SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#282116 - 02/24/10 06:54 AM Guitar Center called, pissed at me
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I got a call yesterday and the Caller ID was from a Guitar Center in New Jersey. The caller never said his name and was very short and rude.

He asks," Do you have a PSR-S910 in stock?" I said, yes, How can I help you, and where did you hear about me?

Because I try to take care of forum people better than complete strangers.

So he starts barking out what's your price, and have you ever sold one for this price?

I knew he probably had a customer there that got a great price from me and was trying to get Guitar Center to do the same.

I told him I sell my products at a price I decide, and its all according to each and every person at a individual case by case situation.

He again asked price, and I finally said full MAP.

He sounded happy and satisfied.

I HATE GUITAR CENTER!!!

#282117 - 02/24/10 07:35 AM Re: Guitar Center called, pissed at me
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
DITTO Frank on hating GC and to think I had to deal with them until you came along and saved all our butts from the Wrath of Big Biz!!!

You be da man!! Thank you!

#282118 - 02/24/10 08:05 AM Re: Guitar Center called, pissed at me
mc Offline

Loc: New York
We should start a facebook page, I hate Guitar Center!

The one by me is always empty, never has anything in stock and their customer service / sales rep suck!

#282119 - 02/24/10 08:25 AM Re: Guitar Center called, pissed at me
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
mc, do you live in Fort Myers too?

#282120 - 02/24/10 08:27 AM Re: Guitar Center called, pissed at me
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Want a cheap spare part for your keyboard? Who gets right on it and orders it the next day for you? Frank!

What do you think my chances would have been at GC?

#282121 - 02/24/10 09:12 AM Re: Guitar Center called, pissed at me
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Let me say that while I have had limited dealings with Frank, I would NEVER HESITATE to deal with him and recommend others to do the same ...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mc:

The one by me is always empty, never has anything in stock and their customer service / sales rep suck!
[/QUOTE

I have to say that I have been in the GC near me a couple of times, and while their kbs are 'wanting' - like 'wanting more - the place always seems pretty busy, and it looks like they have a lot of 'stuff' in the store ... of course I don't know if the people in there are actual customers, or just 'kids' making a lot of screeching noises with guitars - there CERTAINLY is a lot of that going on ...

t.

#282122 - 02/24/10 10:28 AM Re: Guitar Center called, pissed at me
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
A store is just the vehicle we use to get where we want to go..

The driver (sales people) are the important factor..and if the "driver" is also a mechanic (product knowledge}..you have a winning combination..

I deal with GC as well as SamAsh and all the independent stores as well..

I know the personnel..and who I can deal with at a fair mutual price point..

I know the store managers in all the area stores and have a good relationship..

I ask if they can or would sell for a certain price (I know wholesale prices)..and always allow 10-15 percent marks in my offers..

There are good folks in the stores ..you just have to find them (sometimes we have to train them.. )

DanO is a perfect example ..when he was with GC...He had control over the pricing in his expertise (keyboard department)...and created a market that GC would not have if it wasn't for his efforts..

I have a "DanO" type in just about every chain store here...

When ever possible..I do give Independent store owners my business..or the first refusal to sell at a price I want to pay..

I also would suggest buying from Frank in the east...and George in the west...They are two of the honest people you can deal with.....and always fair prices...in fact they have treated me with more than a fair price...almost a dealer privilege price..

#282123 - 02/24/10 10:44 AM Re: Guitar Center called, pissed at me
mc Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:

I can only speak for the store which is a mile from my house. I haven't purchased anything major in there for years because you have to beg and plead to actually get a sale rep to help you. They are usually to busy chatting or playing with the Dj equipment rather then helping you. Also in the old days, they would give you a couple of buck off whether it was cables or a large pa. They took care of their customers. Now you get the corporate line. "We are no longer allowed to give discounts, unless you bring in a competitor's ad, advertising it for less" or unless you spend a gazillion dollars, they may give you $3 off.

Unless I have emergency, where i need cables or something, No thanks, I'll try somewhere else first!

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 02-24-2010).]

#282124 - 02/24/10 01:53 PM Re: Guitar Center called, pissed at me
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You've got to laugh at GC... Having spent years trying to put brick and mortar music stores out of business, they get all outraged when someone applies the same tactics to them that they used with impunity for years.

Live by the sword, die by the sword...!

#282125 - 02/24/10 06:04 PM Re: Guitar Center called, pissed at me
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
I'm happy to be serving in in the ranks of "Frank's Army"... HA HA. Great guy, great deals, great stuff!

Frankieve for President!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#282126 - 02/24/10 07:16 PM Re: Guitar Center called, pissed at me
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The GC in my area is always busy, but the guy I dealt with in the store lied like a rug. Each time I called the product was going to be here in a few days--they never arrived. Stick with Frank. He's honest, trustworthy, reliable and treats his customers well.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#282127 - 02/25/10 04:43 AM Re: Guitar Center called, pissed at me
frankieve Offline

Thanks for all the praise, I was just venting, didn't expect this.

Thanks again

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#282128 - 02/25/10 11:05 AM Re: Guitar Center called, pissed at me
chony Offline

Why do you hate GC? It worked out in your favor. The guy tried to get GC to price match you, it didn't work, so now he'll (hopefully) have to get it by you.

#282129 - 02/25/10 11:29 AM Re: Guitar Center called, pissed at me
frankieve Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
Why do you hate GC? It worked out in your favor. The guy tried to get GC to price match you, it didn't work, so now he'll (hopefully) have to get it by you.

1. I don't know if I'll get the sale
2. apparently the person who did buy from me was trying to buy from GC so I potentially lost one. Or wanted to get one quickly from there.
3. I didn't appreciate the way he handled it.

It was something that kinda bothered, that's it. I hope GC comes to my store and buys the whole place from me, then I can work for them too.

#282130 - 02/25/10 04:13 PM Re: Guitar Center called, pissed at me
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
I hope GC comes to my store and buys the whole place from me, then I can work for them too.

NOOOOOOOOOooooooo !!!

t.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online