mc Offline

Loc: New York

#282683 - 03/04/10 11:15 AM Re: Ketron Audya on Ebay
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
Ketron Audya............

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ketron- Audya-76-ke...=item2305c038ff

Diki, Leezone Comon bargin basement, only one left, as new , few few knocks dumps and bangs, OS3, must be seen and heard. I thought they were only going on ebay in the UK, we have started a trend. This is a bargin it's got a backup disk that's worth 4600$ alone.

Regards

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 03-04-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#282684 - 03/04/10 11:24 AM Re: Ketron Audya on Ebay
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Hmm... "bankruptcy liquidators" is the seller. So, somebody bought an Audya and then turned around and filed for bankruptcy shortly thereafter and decided to sell the Audya through bankruptcy liquidators I reckon huh? We all know the Audya is astronomically priced 'sky high' and this could be a warning to potential Audya customers that if you buy an Audya you might 'lose your shirt' in the process and end up having to sell it anyway.

Oh the joy's of owning an astronomically priced Arranger keyboard huh? Thoughts of bankruptcy will be looming in the back of your mind when you're playing it. GREAT! lol

All the best,
Mike

#282685 - 03/04/10 11:25 AM Re: Ketron Audya on Ebay
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Not looking for one, Tony. Still haven't exhausted my G70's possibilities (takes me about ten years to tire of an arranger!)...

I still have serious reservations about the Audya's capabilities, but that doesn't preclude me from enjoying the SOUND of it. I think I'm going to skip this generation of loop playing arrangers, and wait for the technology to mature a bit and perhaps become more affordable.

The only thing I've got serious gearlust for at the moment is the Nord line. And even THAT, in these troubled economic times, I am able to control my spendthrift ways..

But if anyone has a used Nord Electro Rack they want to get rid of cheaply.... (hint, hint!)

#282686 - 03/04/10 12:33 PM Re: Ketron Audya on Ebay
skude Offline

Must be a really good buy. Looks like you even get the Ketron Top Secret backup DVD. The one that all Audya owners would like have, but no one knows were to get. As Tony says, just the dvd must be worth the price. Could be the one (DVD) that was shipped from the factory to Ketron US, but ended up in the FBI HQ, somebody stole it????
skude

#282687 - 03/04/10 12:41 PM Re: Ketron Audya on Ebay
Diki Offline

Can't for the life of me figure out why the Ketron community here hasn't simply ripped the DVD copy that, as long as ONE owner has it, you ALL have it...

Or why Ketron don't post it on their site, for people with broadband to d/l and burn their own copy. To be honest, if times weren't so tight at the moment, at that price point I MIGHT have got it, knowing I could probably turn it around without a loss, but things are pretty slow down here until the season kicks in.

Trouble is, I got a sneaky feeling that, if I plonked down the money, I might start to enjoy it so much (all reservations aside) I wouldn't be able to let it go...

#282688 - 03/04/10 12:49 PM Re: Ketron Audya on Ebay
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Can't for the life of me figure out why the Ketron community here hasn't simply ripped the DVD copy that, as long as ONE owner has it, you ALL have it...

Or why Ketron don't post it on their site, for people with broadband to d/l and burn their own copy. To be honest, if times weren't so tight at the moment, at that price point I MIGHT have got it, knowing I could probably turn it around without a loss, but things are pretty slow down here until the season kicks in.

Trouble is, I got a sneaky feeling that, if I plonked down the money, I might start to enjoy it so much (all reservations aside) I wouldn't be able to let it go...

Diki,

You can make you own but it takes hours to do, also USB 1 won't handle leaving it running during the night it trips up and crashes, you need to backup in chunks of about 300MB max. You couldn't do it on Tinternet the system files alone are huge.

Cheers Diki

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#282689 - 03/05/10 04:57 AM Re: Ketron Audya on Ebay
Diki Offline

Sorry, but over here in the land of cheap broadband, I have no problem downloading GB sized files fairly quickly. Plus, my Mac doesn't seem to be worried about sitting there for hours, if necessary, downloading its' brains out!

Firewire has it's uses - my Mac is a pretty old one, stuck with USB1, too - but the Firewire interface is zippy fast!

Actually had one download from a fast server come in at well over 1MB/sec I remember the old dialup 28.8 baud days. Yikes! "And you tell that to the kids of today, and they don't believe you"...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online