SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#283522 - 03/17/10 10:09 AM Musik messe arranger news...
Bachus Offline

I got some inside information today from an old friend that used to work for GEM in the Netherlands and has still many friends in the arranger buiseness..

As to what to expect at the musik messe he got all excited. He could tell me that there would be new arranger stuff presentated by Roland, Korg and Ketron and that there would be a new brandname entering the arranger market that would make a huge impakt on the total market.

Just tought i's share this with you, sadly he could not give anymore information as he didn't know much more himself.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#283523 - 03/17/10 10:15 AM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
... and that there would be a new brandname entering the arranger market that would make a huge impakt on the total market...

That's interesting (news?) info. Time will show.

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#283524 - 03/17/10 11:00 AM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland

#283525 - 03/17/10 12:17 PM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
leezone Offline

new arranger brandname?

i doubt that VERY much

only time will tell

#283526 - 03/17/10 12:25 PM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
leezone Offline

800EX

2 things:
i hate arranger with speakers
i wish he played the damn thing on the videos

hope AUDYA61 DOES NOT have speakers (like SD5)
but it's OK, my AUDYA module won't have speakers, hopefully...

#283527 - 03/17/10 12:28 PM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
new arranger brandname?

i doubt that VERY much

only time will tell

I am more excited about Roland, will they finally present a new TOTL arranger.

The new brandname could very well be a software based arranger in a hardware box like Lionstracs, or maybe it is lionstracs with its new Groove....

Lionstracs is still very much unknown with the masses.

We'll know in a 10 days or so

#283528 - 03/17/10 12:32 PM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
some people love the speakers leezone like me. It makes no difference when you are gigging to a lrage audience as you will use external speakers but when you are grabbing a quick 30 minutes because inspiration just hit you or you are playing for a small audience the speakers vome into their own. The korg speaker system is really very accurate.

#283529 - 03/17/10 01:03 PM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I can't wait to see the new Bontempi TOTL arranger. ;

Tom

Tom

#283530 - 03/17/10 01:11 PM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Pa800ex seems to be a minor upgrade...at first glance, it seems to me that it could be done via software upgrade (except for the silver color). Even the touch screen looks no better than the 800. They are saving on production costs by using the same form factor as the 800 and a change in color. (I do prefer the blue 800).

I could be missing something from the limited info here, but if it's as minor an upgrade as it seems, I don't feel too bad about my recent purchase of a used 800.

We'll see and hear soon.

[This message has been edited by CoasterTim (edited 03-17-2010).]

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#283531 - 03/17/10 03:03 PM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
miden Offline

Loc: The World
If you all remember, Ian Mc mentioned ages ago that Casio were possibly moving into the arranger field in a pretty big way.

Seems like he may be correct...

#283532 - 03/17/10 10:17 PM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Perhaps Korg have developed a new set of samples to leverage the DNC abilities..?

It seems the logical step. I've felt that Korg really need this, as what they have now is basically like a Tyros's SA abilities, but none of the SA samples. A well crafted set of sounds that show off the DNC capabilities (and a PA2exPro) will put them head to head with the Tyros in a way they aren't quite, at the moment...

I sure hope Roland don't come out with new TOTL arrangers to reignite my GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome ). I just bought a spare G70, dammit! I'm betting on more down market stuff, though, or an Atelier for the remaining rich sheiks out there!

It will be interesting to see what Casio are up to. The PSR series sits with little competition in its' niche. That's the likely market that Casio will go after...

After the yawnfest of NAMM, looks like finally a little excitement

#283533 - 03/17/10 10:58 PM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
leezone Offline

Diki,

since i may get the AUDYA Module,
would you be interested in a 3rd G-70?

#283534 - 03/18/10 01:37 AM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
spalding1968 Offline

the PA800ex is not an upgrade. Its simply a Pa800 geared towards the eastern market.

#283535 - 03/18/10 02:23 AM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Don’t know about arrangers, but Roland has announced a hardware and software upgrade to the Atelier range, (Which sales wise just continues to go from strength to strength) however it will be interesting to see if it can be retro fitted (At a cost) like in the previous range. (The US really lost out the last time, as Roland US and the dealers (Unlike other parts of the world) refused to do the upgrade, and you could only get it by trading in your old Atelier for a new one)

Korg may bring out the PA2x with 61 notes and internal speakers, just like they did with the previous PA1x Pro, PA1x range. (It seems strange that they haven’t already followed the formula that worked well with the last range)

#283536 - 03/18/10 02:33 AM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
Diki Offline

I thought the PA800 basically WAS a PA2Xpro with a 61 and speakers? To at least a large degree...

#283537 - 03/18/10 03:54 AM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
spalding1968 Offline

it was diki but there are some major differences in terms of physical layout (the sliders/physical drawbars and assignablility of sliders ) and sampling capacity. No such difference existed between the PA1x and PA1Xpro. I dont understand Korgs thinking behind this. I am waiting for the PA4X if and when it arrives.

