depends on how you (or whoever is going to use the mike) actually use the mike. Particularly for 'guest' singers, you see vastly different mike to mouth distances, often varying wildly for the same person!

So a mike with as little proximity effect will keep things more consistent. While we, as pros, may be aware of mike technique, many others are not. A mike with the best feedback rejection, and with the least proximity effect is often the best choice for others sitting in...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online