SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#282611 - 03/03/10 03:30 PM Re: Ketron Audya My Slant
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Montunoman, from your post it looks like you think the Audya is made in Europe and the Korg in Japan? They are both made in Italy.
I differ with Dan O with one of his points. Throughout all the years I've sold Solton and then Ketron products I've asked the owners of the company from Italy to lower their prices once the product has been on the market for several years. This has never happened. I have asked them to get competitive with other similar products and there has always been the same reply. I do agree with Dan about the company being small and costing more to be in business but I also think the market share could be bigger if they would stay competitive when the market conditions demand it. In these recessionary times I'm not selling nearly as many high end arrangers as keybaords under $1,600.00 and Ketron isn't even a player at this price point and lower. For that reason I am pleased to see Korg and Yamaha continue to improve their entry to mid level products and especially Korg who has recently looked at the market and lower the price of some of their PA products (PA500 and PA500oriental).

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566 www.kayesmusicscene.com

[This message has been edited by George Kaye (edited 03-03-2010).]
(Retired 2021)

#282612 - 03/03/10 03:51 PM Re: Ketron Audya My Slant
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Chas...forget this topic..

Did you get the 1204's?

Well, what do you think?

Fran... have you ever seen the 'New Topic' button on the main forum page?

Or do we all have a new program of hijacking every Ketron thread (like they have hijacked many themselves) until they get the point and just go away? Not a bad plan, but maybe we should have started six weeks ago?

Maybe we should wait and see. I have a feeling that Tony's blood just came down slightly off the boil (though it is still simmering ), and perhaps some reasonableness might be starting to return to SZ...

I'm still waiting for someone locally to buy a pair of Podium's so I can LISTEN to them. I don't want to be bothered with ordering, auditioning, then returning anything. Podium need to move away from online sales and get some out to the DEALERS...

Fair enough?

#282613 - 03/03/10 04:18 PM Re: Ketron Audya My Slant
Tonewheeldude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
If someone was just to step up and say yes it is worth the extra £1700.00 they know why, they are the experts on this, now’s your chance.

I already did, but it was largely ignored.

If you can't hear (for example) the difference between the regular tich..tich..tich of a midi cymbal and the subtle changes of the real thing its all a little pointless going into details.

Some people can't hear the difference between an old Korg BX3 and a real Hammond B3. There is no point in trying to convince those people which one is the best. If you can't hear it you can't..its not your fault.

TWD

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 03-03-2010).]

#282614 - 03/03/10 04:56 PM Re: Ketron Audya My Slant
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Yo Fran. Haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll go for the two speaker thingy at 419.99. Seems to be the same speaker and I can use the savings to buy a pair of speaker stands. Diki, time to come up for a visit after the Podiums arrive. You can check out the Nord, 802's, 1204's, Edirol mixer, Traynor K4, Fantom G7, all at the same time. Now, back to the topic. Where did the 1700.00 go? I'd guess, for a bottle of fine Italian wine, an Armani suit, and a 'thank you' note addressed to Tony from Ketron.

chas

#282615 - 03/03/10 07:03 PM Re: Ketron Audya My Slant
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
I agree with Dan01 - very well put.

To be picky though, Point #2 isn't strictly true as there IS a Physical difference between the PA1X and the PA2X (a matter of some centimetres shorter and 1-2 Kilos lighter, and I believe there is Differing Materials used - a wood grain finish etc) but no doubt Ketron is a Company that needs to charge more because of the other reasons already outlined by Dan....

To me, I'd count myself lucky to own either one too!

Are you complaining or BOASTING in this thread Tony? lol

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#282616 - 03/03/10 08:37 PM Re: Ketron Audya My Slant
Diki Offline

It's strange, as there are some that 'claim' to hear incredible improvements in arrangers that cost a fortune (hint - starts with a W, ends in a -ersi ) over more normal priced arrangers that I certainly can't hear, and when pushed, insist it must be due to the degradation an MP3 imposes on their supposed amazing sound....

