SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#282309 - 03/01/10 09:29 AM Re: Wersi abacus demo dance live
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Then !!!!....Now I need to put back all those dance styles that I delete.

#282310 - 03/01/10 12:41 PM Re: Wersi abacus demo dance live
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
My parents would buy those awful things. I guess it was the only way they'd get some 'alone time', as I would run from the room screaming every time they played them!

Mind you, there's an infamous 'lift' from one of them (some strings version by the Andrew Oldham Orchestra of Rolling Stone's 'The Last Time') by the Verve that went to #2 on the UK and #12 in the US, called Bitter Sweet Symphony, that they lost pretty much ALL the money from because, although they HAD licensed it, they were shown to have used 'too much' (quite a lot of it, actually!) and sued for plagiarism...

So maybe we shouldn't knock them THAT much!

As to raves, I'm afraid you only tend to 'get' them if you are on the same drugs that the ravers are on... Just as our parents couldn't 'get' LSD inspired music, it's tough to understand the whole rave thing until you've experienced it the way the ravers do (I haven't, BTW. I'm too old to start another bad habit!).

I know MY generation looked pretty 'mental' at Woodstock

#282311 - 03/01/10 12:44 PM Re: Wersi abacus demo dance live
jazzhooves Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
As the man responsible for the video, I completely agree. The wersi is very poor in the backing area. This demo was not a "Dance" demo as such but a demo of the "Dance" style.
I do know what good dance music is and this is not it, BUT you do what you can with what you have.

The wersi is an organists instrument, not for dance music!
Having said that, still no news as to what is happening at the Wersi factory!

#282312 - 03/01/10 01:36 PM Re: Wersi abacus demo dance live
Magica Alfa Offline

I can say that is nice demonstration WERSI. BRAVO

The right name for demonstration is party dance. But please trancers, dancers of 90 and 00 wrc. This is total different planet. We know that today are different solutions of new tracks. I know that also WERSI is possible to make this kind of music.

I like Diki's response. He is having every time to say some "nice" words. Where are your demos Diki?

#282313 - 03/01/10 02:34 PM Re: Wersi abacus demo dance live
Diki Offline

I've put up enough at R-A.com that everyone can get a basic idea of what my G70 and my playing sounds like. More of the same isn't really necessary, IMO. I've posted sufficient to make my point.

You might try Googling Micheal J Thomas's album City Beat to hear some of my commercial work. Most of the keyboard tracks are G70 except strings, I think. Rhythm section is real, though. Just like I like it!

But I still stand by my comment about the Wersi video being an organist's interpretation of 'dance' music. It's great playing, Jazzhooves, but I am convinced that the same style, with some tweaks to reduce the reverb and bump the drums up to REAL dance levels, and some more adventurous lead sounds (after all, if you can play VSTi's on the thing, there's a BOATLOAD of cutting edge lead sounds out there) would show off the Abacus to its' full potential.

In modern music, the devil is in the details...

#282314 - 03/01/10 02:46 PM Re: Wersi abacus demo dance live
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Chas, when have you been to a hardcore DJ performance?

You really need to experience this dance phenomenum in first person to understnad wht this hype and hypnotic does to ones brain..

Its all about harmony, it goes back to or ancient roots of wardrums in ancient africa... there is a reason they call it trance...

I don't care for dance music much at my home or in my car, but when i go out its an awesome thing to visit these dance festivals overhere in Holland... Tiesto and other dutch top deejays really know how to get people intoo trajnce for sure, and its way more fun then dancing Foxtrot or walse, its an emotional thing...

Sometimes music needs to be simple to succeed, its another version of the 3 chords rule... simplicity rules...

Got it. So here's my plan. I'm going to finance my own concert featuring the PA1X playing the most boring USER pattern from the previous generation KB, making sure the BPM is at least 160 or above, that no more than two chords are used, that the variation is never changed, that no fills or breaks are used, and that the strobes are synced to the midi clock. This will all be happening as I read a few verses from 'The Raven' by Edgar Allan Poe through the biggest, loudest, PA system available. I will wear my normal attire which should be enough to make me sufficiently weird to the 18-25 year olds that will be my target audience. I will pass out a 'joint' and a candle to each paying customer and we will guarantee that no one leaves without permanent hearing loss.

If this works out, I'll be sending future posts from my private jet with 'I....LOVE.....ROCK & ROLLLLL...' blasting in the background.

chas

#282315 - 03/01/10 06:48 PM Re: Wersi abacus demo dance live
124 Offline

Chas! Go for it, dude! You'll be HUGE! Er . . . maybe not.

#282316 - 03/01/10 07:08 PM Re: Wersi abacus demo dance live
Diki Offline

Wrong drug to hand out at a rave, chas Who can listen to 140bpm when stoned..?

If you want a more relevant comparison, remember the fifties and its' love affair with uppers, dexies, and fast, insanely fast bebop? Our grandparents, from the scotch and swing generation probably looked at our parents doing that (well, OK... at least MY generation's parents ) with exactly the same puzzlement. Who can dance to THAT? Bird and Dizzy (got that last name right!) spinning it out faster than anyone ever had... Hip beatsters snappin' their fingers. Hep, baby!

Thing about rave music is, just like rap, it all SEEMS simple until you try to do it. Then the dancers (or lack of them) let you know EXACTLY how far off base you are..! If you don't understand it, don't critique it (at least, that's what I told MY parents when they heard the Rolling Stones ).

And the wheels keep on turning...

#282317 - 03/01/10 07:40 PM Re: Wersi abacus demo dance live
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Check out Sister Bliss playing the KORG Trinity live and one of the biggest Dance songs of all time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1sxd3Z9lvc

Now that's what I call HYPER cool. Used to play this tune live myself back in my younger wild days. The crowd always went mental.

James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 02-28-2010).]

Yes Faithless make great Dance Music. My all time favorite dance song is from the 90's by DJ BoBo called Everybody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0JrmT3FjBE

[This message has been edited by FransN (edited 03-01-2010).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online