SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#282895 - 03/09/10 01:30 PM Re: Tyros 3, Tyros 4, and Pa800
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
The only current 76 note arrangers available are the Audya, the Korg PA2XPro, and the Mediastation.

At least those looking for a 76'er have a great choice.

Ian

#282896 - 03/09/10 01:52 PM Re: Tyros 3, Tyros 4, and Pa800
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
The only current 76 note arrangers available are the Audya, the Korg PA2XPro, and the Mediastation.

Ian

+1

#282897 - 03/09/10 01:59 PM Re: Tyros 3, Tyros 4, and Pa800
Bachus Offline

Quote:

Ian

Lets see from the major 4 ...... and their latest TOTL arranger...

Korg PA2x 76 keys
Roland G70 76 keys
Ketron Audya 76 keys
Yamaha T3 61 keys

Home players have enough with 61 keys, performers often prefer 76 keys. Yamaha is solely concentrating on the home players. But they somehow seem to forget that those homeplayers want the same instrument as the pro's ... or preferably the 61 key version of the 76 pro version.

The only reason i can think of that Yamahe does not produce a 76 version is because that would Conflict with their own DGX portable grand range...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#282898 - 03/09/10 02:31 PM Re: Tyros 3, Tyros 4, and Pa800
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Lets see from the major 4 ...... and their latest TOTL arranger...

Korg PA2x 76 keys
Roland G70 76 keys
Ketron Audya 76 keys
Yamaha T3 61 keys

I was under the impression that the G-70 was discontinued (at least in the UK)...
http://www.roland.co.uk/products/productdetails.aspx?p=656

Maybe Roland has perceived the 76 note arranger market as rather too small to bother with anymore?

That leaves only the Audya and PA2XPro as current 76-note arrangers.

Ian

#282899 - 03/09/10 08:05 PM Re: Tyros 3, Tyros 4, and Pa800
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It looks like Roland think the ENTIRE arranger market isn't worth the bother any more, at least all but bottom price budget stuff...

And if any DGX had a FRACTION of the capabilities of even an S910, they'd have no-one complaining. But they still refuse to put a TOTL, or even MOTL arranger ENGINE in any affordable, portable 88, let alone a 76.

I never have understood, when Yamaha have shown the capability to basically dominate arranger sales in the 61 arena, why they choose not to finish of the beast. You have your competition by the jugular, you don't let him slip out your grasp and find a niche market that allows him to survive...

#282900 - 03/09/10 08:43 PM Re: Tyros 3, Tyros 4, and Pa800
Bachus Offline

Quote:
I was under the impression that the G-70 was discontinued (at least in the UK)...
http://www.roland.co.uk/products/productdetails.aspx?p=656

Maybe Roland has perceived the 76 note arranger market as rather too small to bother with anymore?

That leaves only the Audya and PA2XPro as current 76-note arrangers.

Ian

Its still their latest TOTL arranger... even if discontinued..

Seems like Roland left the TOTL arranger market, and is only producing some budget stuff and no more TOTL arrangers.

Anyway Yamaha is still the only company NOT producing 76 key arranger keyboards.

And espescially the older folks overhere in europe are so used to 61 key formfactor that they do not even bother looking at 76 key music station. But the younger people do.

So whats the difference between the older and the younger... Older people come from home organs, younger people addapted a more piano lie playstyle and so prefer 76 keys most of the time.

#282901 - 03/09/10 08:51 PM Re: Tyros 3, Tyros 4, and Pa800
Diki Offline

Actually not, Bachus. The E80 was about two years younger than the G70 (and yes, I know it's not a 76! But it WAS the TOTL). Reports vary depending on country whether the E80 is officially discontinued or not... They ARE hard to find, though.

In the meantime, these things are VERY durable, bombproof almost A good condition used one is probably little different from showroom condition, except maybe $2k cheaper...

#282902 - 03/10/10 12:30 PM Re: Tyros 3, Tyros 4, and Pa800
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Actually not, Bachus. The E80 was about two years younger than the G70 (and yes, I know it's not a 76! But it WAS the TOTL). Reports vary depending on country whether the E80 is officially discontinued or not... They ARE hard to find, though.

In the meantime, these things are VERY durable, bombproof almost A good condition used one is probably little different from showroom condition, except maybe $2k cheaper...

I have to agree with you on that... forgot about the E80, maybe because i liked the G70 so much more

Still think its a pitty Roland left the high end arranger market for now.

#282903 - 03/10/10 11:26 PM Re: Tyros 3, Tyros 4, and Pa800
Diki Offline

I started to see the writing on the wall when Roland didn't simply pack the E80 in a G70 case and sell it as the G80... That, at least, would have kept the product line ticking over with minimal re-tooling, got a few people to upgrade from G70 or bring in a few from other companies.

E80 had three times the MFX insert effects that G70 had, twice (or is it 3X?) the SRX slots, lyrics for styles display (G70 only has lyrics for SMF's), .BMP graphics output for displaying lead sheet images, and an upgrade gave it MP3 playlist capabilities. It had a lot more samples from some premium SRX boards (while it lost a few Sound Canvas oldies that were in the G70 for legacy compatibility), two separate Mastering FX sections, one for style/smf, one for keyboard side (stopped getting crispy on the keyboard side from ducking the accompaniment) and many other fixes and additions (fixed velocity for Parts for organs and old-school synth sounds e.g.).

If they had JUST put that in a G70 case and fixed a couple of niggles, I MIGHT have gone for it, I'm sure many G-series fans would have gone for it, and it would have addressed a bunch of 'missing feature' naysayers from other camps. Why Roland couldn't be bothered to do this escapes me...

But their departure from the MOTL and TOTL areas seems to have decided upon at LEAST three years ago, when the E80 wasn't repackaged as a G...

Anyway, I'm glad they never informed anybody... it kept the used prices of TOTL Roland's down Now, they might be collectors' pieces... the LAST Roland high end arrangers EVER (glad I've got TWO! )

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online