But here is someone with a VERY expensive arranger that claims to NOT be able to really hear the 1700euro difference between it and regular priced arrangers. And he's got one in his living room! Me, I can HEAR the amazing sound even in a web MP3 (which aren't the excuse everyone's looking for) as clear as daylight.

Maybe that thread about hearing bats' frequencies should be revised to includes lower tones...? Maybe down to, oh, say 200Hz!

#282617 - 03/03/10 09:26 PM Re: Ketron Audya My Slant
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
Montunoman, from your post it looks like you think the Audya is made in Europe and the Korg in Japan? They are both made in Italy.
I differ with Dan O with one of his points. Throughout all the years I've sold Solton and then Ketron products I've asked the owners of the company from Italy to lower their prices once the product has been on the market for several years. This has never happened. I have asked them to get competitive with other similar products and there has always been the same reply. I do agree with Dan about the company being small and costing more to be in business but I also think the market share could be bigger if they would stay competitive when the market conditions demand it. In these recessionary times I'm not selling nearly as many high end arrangers as keybaords under $1,600.00 and Ketron isn't even a player at this price point and lower. For that reason I am pleased to see Korg and Yamaha continue to improve their entry to mid level products and especially Korg who has recently looked at the market and lower the price of some of their PA products (PA500 and PA500oriental).

George,

Yes I think every knows that Korg is made in Italy and I think your whole reply as a dealer puts a different slant on it and I think you are right, IMO Ketron could reduce it's price,but perhaps not handle the extra production, they know what they can handle. Perhaps this is the best Arranger out there, but out of the price bracket of most serious players, if that is the case then it's sad.

Regards

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 03-03-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#282618 - 03/03/10 11:36 PM Re: Ketron Audya My Slant
Diki Offline

I think Ketron could only DREAM of being unable to keep production up with demand...

This is NOT a cheap keyboard to produce, and the styles probably cost a heck of a lot more than regular MIDI styles to produce. Expecting it to be competitive with sinpler, higher volume arrangers is unrealistic, IMO.

Yes, I agree with George that allowing the same margin on Ketron's that other manufacturers allow would make a lot more dealers sit up and take notice (which would get a lot more players to be able to try them), but when all they have that is competitive is their TOTL über-expensive flagship, it's a tough row for ANY dealer to hoe...

Ketron appear to be content with the die-hard market they have in Italy, Portugal, etc., but if they want to break into the US in any significant way, they are going to have to trickle down their audio loop technology to something a bit cheaper, and make styles specifically for the US market as a priority.

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 03-04-2010).]

#282619 - 03/04/10 01:52 AM Re: Ketron Audya My Slant
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Rule 1:
Buy what “YOU” want, not what somebody else wants.

Rule 2:
Get used to the fact that not everyone is like “YOU” (Hence all the different comments)

Rule3:
Don’t take comments personally, as it is purely “THEIR” personal opinion. (There is no right or wrong about it)

Rule 4:
Enjoy life and enjoy what you play, as it’s for “YOUR” personal enjoyment.

Rule 5:
Don’t moan about something if you make a mistake, just move on. (Nobody’s perfect)

Bill

#282620 - 03/04/10 07:35 AM Re: Ketron Audya My Slant
Tonewheeldude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Rule 1:
Buy what “YOU” want, not what somebody else wants.

Rule 2:
Get used to the fact that not everyone is like “YOU” (Hence all the different comments)

Rule3:
Don’t take comments personally, as it is purely “THEIR” personal opinion. (There is no right or wrong about it)

Rule 4:
Enjoy life and enjoy what you play, as it’s for “YOUR” personal enjoyment.

Rule 5:
Don’t moan about something if you make a mistake, just move on. (Nobody’s perfect)

Bill

I think that needs writing in a Stone Tablet and placing at the top of every SZ page

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online