Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#282742 - 03/06/10 09:25 AM Re: Leezone Better Deals in USA
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
I think you are close to getting an Audya, come on tell the truth. Miss a few mortgage payments and you get one, you will soon catch up.

Tony,
I've been ready for it since I sold the SD1, but Audya did never come out before long after the
date we where told it would be.

As I said before, it's not the money, they are made to be used, but I refuse to feel like ripped
off when a deal is closed, specially when the gap is as high as we see comparing to the rest of
the world.

If buy a car, diesel oil, gasoline, a bottle of iqueur or sigarettes here, we know what make the
high prices, BIG HEAVY tax rates, but who in h*** put the money in pocket when we buy Audya.
Dealers? If so, why are'nt T3 and PA2X Pro priced higher compared to other countries as well?

Anyway, I'm eager to get one, maybe buy it via Denmark, but not before we see the reports when
OS4 shows up and what goodies and fixes to come. Also I agree in what said in other tread, the
production of addon styles and stuff does not impress me much.
Frankfurt is just a couple of weeks away, lets see what that bring ..........

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#282743 - 03/06/10 09:44 AM Re: Leezone Better Deals in USA
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
The price difference in Norway has probably something to do with the fact that Norway is not a member of the EU. However, they probably have some trade agreements established with the EU, but the consumer will still pay a higher price.

#282744 - 03/06/10 09:55 AM Re: Leezone Better Deals in USA
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi GJ
If your converted prices of the T3 and PA2x are correct, then in Norway they are approximately £1000 - 1300 more expensive then the UK.
If you compare price for price on most things, you will also find that they are considerably more expensive in Norway then in the UK.

Bill

#282745 - 03/06/10 10:51 AM Re: Leezone Better Deals in USA
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Perhaps you might consider what a small company Ketron is, compared to giants like Yamaha and Korg and Roland... Even though they are all based in Italy, YK&R benefit from synth engines and sample libraries developed by their parent companies in Japan. That drives down production costs bigtime, something that Ketron are unable to do...

Economy of scale makes a HUGE difference...

And, don't forget, you aren't comparing apples to apples. It's not like PA2, T3 or E80's can play audio loops as part of the basic OS. If they could, then perhaps we would be justified in expecting the Audya's price to be in line with YK&R. But as it stands, until the Big3 come out with arrangers with similar capabilities, Ketron stand alone. Not only the more expensive arranger because of capability, but also because of cost of production...

#282746 - 03/06/10 11:38 AM Re: Leezone Better Deals in USA
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Yes, in Norway prices are generally high compared to others. But that's not what bother me here
because that is something we're used to live with.

To say it in another way, why is'nt the price differences similiar when compare other keyboards
of other brands? The gap between what we pay here and i.e. USA or UK should be just as big in
percentage regardless of what brand/model if no other reasons are to find.
Looking at SD5, and back to SD1, the gap is/was similiar as between other brands sold in other
countries, but the gap between Audya and the other brand/models who are soooo much higher here
than rest of the world, that's what I have problems to find any reasonable good reason for.

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online