SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#283098 - 03/12/10 08:12 PM I need a conversion software to convert from ra to mp3
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I am looking for a software that will convert from Real Audio (.ra)to MP3 Files. Are there any FREE programs that will convert the complete file and not just part of it from ra to mp3?
I did all my recording in RA for several years so I have a lot of them. I would also like to convert the real audio files to wav files to put them on cd's.
Appreciate any good info.
Best to all,
Bebop Bill

#283099 - 03/12/10 08:26 PM Re: I need a conversion software to convert from ra to mp3
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

#283100 - 03/12/10 09:04 PM Re: I need a conversion software to convert from ra to mp3
BEBOP Offline

thanks Fran,
I DL and gave it a try but it only wants to work with RM files with RM codecs, and not RA files.
I just figured out how to do this using my RA player and Cakewalk Pro Audio V9.0 to do the recording and then save to MP3 or Wav file.
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 03-12-2010).]

#283101 - 03/13/10 06:39 AM Re: I need a conversion software to convert from ra to mp3
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Bebop
Real Player SP (The free one) will do it for you, as well as converting many other files. (Including YouTube, which you can directly download with Real Player SP)
Hope this helps

Bill

#283102 - 03/13/10 09:07 AM Re: I need a conversion software to convert from ra to mp3
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Hi Bebop
Real Player SP (The free one) will do it for you, as well as converting many other files. (Including YouTube, which you can directly download with Real Player SP)
Hope this helps

Bill

I have the free one version 10.5 but the convert under tools is grayed out. How do I activate this feature in this player?
thanks for your help,
Bebop Bill

#283103 - 03/13/10 10:29 AM Re: I need a conversion software to convert from ra to mp3
abacus Offline

Hi Bebop
Go to My Library and create a new playlist
Add the files you wish to convert to the playlist
Right click the file(s) you wish to convert and click Convert to
In the new Window, Click the Convert to button and select what you wish to convert to (Clicking on details will allow you to adjust the settings)
Choose where to save and click Start
Hope this helps

Bill

#283104 - 03/13/10 11:37 AM Re: I need a conversion software to convert from ra to mp3
BEBOP Offline

I had to update to the sp free to get the convert window to even open and it does not work stating the file does not have the correct codecs.
Bebop

#283105 - 03/14/10 01:49 AM Re: I need a conversion software to convert from ra to mp3
abacus Offline

Hi Bebop
Are you blocking Real Player SP free from accessing the internet at all, as normally if a codec is missing it will go online (It will ask first) and download the appropriate codec.
If you check for an update option, you will normally be presented with all different types of formats to download, and it is quite safe to download and install all of them. (Ignore the ones you have to pay for)

If you still get problems with codecs, then this site should provide all that you need http://www.free-codecs.com/

NOTE: If you also have other players installed (Apart from the big 3) check to make sure these are not blocking Real Player. (I just have WMP, Real Player SP and QuickTime installed (Free versions) and apart from the odd HD file can convert anything)
For serious video editing, I also have ULead Video Studio, but to be quite honest I very rarely use it, as the free ones do pretty much all that I need.
Hope this helps

Bill

#283106 - 03/14/10 10:38 AM Re: I need a conversion software to convert from ra to mp3
BEBOP Offline

I added real player to firewall exception list as well as the converter. No change.
I have not been getting any blocking messages
I try to convert and get popup stating File Parsing error. Codecs required for this imput file processing are not found.
The music files info states that it is:
audio codec 16kbps music - high response (real audio 3.0) 11025kz.
I wonder if I should delete and reinstall the entire program??
thanks,
Bebop

#283107 - 03/14/10 02:23 PM Re: I need a conversion software to convert from ra to mp3
abacus Offline

Hi Bebop
A reinstall may well solve the problem, as the error message indicates a file corruption, however it may be the files themselves that are damaged, so make sure they play back fully in Real Player to confirm.
If the above fails, do a disk check on all your drives (Select automatically fix) just in case it is the Windows file system that has become damaged.
Hope this helps

Bill

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online