#283538 - 03/18/10 07:09 AM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
the PA800ex is not an upgrade. Its simply a Pa800 geared towards the eastern market.

But it also has functions that we dreamed of on a regular PA800...and the regular still dont have them.

#283539 - 03/19/10 07:29 AM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
EM2000 Offline

Loc: Europe
you dont have rights to post in this forum.

c/p - somebody please translate to rest. i know translation because i got this text from friend of mine.

Its from bosnian/serbian to english,...

Quote:

Ma ono su stoka od ljudi, ne dolazite vi tamo i neznate sta se desava, jedan od
najruznijih foruma je gde najvise argumente i postoje, ima jedno 4 budala koja
su tu svaki dan samo pisajuci gluposte, posebno ljudi kao DNJ, MIDEN, DIKI,
LEEZONE i jos nekoliko 2-3, i uzivo kad smo se upoznali isti su bili.

Quote:
To o vezi pravilnika o reklamiranja i nije bas tako, ima forume na na koje mozete
to raditi, jedan od tih je i SZ al to je ipak bezvredan forum, sastavljen od nekoliko
staraca...upoznao sam vecinu onih seronja kad idem na ove Ketron shows, to je sve
iznad 60 godina sto nema blage veze o nicemu, citav se dan izlezava i pise na forumu.
Kakve su tamo bile frke joooooojjjjjjjjj.........

#283540 - 03/19/10 10:09 AM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
Nedim Offline

Firstly i wanna apologize in his name for hijacking peoples threads on the forums
same as he did in here: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51187
and here: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=322710&highlight=#322710
and in many other forums and posts, here started doing it here now.,
popping up on any thread with my name in it, it is a guy who promised he will
do this to me long ago and now i will translate this, no need for anyone else,
i said it and let it come out of my mouth again:

Line 1: They are no good people, you guys dont come there and dont know whats going
on in there, its an ugly forums filled with arguments and there is like 4 stupid
people always posting stupidity or same thing over and over...except few like
DNJ, MIDEN, DIKI, LEE and few others. They were the same (meaning nice)
even when i met them in real (meaning when i met Lee, Stephen and few others).

Line 2: The rules of advertising are different on forums, SZ doesnt require any but its still
a nonsense forum from few old people who have nothing better to do, i met few
of them on some shows they are all old people aht keep posting all day.
You should see all the BS that goes on in there.

Now, i want him to also find when was this posted on the forums where he got
from...why, i will explain only after he does so, but i want him to post the date when
i wrote this on the original forum when it was written, it will make more sense.
No friend of his gave this to him and he exactly knows what it means.

And i apologize to all the members for saying few of the things above since that is
written way over a year ago i think, when i first came here when i had a little argument
with someone here about MRSound, i think it was Lucky2BThere. As you all know
that was in my fisrt few posts on this forum when i started, since then i grew here
and things changed but what he is doing is not fair, look, he hijacked the whole
thread instead of just opening another one. He can continue doing this and i will
not respond again to his provocation, i did so today here and on KF just to let him
know that i see his posts cuz i usually just ignore them and will coninue to do so.
It is a personal matter between you and him which he decided to drag it all over
the forums and no, it is not an unsitisfied customer, there is none like that yet at leat.

Please keep in mind that none of these 2 languages is my fluent, English or Serbian
above, in both i can missexpress my self and when translated will be or sound Horor.

I am sorry again

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 03-19-2010).]

#283541 - 03/19/10 10:11 AM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
Nedim Offline

As you can see in here: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=322710&highlight=#322710
after i responded to the person needing help he comes out of nowhere in the thread posting
and quoting from other threads just to hijack for no reason at all.

#283542 - 03/19/10 10:31 AM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
EM2000 Offline

Loc: Europe
Very good, that was my whole point,...

your apologies are accepted, at least from me.
if you continue to behalf nice and friendly you will be, i hope, more than welcome here and on any other forum

very nice of you!
good luck.

#283543 - 03/19/10 10:51 AM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
Nedim Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by EM2000:
Very good, that was my whole point,...

your apologies are accepted, at least from me.
if you continue to behalf nice and friendly you will be, i hope, more than welcome here and on any other forum

very nice of you!
good luck.

I will say to you, you are noone to welcome me, there is others here to do that and have
been doing that for long time, i have friends here too, they dont all hate me.

#283544 - 03/19/10 12:34 PM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
AFG Music Offline

farfisa wil be there, with 2 new arrangers:
http://www.farfisamusic.it/

#283545 - 03/19/10 12:51 PM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:

This was their #1 version cutting edge once
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hypONIxcDg&feature=related

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 03-19-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#283546 - 03/19/10 01:33 PM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:

Farfisa just makes toys, nothing professional,I would buy a replica of a Compact Deluxe in a heartbeat which is one of my favorites of all.

#283547 - 03/19/10 03:00 PM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
Tonewheeldude Offline

At one time Farfisa were really progressing. I loved the F1 and G7.

#283548 - 03/19/10 03:23 PM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
At one time Farfisa were really progressing. I loved the F1 and G7.

The F1 was great, had a hard time deciding between F1 and WX2 (GEM) i choose the GEM but still think the Farfisa was great too.

After that they got in decline

#283549 - 03/19/10 03:57 PM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
some people love the speakers leezone like me. It makes no difference when you are gigging to a lrage audience as you will use external speakers but when you are grabbing a quick 30 minutes because inspiration just hit you or you are playing for a small audience the speakers vome into their own. The korg speaker system is really very accurate.

I also like the on board speakers for home use ...

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
If you all remember, Ian Mc mentioned ages ago that Casio were possibly moving into the arranger field in a pretty big way.

Seems like he may be correct...

A former technics player who purchased a new Casio (not sure what model) said the OS was very much like the technics, and he had heard that some of the technics 'techs' had gone to work for Casio - could it be ?!?!?
t.

#283550 - 03/19/10 05:06 PM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
Tonewheeldude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
A former technics player who purchased a new Casio (not sure what model) said the OS was very much like the technics, and he had heard that some of the technics 'techs' had gone to work for Casio - could it be ?!?!?
t.

Robert Messier (Audya programmer) was a programmer for Technics on the KN series. The demos on the KN7000 are him.

#283551 - 03/19/10 07:40 PM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
Nedim Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
[B] Robert Messier (Audya programmer) was a programmer for Technics on the KN series. The demos on the KN7000 are him.

I hear that from somewhere but was he really a Technics programmer too?

#283552 - 03/20/10 02:21 PM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Radikal Technologies is releasing a brand new 5 Octave (61 key) synthesizer at Frankfurt Musikmesse. It will be the companies first keyboard synthesizer and it will include an arpeggiator and a sequencer. So this may be the new company people are speculating about.

It will be interesting to see what Roland has up their sleeve. If a G70 successor is released I will no doubt splurge and get one if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg (and a second mortgage ) that is. And it has 76 keys of course. I think it will because the G70 was a fairly good seller for Roland whereas the E-80 tanked big time from what I understand. And the E-80 was 61 keys of course - and weighed a metric ton if I'm not mistaken. lol hahaha

Only a few more days to go till blastoff. Fasten your seat belts everyone... varrooommmmmmm! Meet you there! Online that is. If any of our members go in person please gather as much info as you can and report back here immediately, if not sooner. First hand reports are always preferable and we're counting on you to get the goods don't you know. Thanks.

All the best,
Mike

#283553 - 03/20/10 02:27 PM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
Tonewheeldude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
I hear that from somewhere but was he really a Technics programmer too?

Yes he was, he told me that Technics approached him after hearing the work he was doing for the distributor in Canada. He worked for Technics right through the KN series until the sad end.

Because he is a professional style writer too, he has a unique way of playing. Where most people play a melody line (or chords if the sing), Robert will play counter melodies or full accompaniment parts on the fly. He will even play full drum solos on the keyboard!

#283554 - 03/22/10 01:30 PM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Diki,

since i may get the AUDYA Module,
would you be interested in a 3rd G-70?

I think two is enough, but if you have an SRX-07 card, I would be interested in that. I'm using one in my gig G70, and need another in my backup to make working on new tunes and compatibility of backup identical. I have an SR-G01 I would be willing to swap straight out for it (which might make the G70 more easy to sell...).

#283555 - 03/24/10 11:36 AM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
So, what actually happened to the new arrangers? It seems that only Ketron released new products.

#283556 - 03/24/10 11:47 AM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
Diki Offline

'Messe only started today... takes a while to get the press material out there.

#283557 - 03/24/10 12:28 PM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
I was just hopping to see finally something impressive from Roland in terms of TOTL arranger, but I think they would have posted it under news on RolandUS already.

#283558 - 03/24/10 12:57 PM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
For Roland
http://www.roland.co.uk/articles/default.aspx?a=10688&c=3

Roland official YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/RolandChannel

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 03-24-2010).]

#283559 - 03/24/10 01:27 PM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
Bachus Offline

Roland has nothing new for us arranger people, so i guess Roland is really out of this part of the music buisness

No arranger news from Korg either...
Yamaha only showed some cheeper new models, nothing interesting there
Nothing new from Wersi
Lionstracs was not attending.

So i was fooled again

Only news is from Ketron but they are still using the same old hardware as core of their new Audya 4 and 5. And we still have no clue about the changes in OS4.

#283560 - 03/24/10 01:45 PM Re: Musik messe arranger news...
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Boo hoo,
no new arranger.

Unless they don't show it straight away.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online